You ALL give me strength!!! IVF this summer!!!

Hi ladies!
Well af came this morning so I called to request treatment and the nurse immediately told me that they cant accept anyone else this cycle - cut off was yesterday. When I asked why she said because if I were to start this cycle there is a strong likelihood that I would need ec on bank hol mon and no anaesthetists work then. Gutted is no where near how I feel!! Cant stop crying and feel so let down by this whole process!!

WHAT? That is utterly ridiculous. They can't do that surely? Is there someone else u can speak to? She's not even right though is she? Coz if u start injections today or tomorrow surely ure egg collection falls on the Saturday before the bank hol? That's assuming u stim for 12 days.

I would call and speak to someone else if at all possible.

I dont know I am so confused about it all!!. She said that the managers told them the cut off for accepting people his cycle was yesterday. I did call back as I thought she was only administration staff, but she was a nurse and said the whole dept closes down on bank hol and is only open for blood tests!! There was no one else to speak to & you just end up feeling so upset and let down that you dont actually feel you can fight your corner any more. I said what happens about those people who are currently started on their cycles if they require egg collection on bank hol weekend and she said they are prepared for that and gear theie cycles accordingly. I give up.... not sure I am ever going to get off the starting block!!

But then surely they could do the same for u and adjust doses so that ure EC falls on the Tuesday or Sunday? Seems stupid to make u wait another month just coz of one day that may or may not be ure EC.

On ure schedule how's by days r u supposed to be doing stims? Coz they seem to have calculated it based on 14 days of stims for u. But my first cycle I only had stims for 10 days.

So if u got AF tmrw wod it still be a no? Seems so unfair. Which clinic is this?

I am at St Marys in Manchester. Just looking at my timings. They have estimated egg collection to be between 10-14 days. My AF started today at about 10am.

I am supposed to take 150 Menopur days 1-3 & then 150 Menopur & 0.25 Cetronide days 4 onwards.

Oh no Louise that sounds like a nightmare :( It makes me so angry when I hear how us women are treated by some of the staff at these clinics- its as if they have no consideration for our feelings whatsoever. It must seem like forever away but next month will come and hopefully it will mean u can start then. My clinic r closing for a refurb for a month. Goodness knows when i'll get to go in for my FET. Big hugs xx

Hope everyone else is doing ok. How r u feeling highhopes and greta? Xx

Hi everyone

Louise so sorry for your disappointment...unfortunately it is common practice for them to refuse you, I was refused the maximum amount of times (3) so ended up waiting an extra 3 months, and its tough but you will get there.
I personally know how hard it is waiting to then be let down but you will get there. Try and enjoy your time off and remember you can take more time off if you feel you are going to need it next month. This is a very precious time, so don't panic about work.
Take care hun xx

Jack how was your holiday? Hope you are relaxing and looking ahead to meeting your lil frosties xx

Highhopes hope the 2 lil embies are snuggling right in and keeping you company. Its nice that your DH is looking after you so well xx

I'm actually doing ok, feeling brighter and stronger, hoping it lasts xx

Hope everyone else is doing ok. How r u feeling highhopes and greta? Xx

So sorry Louise. U must be so so frustrated. Xx can u go away for a while? A holiday might do u some good?

Jack how long did they say u have to wait to have ure fet? How many embies do u have waiting for u?

Greta I'm SO glad u r feeling more positive :) have u made a decision about whether to go for a private consultation?

AFM I'm feeling quite ropey. Keep having hot flushes, go light headed at times and im having crazy mood swings! Does progesterone do that? Or is it the rest of the drugs still in my system?

I'm hoping my embies r snuggling in! The TWW feels so so long!

Hi ladies

Just got back from holiday yesterday. Had a lovely time. Wish we could have stayed longer but I'm back to school on Monday :( !!

How are you doing highhopes? It's so hard knowing which symptoms are due to the progesterone and which may be early pregnancy signs. I hope the next week goes quickly for you!

I haven't got a date for my FET - still waiting to hear from the hospital. We've only got one little embryo...

xxx

Glad u had a good time jack, sounds like just what u needed! Shame the summer is over but work will keep u busy - I find time goes so much faster when I'm at work! I'm sure u will be on ure fet before u know it! Remember - it only takes one!

I'm doing ok. Having MAJOR mood swings, quite dramatic ones! Yesterday I was very grumpy and cranky but other days I am on a real high. Seem to cry daily! Boobs r huge and had cramps and pinchy pains. It's prob all from the progesterone but got everything crossed. Otd is next weds. X

I remember those symptoms well! R u finding it easy to relax? X

Finding it really tough to keep my mind occupied! I'm restless and cranky!

When do u go back to work? X

I'm back on Monday :( !!! Actually not too sad to be going back - will be good to get back into a routine.

Hope you have a good weekend and manage to find something to do that will keep your mind occupied! I hated the 2WW - it felt as though it lasted for an eternity!

Walked out of the house today coz I was getting close to biting poor DHs head off! Think I'm missing routine too. Still got 2 weeks of hols to go and then I start my new job! X

3 more sleeps until your otd highhopes!! R u going to test early? X

No I'm not - had a scare today coz I had a tiny bit of spotting at 5am. Been petrified every time I've been to the loo since then incase AF turned up. No sign so far. Fx c

Oh no...try not to worry...its probably nothing and in fact can be a good sign. I have everything crossed for u xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->