You ALL give me strength!!! IVF this summer!!!

Thanks! So happy! No more interviews for me :)

Got the hospital on mon for this antral follicle count. Fingers crossed that will be good news too! I'll let u know how i get on. X

Wow jack it's all go for u at the mo isn't it! Which yr gp will u b teaching? Good luck with the follicle count! X

I have no idea what stage I'll be teaching! I forgot to ask!! Its a perm job in the school I've been in since last Aug so very happy. xx

That's even better - u won't have to move schools like I will!

On route to the hospital...feeling a bit on edge :/

Hi ladies can I join you please? :flower:
I am 38 and about to start IVF/ICSI this month. Been trying for 3 years and its been a long wait with the NHS in Manchester.
I am also a teacher! :hugs:
Just been to the hospital today for bloods and scan, all looks ok on the scan, just waiting on blood. If all ok, we can start 22nd June on the long protocol.
You all sound lovely and I can relate to losing a baby at 12weeks too highhopes, even though it was a long time ago with my ex. It's very tough and you lose your confidence, but I too have high hopes and I admire your courage to try again.
Hope everyone is ok. I have found such comfort from this forum.
X

On route to the hospital...feeling a bit on edge :/

Hi gretarose- of course you can join us :) lovely to have u! We like new people joining!

They found 5 follicles at my scan today- not much but enough to go ahead with ivf so i just have to hope now that i'll be one of those women who do better than they expect... will get a letter within the next couple of weeks to say when we're starting xx

Thankyou jack79
wishing you all the best with everything. Good news about you going ahead with the plan. Be good to hear what your date will be?
xx

Hi gretarose- of course you can join us :) lovely to have u! We like new people joining!

They found 5 follicles at my scan today- not much but enough to go ahead with ivf so i just have to hope now that i'll be one of those women who do better than they expect... will get a letter within the next couple of weeks to say when we're starting xx

I'm hoping soon so we might be doing it around the same time :)

Omg jack that is fantastic considering u thought ivf may not be an option anymore! How exciting! So happy for u :)

I've booked in for my final scan to check all is ok before ivf. Got the scan next weds and then appointment with the consultant on 25th. Just waiting to get my period now and then in a month's time I will be starting ivf again!

Welcome greta. Nice to have another teacher with us! Looks like we will all be going through it at roughly the same time. Ive been trying for almost 3 years too. Have u done ivf before or is this your first cycle?

Hi highhopes2013, lovely to meet you. Yes this will be my first attempt with ICSI/IVF. My appointment is 20th June, then if all ok they have said I start my injections on 22nd...! Feels so near, and especially after being refused 3 times since my March period.
How old are you if you don't mind me asking?
And yes jack it feels great to be in touch with ladies going through the same. I started a thread a few weeks ago but it didn't seem to get going.
Feels so good to share, makes the journey less daunting...:hugs:

Omg jack that is fantastic considering u thought ivf may not be an option anymore! How exciting! So happy for u :)

I've booked in for my final scan to check all is ok before ivf. Got the scan next weds and then appointment with the consultant on 25th. Just waiting to get my period now and then in a month's time I will be starting ivf again!

Welcome greta. Nice to have another teacher with us! Looks like we will all be going through it at roughly the same time. Ive been trying for almost 3 years too. Have u done ivf before or is this your first cycle?

I'm 33. Went through cycle 1 in January so know how it goes - give me a shout if u need to offload as u go through it. U will be just ahead of me, as long as my period arrives on Friday! 22nd is really soon-it's an exciting time!

Thankyou thats really sweet of you x
Which protocol are you? And did you do anything to prepare beforehand? I've been fairly healthy, given up booze and been on Pregnacare Conception for over a year. So is my husband, although its been a tough road to get him to take them! He still has the odd beer.
I'm trying to be positive and chill out more. Teaching can be toxic sometimes. Although really glad the summer hols are approaching.:winkwink:

I'm 33. Went through cycle 1 in January so know how it goes - give me a shout if u need to offload as u go through it. U will be just ahead of me, as long as my period arrives on Friday! 22nd is really soon-it's an exciting time!

Oh and I too started acupuncture last week, and been taking some weird herbs! Found it very relaxing. It's cost me a bit £500 for 12 sessions inc. consultation and foot massage!
I've also stopped drinking soya milk as there is a fair bit of research to say it can act like a contraceptive (not what I need!)...but because I'm lactose intolerant I'm really missing it! Especially in earl grey tea...yum. Not quite managed to give up my 3 daily cups of earl grey tea...its my only vice right now! Rock & roll eh?!
12/13 years ago when I was with my ex I got pregnant straight away (it was planned) but sadly miscarried at 12 weeks. It was a hideous time because I had just started my first teaching job and the relationship kinda fell apart a year later. Then I just completely changed my life after we split up, met my husband two years later and we've been together ever since (2004). We have always wanted children but he lost his job 4 years ago and life has been financially quite tough so we put the babymaking on hold (longer than I wanted)...and then just when we thought it would happen straight away...3 years go by, along with so many tests and investigations...sorry you've got my life story!
Do you both teach Primary jack and highhopes? I teach sixth form Art & Design, but trained in secondary & used to teach in a hardcore Manchester school!
Hope you're both relaxing and taking care of yourselves...I'm so glad I found this thread :headspin:

Thankyou thats really sweet of you x
Which protocol are you? And did you do anything to prepare beforehand? I've been fairly healthy, given up booze and been on Pregnacare Conception for over a year. So is my husband, although its been a tough road to get him to take them! He still has the odd beer.
I'm trying to be positive and chill out more. Teaching can be toxic sometimes. Although really glad the summer hols are approaching.:winkwink:

Thanks highhopes!! :)

Greta I'm 33 too...and yes i teach primary...I've had a tough class this year and sometimes wonder if stress at work has had an impact on the whole ttc too. I guess u can never be too sure.

I'm the same as u cut down on the booze (only drink occasionally) and take vits. Have spent over £700 on acu and herbs recently also! Gonna give up the caffeine in the summer hols (only drink a couple of cups of tea a day just now!) God the things we do eh!!
I'm also eating quite a lot of avocados and trying to eat healthy foods. Keep reaching for biccies after work tho! Xx

Ps hopefully the fact uve been pregnant before will work in ur favour :)

Hi do you mind if I join in with this group as I am a fellow primary teacher as well! There seem to be lots of us who are in the same boat! I am awaiting my letter from st marys manchester to say when we will be starting our icsi treatment. I am avidly on postman watch each day. Cant wait to get the ball rolling now after 2 and a half long years!!

How you doing highhopes? hope you ok and not working too hard! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->