You ALL give me strength!!! IVF this summer!!!

sounds fabulous Greta I need a spa day. I am waiting to start stimming then I am pampering myself.

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend! Mine was going great but out of nowhere I got hit by a massive cloud of negativity - all my positivity came crashing down around me and I was struck by the thought that I might never have a baby. Can't seem to snap out of it at the moment - have come out for a walk to try and clear my head but can't seem to stop the tears! I guess it's just part of gearing up for my next ivf cycle, trying to find the strength to go through it again.

Perhaps a spa day is what I need too?!

Awwww :( hope ur ok. I've felt that way before and know how awful a feeling it is. It will pass though. The fact u have been pregnant before definitely stands in ur favour. Get a good sleep tonight and hopefully tomo u'll b feeling positive again :) Xx

Thanks jack! I'm just feeling out of sorts but will be ok. Sitting waiting for my scan. Quite hard being back at the same hospital - last time I was here I had a bfp and was over the moon. Funny how things change!

Scan was all clear. I've been given the go ahead for my next ivf cycle! Just got to book the coordination appointment and meet with the consultant on July 2nd and when I get my period in July I can start injections!

That's great :) Not long now...

I called the hospital again today (twice!) and finally got verbal confirmation that I can start at the beginning of july. Won't hold my breath until I get written confirmation but feeling a bit more positive now I have a date :)

That's fantastic! You will be starting a little before me. Doesn't it seem like the last few months have flown by? It has come round so quickly! How r u feeling about starting in a couple of weeks? Did u tell ure school? Im hoping to not have to say anything - I may just be breaking up for the summer when I start!

We finish up at the end of next week so its perfect timing... I'm feeling ok about it at the moment. Have been told there's an 8-10% chance of the cycle being cancelled due to poor response but not too worried about that x

Gosh u finish early! I've still got FIVE weeks to go before we break up :( lucky you!!!

Try not to think about that tiny percentage x

Hi Jack and highhopes
good news for you both, that's great that things are moving again for you both...we will be very near eachother in dates I reckon. I'm keeping an open mind about my dates just after being refused and the set backs, but I hope it will be June 22nd when I start my injections, but who knows they may change it to end of July. Will let you both know.
Hope you feeling brighter highhopes, I too have felt similar emotions, it really sucks a lot of it and it doesn't make any sense...but I guess you just have to keep on going, one foot in front of the other and be compassionate with yourself.
I believe good times are a 'coming to us all x :dust:

Gosh u finish early! I've still got FIVE weeks to go before we break up :( lucky you!!!

Try not to think about that tiny percentage x

Glad to hear that things are moving again for you girls :)

I am still on BCP (till Friday) Started Lupron injections last Friday. I cant wait to get off the BCP since I am not sure which of the 2 are giving me headaches. I do hope its the BCP and it will go away this weekend once I stop taking it....

Otherwise I cant wait for my baseline ultrasound and to start stimming on 6/28!

Ladies what do u think about massages whilst going through ivf. Is it ok to have say a back neck and shoulders massage whilst doing stim injections? X

Hi all! Well af arrived in full force this afternoon which means I am going to ring st marys to request treatment first thing tomorrow! ! Had a stressful day with data and assessments at work!Feeling down tonight about everything and can't believe that this is happening and it seems like such a long time. Need to be positive but it is so hard!! Sorry to be negative but hopefully I will see the light in the morning after a good rest! Hope you are all feeling happy and can spread some my way xx

It's hard not to get bummed out by it all, but Louise try to look on the bright side - tomorrow could be day 1 of the process that brings u a baby. What could be more exciting g than that?
Jack I don't think there is any harm in massage during the early part of ivf. Personally i wouldnt go lower than upper back/neck/shoulders-i found the injection sites to be a bit sore so wouldnt want them massaging near there. Think it isn't recommended in first trimester so go for it while u still can! I'm gna ask the consultant on 2nd July when I go to see him. Will let u know!

Greta and brandy - how exciting that u r both starting stimming so soon! Bet u r counting down the days!

Oh Brandy is much further ahead than me...I haven't started any injections yet highhopes let alone stimming...I'm still to have my teach slot where they teach me how to inject. And that's this Thursday, so I will let you know how it goes. :kiss::hugs:
Thanks for keeping us posted Brandy and Louise on your progress. And Louise, I think we are all feeling a mixture of emotions, so you are not alone hun. You are one step closer to being a mama though, so keep that in the forefront of your mind. I know it's easier to say than do because when you feel low, it takes over...but it will pass.
I've actually been struggling and had a bit of a tough day, so busy at work and snappy people! Feeling bit low in myself but I am quite close to my AF too and always go through this every month...although it doesn't feel as intense as normal so perhaps the chinese herbs and acupuncture have taken the edge of my aggressive PMT!
It's very warm and it feels like we need a big old thunderstorm to clear the air.
Take it easy ladies and enjoy your massage jack :winkwink:

It's hard not to get bummed out by it all, but Louise try to look on the bright side - tomorrow could be day 1 of the process that brings u a baby. What could be more exciting g than that?
Jack I don't think there is any harm in massage during the early part of ivf. Personally i wouldnt go lower than upper back/neck/shoulders-i found the injection sites to be a bit sore so wouldnt want them massaging near there. Think it isn't recommended in first trimester so go for it while u still can! I'm gna ask the consultant on 2nd July when I go to see him. Will let u know!

Greta and brandy - how exciting that u r both starting stimming so soon! Bet u r counting down the days!

Gosh, sounds like we've all had a few ups and downs recently! It's nice to know we are all here supporting each other-we aren't going through it alone! X

Greta I thought u were starting injections on 22nd? Or is that the teach appointment? Are u taking someone with u for that? I was so glad to have my DH there coz I just kept welling up - it was all so much to take in I felt overwhelmed! Obvs won't feel like that second time round!!!

Hi all! Lovely to read that things seem to be moving along positively for you all. I think a massage sounds like a fantastic idea and a good way to get rid of all of your stresses and strains and focus your mind! Quick update! I was feeling more positivr this morn - thanks for comments. However i rang st marys this morn and requested treatment as I had been told to do by the last person I had spoken to when I rang a couple of weeks back regarding the fact that I havnt received my letter about atarting treatment. The lady I spoke with said I didnt need a letter and could ring on my next period. So annoyed that after requesting they rang me back a couple of hours later to say I was unable to request this cycle because my letter is still in dictation with the consultant!! How bloody annoying and frustrating. It has been a month! How long does it take to dictate a letter and send it? Itz a good job us techers dont say sorry kids we cant teach you for a month cos our plans are still in yhe process of being dictated!

Sorry about any typos. Done on phone must sort computer soon xx

How frustrating Louise! :( I'd be so fed up. Can you complain and try to get them to see you this month. When I called the hospital on Monday I was quite sharp with them (normally I'm very polite!) and got them to agree to treatment sooner. My letter was also waiting to be typed and so the secretary typed it it for me that day. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->