You didn't just say that!!!

They really are daft, aren't they? Sorry for the spam but you just reminded me of another great one:
I was at the miscarriage clinic and it was the receptionist's first day back from maternity leave. I complimented her on having a lovely child etc. and she complained to me! You don't know how hard it is to look after a young child! :shock: I said no, I don't know, that's why I am here. But now that you mention it maybe I should just change my mind and you cancel my appointment with the doctor? DH was grinning from ear to ear over my response but seriously, does she not know where she works?!

They really are daft, aren't they? Sorry for the spam but you just reminded me of another great one:
I was at the miscarriage clinic and it was the receptionist's first day back from maternity leave. I complimented her on having a lovely child etc. and she complained to me! You don't know how hard it is to look after a young child! :shock: I said no, I don't know, that's why I am here. But now that you mention it maybe I should just change my mind and you cancel my appointment with the doctor? DH was grinning from ear to ear over my response but seriously, does she not know where she works?!

](*,) They should have some sort of "Watch your mouth" policy!

I had the sonographer say to me (while having a transvaginal scan - always pleasant... NOT) 'well you can always hope for a miracle'... yeah thanks for that

I had the sonographer say to me (while having a transvaginal scan - always pleasant... NOT) 'well you can always hope for a miracle'... yeah thanks for that

Yeah, nice to hear it from a professional!

"Does he know what he's doing? I should talk to him since I have 5 kids with one set of twins!"
:gun: :finger:

I've had this one before. I just look at them like they're stupid and say "Yes, yes he does... and if you don't believe me - ask our neighbours." Some people can be surprisingly stunned. Haha.

:haha: That's a good reply! I just stared at him, shocked. Yeah, he meant it as a 'joke' but quite a shitty joke if you ask me. I actually bombarded him with information after that, how I'm taking medication because I can't get pregnant on my own because of the LPD and explained what an LPD was and how it affected me getting pregnant.

lol, I don't think he was expecting that. Serves him right.. Ass.

Yeah. Some people don't realize that to us ltttc'ers there is no.joking around. We go through painful tests, give.numerous vials of blood, take whatever mess they recommend just so we can have that little miracle. Someone once tried to give me advice -after she.was a few months along after getting knocked up (the pregnancy wasn't intentional-she had only been with the guy 2 weeks and dumped him a month or ao later.) I just looked at her and said bluntly - There is nothing you can tell me that I either don't already know or haven't already tried.... Shut her right.up.

What an awful thing to say! I hope you complained!

People can be so inconsiderate, one of my friends was like "at least you get to sleep at night".. I was like really...??!!! ugh..people... unless you have ever been LTTTC you REALLY dont get it...

People can be so inconsiderate, one of my friends was like "at least you get to sleep at night".. I was like really...??!!! ugh..people... unless you have ever been LTTTC you REALLY dont get it...

Wow. People don't realize that we would GLADLY give up full nights sleep to have that little miracle.

Just thought I'd share my most recent one...
A woman that I work with had not been ttc, but was told a few years ago by a doctor that she would never be able to have a baby. We would confide in each other, because I THOUGHT she would empathize with me and my ttc. We would talk to each other about our cycles and horrible cramps, procedures with doctors, etc. Well, she had a lap about a year ago and her new doc told her that she should have no trouble getting preggo, however, she was still a little worried. She started ttc a few months ago. Last Friday, I was in my classroom talking with another teacher who has been told she will not be able to carry a child because of an odd shaped uterus. The woman busted into my classroom and screamed out, "I'm going to be a mommy!!". I was dumbstruck. You would think after all her problems and knowing about my problems and the problems the other teacher in my room is having that she would have put it a little more gently. I felt like saying, "Thanks for rubbing it in my face, after all the times I have cried to you, that you have something that I might not ever have!". Had she put it more gently, I would have been a lot happier for her, but now I am just even more bitter. Insensitive brat!

I just got a christmas one.. We have a chat on the phone to send messages within a group of friends, and me and DH have just put on our Christmas Tree (after I spent a lot of time wondering if it was even worth to put it up, what´s the point with no kids, etc and decided to try and be cheerful about the time of the year etc).. So, the tree turned out very nice, and I felt one of those I´m proud moments (because I battled with myself over something I used to have joy about and was not feeling joyful anymore and went for it and it turned ok).. So, I send a phone taken picture of it to these friends (all know of my struggles) and someone answers it´s so nice and modern, mine is old now.. We laugh, she sends a lovely picture of hers with the kiddies (whom I love, we are god parents of one of them so all is good).. then another friend says, yeah, ours is old too, but what´s important is the joy of having it put for our kids..
I just texted Bye.. I could have gone for her throat if she was in front of me...

:hugs: Honestly, some people just do not think before they speak :growlmad:

We're putting up a Christmas tree too! Even though DH says there's no point, I think it atleast looks nice and smells decent :) Gets you in the holiday mood :D

Our tree isn't going up this year. I usually put it up on 23rd and take it down sometime between 27th & 31st and I'm away 24th - 27th so there just doesn't seem much point. I remember our New Year's Resolution was that we'd do everything we could and I'd at least be pregnant by Christmas this year. Silly thing to do.

You only have it up for 4/5 days?!!! thats so sad!! I thought I was late putting mine up around the 14th!!

My house isn't very big and it gets in the way! Lol

I also love 'You'll have another baby...'

So, if someone close to me dies, can i get another one of them too???!!!!

ARRRRGGGGHHHH!! xx

I was at my mother's for 2 weeks because DH was out of town for training..My father was over to visit with me.

He noticed this new figurine over by the door and asked what was that. This figurine was of a little girl with red hair and pigtails (not one of those Precious Moments that people collect). My mother told my father that she felt compelled to purchase this figurine because something told her that this was what her first grandchild was going to look like. :saywhat: WTF?? I sat there stunned with no words. Mind you she's fully aware of our infertility.

She then went on to tell me and my father that she's had 3 dreams of me being pregnant with a girl. I decided to chime in with, "Gee, can you tell me how old I am, if it happened naturally, or we had to do IVF?". Then walked out of the room.

WTF, does my mother think she's some sort of prophet now? :nope: I mean she probably meant well, but neither my DH or I have red hair! Brown and blonde are dominant in both our families! Now I have to look at that damn thing, every time I go to her house. I'm going to make her put it away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->