young mum TTC#2

Aw Kyle has a habit of falling asleep on the way home from childminders and its a nightmare trying to wake him, Hopefully he perks up soon for you!

My dad gave me a cheque to do my lessons as an intense 2 week course, but have to learn the theory and pass that first. Planned to do it october ast year but had to work every minute for christmas and florida :dohh: My OH drives, which is good just now, but I wanna be driving before another LO comes along.

here u go... dont laugh! I need to do ears and add a neck yet! Hopefully this one will get hands and feet, im not too good at those at the moment as they are very fiddly!

https://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv293/babydust/DSCF3581.jpg

i painted it a little bit too so i could see where i was going with it... will be a small newborn size. ok i feel really embarrassed now

No way!! Did you actually make this? Thats amazing! You seriously should be proud of yourself. How did you learn that?

I actually make baby dolls for a living, not for babies, but someone else sculpts them out of clay like this one that i have made and has them made into vinyl kits for artists like me to make. I used to enjoy it but now its my job and less of a hobby, so sculpting is the new past time for me! Yes seriously, its made out of super sculpey clay. Making baby dolls has helped me gain a good knowledge of proportions and features but its still bloody hard but yes i guess you could say I am proud of her, its very rewarding when you 'make' a face! You should try it ;)

She looks amazing! How did you get into something like that? Do you sell these dolls on?

yes hun, i sell the vinyls, not the clays though as I have only done 4 so far and want to improve and perfect them before I sell.. this one has blemish's called moonies on her face where the clays heats and cools. I need to work on stopping those else i wont get a perfect sculpt although she would be fine as she is for production as those flaws do not matter so much.

I first got into baby dolls almost 3 years ago when i was on maternity leave and was sat at home twiddling my thumbs, it just went from there and now I am an established reborn artist worldwide and make tutorial dvds and sell the kits needed too! Its all a bit crazy at the moment but this year ive decided to take it a little bit easier than last year
I sell them on ebay for lots of mooolah! lol

this is the vinyl! Its a prototype (which is mostly what i do, a prototype is the first vinyl kit of a specific sculpt to be reborn in the world)

https://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv293/babydust/DSCF3504-1.jpg

Sorry for my ignorance, but when you say vinyls what do you mean? That 'blemish' on the first one is so realistic though, newborns usually always have some sort of colouring like that, so I thought that was meant to be there.

I've never met anyone that does thay kind of thing. Its really interesting!

I woke up with AF cramps this morning and i've had it on/off since. Still got leaky boobs, not due AF till 31st! So long to wait ](*,)

hehe no worries, i always get asked about it :) Vinyl is a plastic material, kind of rubbery but more solid than rubber and durable like rubber. I paint the dolls over 30-50 layers of very thin paint, and i have to heat set each layer. When ive done all the skin tones on the vinyl kit, i root each and every strand of hair indiviusally with a special needle that takes 100+hours per newborn sized head.. that one i showed you took me 120 hrs!!! LOADS! It's a bazarre thing to do, but i love it and it feeds the family.

Oh, i hope she stays away! could be implantation cramps? You have a long way to go yet so sounds about the right time for implantation cramps

AF is in full swing today, heaviest in 3 years! Hopefully having a good clear out lmao

120 hours?! The patience you have must be endless!! :lol: They are beautiful. Once you've done your bit do you sell it or do they go to a company to be sold? Is your business trip to florida regarding these dolls then? By the way, I must sound so nosey but i'm just intrigued, tell me shut up if you like :blush: :rofl:

Oh and fx'd its implantation. It would be about the right time, I'm trying not to get too excited, and failing...haha!

haha get excited :) I would, i know i wouldnt be able to help it either... i wonder how the other girls are getting on?

Yes the patience of a saint you would think, but I have little patience for anything other than reborning and being a mum!
On the last 2 days of the trip there is a big doll Expo in Shingle creek hotel (idrive) called IDEX, its a mahooosive doll event where there will be lots of dolls on display/sale and reborning tools and supplies ect The biggest companies in the doll industry will be there from china dolls to clay, to ball jointed dolls, fantasy and baby dolls! So something for every doll lover. im not actually a collector but we are going to promote our new business and the DVD tutorials.

I sell my dolls on ebay :)

AF is still here of course like a gooden, im wondering though if i should take some iron tablets, definately heavier than ive had in years! I was also thinking... should i stop taking my folic acid throughout AF? :S never thought of it before?

I see that Kat20 and Sarahjane are both pregnant!! :happydance: Good for them!

I'm unsure, I dont see why it would be a problem to continue with your folic acid through your period. I'm waiting on my appointment to go get my bloods took again. I'm pretty sure I'm anemic, they keep giving me one lot of iron tablets then stickin me with more needles rather than keep a constant prescription!

Possible TMI.. I'm not allowed sexy time cause my eye!! Its killing me :blush:

Good morning!!

oh wow congrats for them... How exciting!!! Hope your girls have a happy and healthy 9months!

boohoo for us lol :) Hopefully we will get ours soon and we can join them in first tri!

Ouchie, has it not got any better... omg its actually making me shiver at the thought of someone bioping (is that a word?) my eye.

i think ill get some iron tabs too, looking a bit ghostly this morning.

Im packing today, went and brought some new bits yesterday and toiletries to take, so i think its about time to start packing lol since I leave 6am sunday morning... :|

I was just been working out the dates and i fly home on CD 12 and get home on CD13, i hope I havent OV'd :( that would suck ass

Well thats cutting it fine, hopefully it'll be okay!

I'm terrible at packing, one of those leave it till the last minute kinda girl :lol: luckily my OH likes to give me a boot up the bum to hurry me along! My eyes alot better, but still achey, wee bit itchy too which is driving me nuts :wacko:

Is it just a week your away for? I think i'll be testing the day your home! Providing I can hold out that long :dohh:

yeah just a week, its all OH can get off work! It was all so last minute, we booked it about a week before xmas so havent had to wait long but meant that OH couldnt book holiday off and had to settle for unpaid time off.
Now ive got ironing to do zzzz

My OH has been out constantly working and at cadets, and our ironing pile just keeps getting bigger!

I'm so confused. Just got a letter in from the hospital kyle ended up in, in november. He was severely constipated and had a UTI, they treated him with anti biotics and its still currently on laxitives, will be for a few months yet. However this letter says "As you know when he was in earlier Nov 10 he had acute urine retention and one of his samples showed 10^4-10^5 E-coli positive and therefore I will arrange a renal ultrasound scan for him.."

No one told me he had E-Coli?! And that causes diarrehea, not constipation! Surely we should have been made aware that he had E coli! They never even treated him for that. I'm waiting on a call from the doctor to explain this.

hmmm just had a quick search and it could have been a non harmful one?
E. coli is a common type of bacteria that can get into food, like beef and vegetables. E. coli is short for the medical term Escherichia coli. The strange thing about these bacteria — and lots of other bacteria — is that they're not always harmful to you.
E. coli normally lives inside your intestines, where it helps your body break down and digest the food you eat. Unfortunately, certain types (called strains) of E. coli can get from the intestines into the blood. This is a rare illness, but it can cause a very serious infection.

Im pretty sure if it was a harmful case they would quarantine, or at least tell you so you can stop it? I think i would be pretty confused too, they could have at least followed with an explanation...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->