Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

Mumface- you know you can't trust a test after 10 min right?! Your new pic cracked me up lol.
Well I've been watching my new fave show "I didn't know I was pregnant"! Have u guys seen it?! So many women on it have pcos, are told they can't get pregnant cos of it so done suspect pregnancy or think anything of their wacky periods when they go missing for 9 months!
Watched one tonight where a girl felt pain, put it down to cysts, waters broke, thought a cyst popped and started passing breech baby and thought it was a cyst coming out, all in a truck stop toilet!

Mumface- you know you can't trust a test after 10 min right?! Your new pic cracked me up lol.
Well I've been watching my new fave show "I didn't know I was pregnant"! Have u guys seen it?! So many women on it have pcos, are told they can't get pregnant cos of it so done suspect pregnancy or think anything of their wacky periods when they go missing for 9 months!
Watched one tonight where a girl felt pain, put it down to cysts, waters broke, thought a cyst popped and started passing breech baby and thought it was a cyst coming out, all in a truck stop toilet!

LOVE that programme :haha:

I had a dream last night i did 3 hpts and all bfn. I did a 4th and two very thin blue lines appeared sfter loke an hour. Then i was frantically trying to upload the image on this forum but my laptop was crashing all the time.
Bfp on the brain!

My gosh I hate dreams like that!

LOVE that programme :haha:

I'll second that - love it!

Thanks for the welcome :)

Cocomia - the book is called The Ultimate PCOS Handbook - lose weight, boost fertility, clear skin and restore self-esteem - by Collette Harris and Theresa Cheung

Was a fab read, they are on amazon but I found a cheap copy on ebay.

Changes made include: diet and exercise (went back to slimming world and stepped up the running), taking a really good pribiotic multivitamin and mineral complex (to replenish all the bits that being on the pill for years had depleted and boost all the levels needed for good hormone functioning), taking fish oils (again for hormone function), increased water intake (water filtery jug thingy and fruit/herbal teas) no caffeine, more protein (through eggs as I'm a veggie) and a the big scary bit for me, stop taking the pill!

All sounds a bit random but it explains it all in the book and at the mo I feel the best I have felt in a long time :thumbup:

Mumface - I wondered re: the pill and PCOS thingy, my GP explained it like this.... being on the pill puts your ovaries in a kind of hormonal straight jacket, once you stop taking it, your ovaries initially want to do what they are supposed to do, i.e pop out eggys! After a few months tho, they then realise that they are free and the PCOS stuff starts dominating again.

She said once off the pill, you have the best chance of conceiving in the first 3 months before the PCOS kicks in again. Obviously it wont work for everyone but when trying for DS2, the first 3 months of coming of the pill I cycled normally...... then everything went blurgh after that!

Sorry to hear about your BFN missnoodles - I am just up the road from you in West Oxfordshire :)

That's really useful thanks Rach!

I've got take control of your fertility book but it always assumes you don't have an underlying fertility problem so that book sounds like the perfect next step, thanks.

I LOVE I didn't know I was pregnant - if only to justify during the 2ww that even though I'm not PG that I still might be haha

X

Sorry to hear about your BFN missnoodles - I am just up the road from you in West Oxfordshire :)

Thanks lovely. My boss has been great and sent me home after my not so discreet sobbing session in the office!

I read a book called PCOS and your fertility - it was really good and explored all the treatments, lifestyle changes etc. It's one of the better ones I've looked at. I think you can get used ones quite reasonably on amazon

Thanks lovely. My boss has been great and sent me home after my not so discreet sobbing session in the office!

I read a book called PCOS and your fertility - it was really good and explored all the treatments, lifestyle changes etc. It's one of the better ones I've looked at. I think you can get used ones quite reasonably on amazon

Yipeeee dp has his sa next weds at 9:30am whoop whoop :happydance:
Poss clomid by new year......?

Thought snape might magic us all a bfp lol!
That show is insane! I wonder how some women can go through a pregnancy and.not know ??

Thought snape might magic us all a bfp lol!
That show is insane! I wonder how some women can go through a pregnancy and.not know ??

Ooooo don't get me started, I'm a Harry Potter fanatic, my eldest things I'm such a saddo LOL

When I had DS1, I was 15 and didn't discover I was pregnant until I was about 30weeks!!!!! I had a regular bleed, which I presumed was my af and still fitted into my school uniform, including buttoning up my shirt and blazer!

I had had some sickness and felt tired and my GP did lots of blood tests and tummy examinations trying to find out what was wrong - he thought it may have been a thyroid problem or a stomach ulcer!!!! When I felt mega weird sensations, like something was moving around in there (at what I now know was 30 weeks) it all suddenly came clear! My GP was amazed as he had not suspected or felt anything :shrug:

Welcome, Rach! And sorry about the bfn mum face, :hug:

I went in for progesterone bloodwork yesterday and my level is only 10. I'm trying not to freak out too much. I'm starting my progesterone supplements 2x day instead of just 1x and I'm supposed to do an hcg mini-dose. I've done them before, but I'm out of town for the holidays so going a little nuts trying to find Ovidrel here. My levels have always been great, any advice on low progesterone? :cry:

Welcome, Rach :wave:

Sorry about the bfn, mumface :hugs: I looooove Harry Potter, too! I'm such a geek!

Stayhopeful, I'm not really sure about low progesterone...I think I have it too, but they are not looking at sorting that out atm :hugs: Have you looked at changing what you're eating? I know there are some foods that can naturally boost progesterone, and might be worth a look at? I'm sure it can't hurt :hugs:

FINALLY had my scan yesterday :happydance: on CD19! At my scan last week, I have three follies but they were all slightly on the small side, so they wanted to wait and see if they grew more. Yesterday, all three were over 18mm, so couldn't trigger :( But I'm not too sure whether she read the scan right, because at first she was telling me that I had already ovulated...nope, she just wasn't looking at my ovaries! :dohh: At my last scan, I vaguel rememeber having one on top of the other, and one by itself in the corner...yesterday, all three were on top of each other?! I'm not too sure...have another scan booked in for friday, to see where we stand, with my actual FS, rather than just a nurse :thumbup: BD'ed last night, just in case I don't make it to Friday though :thumbup:

Hey Nlk,
That sounds very involved - I hopeit works out for you. It's good that you're seeing your fs next and I hope you'll be able to feel a bit.more confident about the information you receive.

Babydust!

A hsg would prob be my next step to ensure im not blocked up.
Either way i cant wait!

Sounds like progress to me! Good stuff. And Christmas is literally just around the corner, so we can all relax and just have some fun for at least a few days x

Hi all.
Quick query...iam 5dpo today, I use opks (they work for me) and temp to confirm ovulation but this time my temps are much lower than usual??!!

Normally they're 97.7 - 98.1 after O but this time no more than 97.7 and mostly lower than that.
They are all above the cover line but just concerned it means my progesterone levels are out of whack this cycle.

Is this possible to happen if normally are ok??

Hi everyone! New here on the ttc thread.. i think i got my first ever BFP last night... anyone heard what the chances are of 4 false positives? I was on clomid for my october cycle due to my pcos. this was my 5th month on it so my Dr. told me take a 3 month break from it... i am four days late with aunt flow and i have taken 4 home pregnancy test... all for have been yes right away... scared to get my hopes up so an advice helps....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->