Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

Hey ladies. Hope it's ok to join. I have been TTC for almost 3 years with PCOS
I got my BFP last month but it ended in a chemical miscarriage at the time a/f was due. I have never been on metformin, but I'm going to be next cycle.
My question is… my dr told me we could start a cycle in Decemeber as long as my hormones are stable and my ovaries are "at rest". Has anyone ever done this before? It freaks me out. I just can't imagine starting a cycle without my period and I'm wondering how it effects my success rates. Any ideas??

Welcome to macmama2be and laurenM :hi:

Macmama, I think I would take 4 pos tests to be a pretty good sign :haha:

LaurenM, my doctors have never said anything like that to me. They've never mentioned have a rest from ttc or anything. I'm on 1000mg of metformin a day and it did drastically cut down my cycle length last cycle, just going to wait and see if it works this month. Good luck :) EDIT: most of our ttc-ing has also been done without me having had af and the doctor has never mentioned that we shouldn't.

Hey ladies. Hope it's ok to join. I have been TTC for almost 3 years with PCOS
I got my BFP last month but it ended in a chemical miscarriage at the time a/f was due. I have never been on metformin, but I'm going to be next cycle.
My question is… my dr told me we could start a cycle in Decemeber as long as my hormones are stable and my ovaries are "at rest". Has anyone ever done this before? It freaks me out. I just can't imagine starting a cycle without my period and I'm wondering how it effects my success rates. Any ideas??

Not 100% sure what you mean.... But when I fell pregnant I hadn't had a period in 3-4 months, doc gave me clomid (without a period first) and I conceived somewhere around cd120, my doc did do a blood test first to see if my ovaries were resting or not first, he said if they were stuck in the first "not ovulated" stage go straight to clomid, if they were in the post ov stage wed need to force a bleed then clomid

Hi everyone! New here on the ttc thread.. i think i got my first ever BFP last night... anyone heard what the chances are of 4 false positives? I was on clomid for my october cycle due to my pcos. this was my 5th month on it so my Dr. told me take a 3 month break from it... i am four days late with aunt flow and i have taken 4 home pregnancy test... all for have been yes right away... scared to get my hopes up so an advice helps....

I think 4 pos tests is a pretty good sign! Congrats!

Well I started progesterone supplements 2x daily instead of 1x and I took an hcg mini-dose today, hopefully that will take care of my low progesterone issue. Blood test scheduled for next Tues...

Hi everyone! New here on the ttc thread.. i think i got my first ever BFP last night... anyone heard what the chances are of 4 false positives? I was on clomid for my october cycle due to my pcos. this was my 5th month on it so my Dr. told me take a 3 month break from it... i am four days late with aunt flow and i have taken 4 home pregnancy test... all for have been yes right away... scared to get my hopes up so an advice helps....

Congratulations! The say positives are more reliable results than negatives! :happydance:

Hi all.
Quick query...iam 5dpo today, I use opks (they work for me) and temp to confirm ovulation but this time my temps are much lower than usual??!!

Normally they're 97.7 - 98.1 after O but this time no more than 97.7 and mostly lower than that.
They are all above the cover line but just concerned it means my progesterone levels are out of whack this cycle.

Is this possible to happen if normally are ok??

Hey Stella,
I think that bbt is like everything else and blips do happen. Have you done anything different this month?

My bbt chart (when I bothered) looked like the rockys and my acupuncturist said it was because my progesterone was low. Among other things, I read that high consumption of sugar can affect it and there are a lot of foods which can naturally enhance your progesterone.

Getting monitored regularly has been a nightmare for me, so I can't say whether any of the changes I made have worked. Have a little google - there's a lot of info out there.

Hope that helps

Oh dear to the sugar thing! I ate 2 cakes on saturday and have eaten way too much chocolate already this week...oops!!
Will try to cut down from today onwards.
Thanks for the info. xxxxx
BBT 97.4 today :(

Aaaggghh one my friends is pregnant! Im so happy for her but it was an accident, one of those the pill must have failed this cycle tales. Shes upset about it but said will come to terms with it and her oh is far from impressed. OMG! Come to term?? Its the most beautiful thing two people can do is make a baby and to me she is treating it like shes ordered the wrong size dress from the catalogue!
She knows about my pcos and is supportive and i will be supportive to her but it upsets me how i cant even perform the basics of ovulating and having periods without help from a doctor.

Macmamma a bfp is a bfp especially 4 in a row! Go for a blood test if your not sure! Congrats :happydance:

I thought AF was due today based on my digital opks but no sign yet. Not getting my hopes up though cos I got a BFN 2 days ago

Yeh I know.. think I feel a slight cramp coming on.. I start clomid with my new cycle so just wanting AF to get here and I can get on with it lol

My af can please itself right now. Its either coming or not, make your mind up af!
Cd39 no trace of anything yet, had cramps but nothing for a few days.

Fancy a night out. Even though i dont drink i still have good nights out. Fancy going to a rave like back in the day :haha:

Lol. Yeh I know what you mean. I'm working right through til next wed so no weekend for me

Checked online about low progesterone...my boobs and nips have been super sore today and thought that may be a good sign if not a bit early at 6dpo but apparently this is one of the signs of low progesterone!

I could have cried! Cant believe my last chance before we will have been ttc'ing for a whole year is pretty much gone coz my progesterone has decided to not work this cycle when this has never happened before!!!

This whole process is so unfair!! :(

Checked online about low progesterone...my boobs and nips have been super sore today and thought that may be a good sign if not a bit early at 6dpo but apparently this is one of the signs of low progesterone!

I could have cried! Cant believe my last chance before we will have been ttc'ing for a whole year is pretty much gone coz my progesterone has decided to not work this cycle when this has never happened before!!!

Are you being monitored by a doctor at all? I have low progesterone this cycle, so my doctor has me on progesterone suppositories and I did an Ovidrel mini dose. There's things you can do to help, but I think the most effective things come from a doctor. I read somewhere that PCOS can cause low progesterone,which I think may have lead to my mc in Jan. My FS has me do suppositories now every cycle.

Yes i get super sore nips too, they feel bruised when touched. Also my cm dries up too. Thats when i know im low on progesterone. Is your doctor doing anything about it?
My doctor will help me when dp has had his sa.

I had a bfn last week sometime but since then i have felt ........
*tired, more than usual
*hungrier....usually i eat breakfast as 9:30am and can go til 5pm with just some fruit inbetween but this last week i have been ravenous (i work 12-8pm so have to eat a bigger breakfast to compensate for no lunch)
*funny tummy - sicky feeling after eating or more frequent number twos .....tmi sorry!
*bloated
*moody/emotional/no intrest in anything even my beloved cross stitching!
*more cm than usual, today is pretty watery tmi :haha:

Im clutching at straws, my doctor confirmed my day 21 bloods i hadnt ovulated but i may have done since. No sign of af yet and i have no hpt at home.
I think im gna wait til after weekend then test.....
Has anyone else ever had these feelings/symptoms...

The problem with symptom
Spotting Is it could be so many things!
Sore boobs and nips are also a Pms symptom and an early pregnancy symptom

Still no AF for me.. will test in the morning if she doesn't show

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members