Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

Hi I'm 24 and I am overweight. Yesterday I was diagnosed with PCOS. Me and my partner have been trying to conserve for a year with no success. Now we know why :nope:

So the dr has sent me away with the pill and told me to come back in 4 months once I have lost weight. Very unhelpful as I have tried losing weight so much and it's a few Ibs here and there but nothing drastic.

I feel that the dr didn't really understand anything about this syndrome and just sent me away. I want a child why would he give me the pill? (Obviously I know this would regulate my periods etc) I am thinking about making another appointment and asking for a 2nd opinion. As surely they can't just send me away and tell me lose weight? I know weight loss will be very helpful and I will carry on trying my darn hardest but should I have been offered more help and not told to come back in 4 months. I am so confused as this is all so new to me.

Your opinions would be very helpful. Thanks in advance :)

When I was diagnosed I read a book called A Patient's Guide to PCOS. It actually really helped med understand what I was going through and what I could be facing. Also I set fitness goals for myself. I set a goal to run my first 5k and I trained to get my body ready to run. It was the best thing I ever did.

Everyone has a different journey with PCOS but I think the first thing is to be educated.

Lolaollie10 = loose weight, a doctors most favourite phrase in the english language.
but 4 months??? Get a 2nd opinion and bcp for ttc? Ask him how to concieve whilst on a pill that stops ovulation.
How did he diagnose? I had bloods and ultrasounds to confirm pcos.
Yes go back for a 2nd opinion i would. i kept going and going until i was finally referred to an fs who is now helping me!
You have ttc 1 year, doctors in the uk give us.pcos'rs 6 months before a referral.
We have to be firm with doctors or they wont do anything.
:dust:

Afm i am a bit uncomfortable today :( but i can now sleep on my side :)
Seeing my FS on friday with dp then going shopping for pcos/endo/ttc friendly foods!

Im making a list for gyno.....
*how bad is my endo?
*will endo impact my ttc? (dont think i had endo symptoms)
*drugs for endo?
*will be cd38, meds to bring on af or wait it out.......again?
*can u check my stitches?
*are my ovaries still enlarged?

Anymore questions anyone can think of?

Hi I'm 24 and I am overweight. Yesterday I was diagnosed with PCOS. Me and my partner have been trying to conserve for a year with no success. Now we know why :nope:

So the dr has sent me away with the pill and told me to come back in 4 months once I have lost weight. Very unhelpful as I have tried losing weight so much and it's a few Ibs here and there but nothing drastic.

I feel that the dr didn't really understand anything about this syndrome and just sent me away. I want a child why would he give me the pill? (Obviously I know this would regulate my periods etc) I am thinking about making another appointment and asking for a 2nd opinion. As surely they can't just send me away and tell me lose weight? I know weight loss will be very helpful and I will carry on trying my darn hardest but should I have been offered more help and not told to come back in 4 months. I am so confused as this is all so new to me.

Ugh, this was exactly the response I used to get from my old doctors. They never looked into whether I actually did have PCOS. I would say that losing weight would be a good idea anyway, but I'd definitely want a second opinion on the bcp and I'd also want some scans/bloods to confirm PCOS. They should definitely be referring you if you've already been ttc for a year even if you are overweight. I was referred after we'd been ttc 9 months and I'm massively overweight.

Just had an episode of sobbing and blahh and ive brought all this pcos and endo on myself through poor diet and excercise :(:(
No one in my family has any problems so i think its me.
Well, starting friday its pcos/endo/ttc friendly lifestyle!
Screw you pcos and endo you have nothing on me :)

Afm, same report as i was expecting Negative ... and same issue which i was thinking about, low motility of DH sperms, only 20% are motile .... 45% normal sperm and 55% abnormal :(
dr satrted his medicine, which he has stopped taking in last November after taking only 21 days ..
i am speechless what to say what to do :/ i was expecting this before its meant my sixth sense works

Dr said you are on same medicine, Clomid and Metformin as you are Oing so no need to increase dose
let see :(

Mumface don't beat yourself up over it, don't forget there are the 'skinny pcosers'. I don't have any family that have pcos either.

AFM no signs of bambino yet, missing my team at work already! Was meant to have baby wardrobe delivered today but didn't arrive due to stock issues, wouldn't have minded so much if they actually let me know there would be no delivery! Tut tut!

Katerz is right mumface, m also here who dont have any PCOSer in family
even my cousisn are getting preggo while having their first baby some months old ..
we cant blame ourself, but this is some exam for us from our God, we will soon be a mommy , hugs

Hopeful the only pill that helped my pcos was dianette. It cleared my oily skin and hair, stopped my random.pelvic cramps but totally killed my sex drive :haha:
Maybe the minipill is best because it has less hormones.
Xxx

Can't use normal pill when breast feeding ... Only mini pill.
I do like the idea though that it doesn't give u a false bleed like the pill so I can see what's really going on

There is no guidelines on what to do as every pcos case is different- but it all comes down to how much your doctor is willing to help and what he knows about pcos. My doctor said he didn't know much about it but after 4 months ttc and no af said he could see there was no way I'd get preg so sent me to an fs before the 1 year waiting period.
The fs did suggest losing weight would help but also gave me fert drugs (clomid) and said they'd be best used in conjunction with diet and exercise. 2 weeks after my first dose I was pregnant.

I think u need to see another doctor or better yet an fs

I have 6 days until my next appointment. I wish it would hurry up. I am anxious to make sure that I can leave the first trimester behind with healthy babies. Sadly I have to wait 6 days.

My back is hurting and it's making me so paranoid. I hope everything is ok. My back hurting is a mc symptom I had last summer. It's playing with my mind.

Thank u for your replies.

I had blood test and ultrasound to confirm PCOS. Today I have made another appointment to see a different dr, I really hope that he will help me.
I know I need I lose weight, so today that strict diet has started. My dr said he will not refer me for any ttc help until we have tried for 2 years! Everyone else I have spoke with thinks this is ridiculous.

I'm so stressed. I'm trying to read up on PCOS just now to get a better understanding on how successful pregnancy will be in the near future. But the dr giving me the pill... That was just stupid I think.

In the dr office I just agreed with everything he was saying and took it that he one what he was talking about, but now with a little more understanding I need medication to help with This.

Thank u all again for you replies :)

I had blood test and ultrasound to confirm PCOS. Today I have made another appointment to see a different dr, I really hope that he will help me.
I know I need I lose weight, so today that strict diet has started. My dr said he will not refer me for any ttc help until we have tried for 2 years! Everyone else I have spoke with thinks this is ridiculous.

I'm so stressed. I'm trying to read up on PCOS just now to get a better understanding on how successful pregnancy will be in the near future. But the dr giving me the pill... That was just stupid I think.

In the dr office I just agreed with everything he was saying and took it that he one what he was talking about, but now with a little more understanding I need medication to help with This.

Personally he sounds like a douche!!
I would toss the pill, go to a different doctor and tell him you've been trying 2 years

Personally he sounds like a douche!!
I would toss the pill, go to a different doctor and tell him you've been trying 2 years

I agree with hopeful, I can't believe he wantd to wait to refer you until you'd been ttc for 2 years!

Afm, nothing new, cd 8 today and just going with it and waiting till DH can finally go for his SA. We went out today to PC world and got ourselves a new computer. Our old laptop is on it's last legs and we can't use the ipad or our phones for everything. We decided against another laptop, so we got a desktop instead and have it connected up to our tv. It's awesome having a 37" monitor lol. I also apologise in advance if my spelling and grammar takes a nosedive, I'm dyslexic and I'm used to using the ipad which will auto correct my spelling and grammar and it's been a long time since I've really used a pc for typing. I've been spell checking as I go this time but can't say I'll be bothered to do that everytime lol

My Incisions are hurting today but im ok.
Got the fs tomorrow and dp says i look deep in thought. I said im worried, he asks why, i say im worried fs will fob us off saying come back in a few months lets see how you do blah blah blah.....
I guess i have no faith in anyone. Dp assured me we will walk away from fs with a script for clomid.....simple......
If not im going to get some agnus castus :):):)

Ghinspire, best of luck with coming scan and just put all troubles out of your mind be relax, your babies are with you, hearing you mommym for them just be relax ok <3<3

Good luck mumface, i hope you get Clomid for you coming round thums up

Nexis, woow congrats for new desktop pc, its also months i not used desktop i,e in my home out in Azad Kashmir, i used to conversate with you all and to be active with my family via Nimbuzz on Tablet, rest having a Asus touch screen laptop, DH gifted me on 2nd anniversary in Janyary :)
i feel so easy using Tablet while come here on the forum

whole day passed in light brownish spotting, hopeful AF come with full flash by tomorroe, so i can start my second round of Clomid
lucky we, got DH medicines here easily and he started his doze too, hope for his sperms get motile as much as we want :/

Aein good luck with round 2!
Ghinspire im certain your scan will go well and dont forget to get a piture!!
Nexis i'd luuuuurve a new laptop! Ours is ok but its slowed down, i blame dp.for streaming movies and sports on it all the time :haha:
We have a nexus 7 tablet but i prefer laptops.
Our laptops about 3 yrs old now, we got it with dp's compensation from a car crash he had in 09, we got a laptop, a new washer, 2 iphones, a kettle, toaster and new pans that day, felt like proper millionairs just going in shops and saying yes we will have that, this, those.....:haha:
We were goin to blast the lot on a holiday but it just happened things needed replacing in the house.
But i mainly use my phone for this forum. Its easier to log on quicker this way.

Im hoping af will come soon. I dont want another 100+ day cycle :(

Aien good luck with round 2, round 2 was our lucky round!

Gh your scan will be fiiiine, I had terrible lower back pelvic pain at the end of 2nd tri I'm guessing it was making room for baby to grow.

Mumface you'll have your clomid in noooo time :)

Katerz i hope so. Nooooo wayyy your due in 15days?? :):):)

Just watched rocky horror show dvd with dp, i luuuurv it! The deal was i went to see wwe with him and now he has to accompany me to the theatre to see a musical :) cats is my fave or phantom of the opera.....or rocky horror....cant decide! Which ever comes to manchester first :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->