Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

yeah. when people refer to skinny pcos, its more that they dont seem to have the associated weight issues or insulin resistance. its generally more difficult to treat, because pcos can usually be improved by losing weight. however, if i lose any more weight i will be classified as underweight, so thats obviously not an option. so basically, the pcos is already relatively bad, without having the weight issues...ive been strongly recommended to already start to look at my diet, and make sure that i really try hard to keep my weight as it is, because at a higher weight it will only get worse!

matilda, what CD did you have the ovidrel on? im having trouble getting hold of some atm...all the pharmacies i ask either dont have it, or will only get it in in 2-3 weeks. so got to time everything else perfectly to make sure i can get it!!

Ladies im stressing at the thought of chemical pregnancy. Now wishing I didn't test so early! My frer today was darker than yesterday and today got a pos on a cb digi...I think I'll be relieved in 2 days once I pass 4 weeks and know my periods not here, then better at 5 weeks. and I have an ultrasound booked for 6 weeks 3 days.
Is it necessary I keep testing everyday? At least next 2 days until af due...

If it's stressing you out, I wouldn't test any more. If your lines are darker then I wouldn't worry too much which I know must be easier said than done. :hugs:

My ov test today is pretty much the same as the last two days. Nice and dark, couple of shades lighter than a proper positive though.

No idea what this means. :(

Hi all. I've just started seeing my RE and underwent round one of Clomid last month 50mg days 5-9. Before I started Clomid another doctor put me on BC for 2 months to regulate AF. I thought it was a stupid idea because we want to have a baby! I've also been taking Metformin for about two months now.
I am 28 and have only menstruated 6 times total in my lifetime. I am overweight but other than that I'm healthy. I took OPK's to see if I was ovulating after the Clomid and all came out negative. We tried anyways.
AF is supposed to come on Monday (Day 1) and that's when I should have tested for pregnancy but I tried just for fun today (5 days too earlier) even though I knew that I would just dissapoint myself.
I got a very, very, very light positive line and now I'm confused because I might be imagining things. I have to hold it at a certain angle to see it. Could Clomid work just like that on the first try? I'm not believing that it's a positive...I'd rather not be depressed if its a neg. I'm supposed to go in for a blood test on Monday. Please wish me luck.

Yep, digital test said "not pregnant" :nope:

dale- clomid works the first time for many women! A light line could be a positive, and the negative digi means nothing. Digis are not as sensitive and many women don't get positives on them until they're further along (especially if you tested that early). I would just try another line test and wait for the bloodwork on monday. fx'ed!

I agree about the digis not being very sensitive. I know I won't use one til I have a definite positive on a different test.

FX for you, a faint line sounds promising!

Thinking of you girls. I hope everything is going well. I am heading to NYC for a fun weekend. I am leaving this whole pregnancy thing behind for a few days. My period is due on Monday. Hoping it doesn't come.

Thinking of you girls. I hope everything is going well. I am heading to NYC for a fun weekend. I am leaving this whole pregnancy thing behind for a few days. My period is due on Monday. Hoping it doesn't come.

Mine is due on Monday as well. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and enjoy your relaxing weekend!

tODAYS frer IS LIGHTER THAN YESTERDAYS

i had a glass of water and a glass of milk before bed... could that influence it?

yest i did a cb digi and it said preg 1-2
and todays said preg 2-3 so thats reassuring but im really worried about the frer (im still a day or 2 from my period due date, imnot sure when it is cos i was on clomid)

Attachments

• IMG_2367.jpg
    IMG_2367.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 11
yeah. when people refer to skinny pcos, its more that they dont seem to have the associated weight issues or insulin resistance. its generally more difficult to treat, because pcos can usually be improved by losing weight. however, if i lose any more weight i will be classified as underweight, so thats obviously not an option. so basically, the pcos is already relatively bad, without having the weight issues...ive been strongly recommended to already start to look at my diet, and make sure that i really try hard to keep my weight as it is, because at a higher weight it will only get worse!

matilda, what CD did you have the ovidrel on? im having trouble getting hold of some atm...all the pharmacies i ask either dont have it, or will only get it in in 2-3 weeks. so got to time everything else perfectly to make sure i can get it!!

Hi nlk! I mostly agree with what you say about skinny PCOS. However, I also have skinny PCOS and when I was at the lower end of the BMI/healthy weight my cycles were more irregular and gaining weight actually helped me. Since I've maintained my BMI at 20-21 my cycles have been MUCH better. Still not preggo tho :)

tODAYS frer IS LIGHTER THAN YESTERDAYS

i had a glass of water and a glass of milk before bed... could that influence it?

yest i did a cb digi and it said preg 1-2
and todays said preg 2-3 so thats reassuring but im really worried about the frer (im still a day or 2 from my period due date, imnot sure when it is cos i was on clomid)

Hopeful - put the pee stick down, and walk away. you're just gonna worry yourself. You're pregnant. Now stop testing. It won't do any good, and it won't change whatever the result may be.

FRERs are *crap*. Ignore them and go on.

Your bean isn't gonna like the stress you're putting yourself under. So again, put the pee stick down, and walk away. Its not just for your own state of mind, but for your baby's sake too.:thumbup:

4 days since provera and still no AF :( how long does it usually take for AF to turn up? Soooo tired of waiting.

kat- it can take up to 2 weeks

I got a positive opk. Pretty excited b/c this could be my shot at a natural conception before the IUI. If not, then at least I'd get to start the IUI earlier. I've never gotten a positive opk unless on clomid, so I hope my body is actually gearing up to o. I have all the same symptoms of ovulation as I had when I ovulated from clomid. Wish me luck!

4 days since provera and still no AF :( how long does it usually take for AF to turn up? Soooo tired of waiting.

it only took me 4 days to get mine... it just depends on the person...:wacko:

how are you feeling hopefulfor1st???? what kind of symptoms did you have before you got your bfp?

gflady - I meant with a *normal* bmi, not like, really low!! lol. so yes, youre completely right! sorry if it came across as a sort of 'the lower the better regardless'. obviously there going to be a cut off point!

i once waited 12 days for AF after taking provera, so i wouldnt worry too much after four days! i think it depends on the doctor as to when they expect you to bleed....but definitely wait it out a bit more.

helena im so excited for you!! really hoping you get a natural bfp! that would be so amazing!

how are you feeling hopefulfor1st???? what kind of symptoms did you have before you got your bfp?

I have had alot of one sided hip pain today and rang the after hours hospital service... They told me to get straight to e.r. To rule out ectopic.
But I just rang my gp on his moby n he totally put my mind at ease! And also said preg tests can get darker n lighter. And if I were having an ectopic then I would know about it and wouldn't be making calls! And also that it wouldn't be apparent for another week or so!

I guess I didn't notice symptoms as I tested so early! But 2 days b4 bfp worst headache ever n slight fever. And last 3 days I've had a foul taste. It tastes like that stuff u paint your nails with to stop biting! Also today hubby noticed alot of bumps on my nipples. I didn't have the period like cramps everyone talks about. Just little pinching feelings. I tell hubby "poppys digging in!" and just tonight an insane ache in my right hip that near had me in tears.... Like I've had a chronic oblique workout!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->