Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

Also, I don't know if u saw me saying 5dpo I thought I was oving again as I had the same feeling.. Low pressure feelings in the abdomen and my fertilfriend scope showed ferning(it goes by estrogen rise)... I told hub "double ov" race home! And dtd again. I'm now thinking it must have been implantation as my bfp came 6 days later!!

Hey, so I found some interesting info on my little panic over getting a lighter hpt!
1) 2 tests in the same box can be loaded with different amounts of dye, so show different lines!
2) there is a thing called "the hook effect" where your hcg gets too strong and starts getting lighter! I saw it demoed on a thread here by testing in pee, and testing in watered down pee, and the watered down one was darker!! (might be onto something with me having twins nlk!)
3) if you drink cola and potato chips and eat generally shit, your pee is more concentrated, so finding out your preggers and adapting a healthier lifestyle will lead to a more diluted result!

Just found it interesting!!!

Congrats hopeful!!!!

Ladies I have not been on this post for months but congrats to all the :bfp: I recently had mines as well.

ahhh congrats chiles!! so happy for you!1

so that makes this group as 8 bfps now then? because im sure youve been in here before?!

kat- it can take up to 2 weeks

I got a positive opk. Pretty excited b/c this could be my shot at a natural conception before the IUI. If not, then at least I'd get to start the IUI earlier. I've never gotten a positive opk unless on clomid, so I hope my body is actually gearing up to o. I have all the same symptoms of ovulation as I had when I ovulated from clomid. Wish me luck!

GL Hun! Get to the bding lol

Thanks ladies!!!!! And yes I have been here before. Just not that often. Sorry bout that.

how are you feeling hopefulfor1st???? what kind of symptoms did you have before you got your bfp?

I have had alot of one sided hip pain today and rang the after hours hospital service... They told me to get straight to e.r. To rule out ectopic.
But I just rang my gp on his moby n he totally put my mind at ease! And also said preg tests can get darker n lighter. And if I were having an ectopic then I would know about it and wouldn't be making calls! And also that it wouldn't be apparent for another week or so!

I guess I didn't notice symptoms as I tested so early! But 2 days b4 bfp worst headache ever n slight fever. And last 3 days I've had a foul taste. It tastes like that stuff u paint your nails with to stop biting! Also today hubby noticed alot of bumps on my nipples. I didn't have the period like cramps everyone talks about. Just little pinching feelings. I tell hubby "poppys digging in!" and just tonight an insane ache in my right hip that near had me in tears.... Like I've had a chronic oblique workout!
Thats good its not an ectopic that would be terrible! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. :) Ill keep everyone updated on my progression. :) Today is 2dpo :)

yeah. when people refer to skinny pcos, its more that they dont seem to have the associated weight issues or insulin resistance. its generally more difficult to treat, because pcos can usually be improved by losing weight. however, if i lose any more weight i will be classified as underweight, so thats obviously not an option. so basically, the pcos is already relatively bad, without having the weight issues...ive been strongly recommended to already start to look at my diet, and make sure that i really try hard to keep my weight as it is, because at a higher weight it will only get worse!

matilda, what CD did you have the ovidrel on? im having trouble getting hold of some atm...all the pharmacies i ask either dont have it, or will only get it in in 2-3 weeks. so got to time everything else perfectly to make sure i can get it!!

Haven't been on here for a day or two and feel behind with all the posts.

Nlk I took ovidrel on CD 14, it was hard to get over here too - apparently only three pharmacies stock it which is a pain. I reckon that it would be fine from CD 12 onwards though, I would've had my scan at CD12 and then ovidrel but for it being a weekend. Fingers crossed you manage to be able to get it. Are you getting an IUS this round to check follicle growth? FYI when you do get it, take an ice bag with you as it has to be kept cold, FS didn't tell me this so I basically ended up injecting it as soon as I got out of the pharmacy to ensure it was cold. Probably not a great look stabbing myself with a needle in public but I was paranoid it would get too warm otherwise.

Congratulations Chiles!

Hopeful, that will be so exciting if it is twins! Do you know how many follies you produced at all? I hope everything goes well for you :)

Good luck to everyone currently ovulating and in the TWW. I am currently 5dpo. Get my blood test Wed to see how my progesterone has gone, I am hoping it's high! [-o<

Welllllls AF turned up today so i can finally crack on with Clomid tomorrow and chart properly woohoo!

I ACHE today as i did a 10 mile midnight walk for a childrens hospice yesterday AMAAAAZING atmosphere and lots of fun :)

yeah. when people refer to skinny pcos, its more that they dont seem to have the associated weight issues or insulin resistance. its generally more difficult to treat, because pcos can usually be improved by losing weight. however, if i lose any more weight i will be classified as underweight, so thats obviously not an option. so basically, the pcos is already relatively bad, without having the weight issues...ive been strongly recommended to already start to look at my diet, and make sure that i really try hard to keep my weight as it is, because at a higher weight it will only get worse!

matilda, what CD did you have the ovidrel on? im having trouble getting hold of some atm...all the pharmacies i ask either dont have it, or will only get it in in 2-3 weeks. so got to time everything else perfectly to make sure i can get it!!

Nlk I took ovidrel on CD 14, it was hard to get over here too - apparently only three pharmacies stock it which is a pain. I reckon that it would be fine from CD 12 onwards though, I would've had my scan at CD12 and then ovidrel but for it being a weekend. Fingers crossed you manage to be able to get it. Are you getting an IUS this round to check follicle growth? FYI when you do get it, take an ice bag with you as it has to be kept cold, FS didn't tell me this so I basically ended up injecting it as soon as I got out of the pharmacy to ensure it was cold. Probably not a great look stabbing myself with a needle in public but I was paranoid it would get too warm otherwise.

im assuming by IUS youre meaning the internal ultra sound. I have had a scan every month, because they didnt believe that the clomid would work anyway; so will have my scan either CD12/13, depending on when they have appointments available.

i know it has to be kept in the fridge, but other than that theyre going to inject it for me? i literally have to take it with me, and then they scan, and if there are follicles there then theyll just inject me straight away. i think thats what you mean? but i was told keeping it in the fridge until my appointment would be fine.

also, where do they inject it? im not looking forward to this.

Hi all! Sorry not posted for ages i have been busy.
Glad to read about yet another :bfp: woop woop well done chiles xxxx
Im out this month, af came today with vengence! Its been 33 days since the start of my last one and i think about 36 since i stopped bcp. So this is my first real period after my last withdrawl bleed and tbh it doesnt feel any different.
Like i said on prev threads im kinda glad she came. At least now i can try and track 'ovulation' naturally and see if a :bfp: would be possible for june .........
Just waiting for a letter to arrive to tell me when i can have a scan done to establish one and for all if i have pcos or just a few cysts.

im assuming by IUS youre meaning the internal ultra sound. I have had a scan every month, because they didnt believe that the clomid would work anyway; so will have my scan either CD12/13, depending on when they have appointments available.

i know it has to be kept in the fridge, but other than that theyre going to inject it for me? i literally have to take it with me, and then they scan, and if there are follicles there then theyll just inject me straight away. i think thats what you mean? but i was told keeping it in the fridge until my appointment would be fine.

also, where do they inject it? im not looking forward to this.

Yep, because the internal ultrasound should indicate the size of the follicle and then once it's big enough they'll inject you. For mine, I had the scan and the follicle was the right size so my FS just gave me the script and I had to inject myself that day. It's just done in the stomach and actually didn't really hurt at all. Less bad than a blood test so you'll be right :)

Hey everyone!

I just got home from my weekend in NYC. I am EXHAUSTED but I had a great time. I got to have some fabulous food, drink some wine, and spend time with some good friends and the husband.

My period symptoms have been none existent and I am hoping they stay that way and instead I get a surprise BFP. I had a HUGE migraine yesterday and then I got car sick and I haven't been car sick in forever. I almost threw up in the cab but ended up having to go to a diner and throw up there in their bathroom.

My body is being crazy.

Tomorrow I am going to test. I'm trying to keep positive but I'm afraid the moment I test is the moment my AF comes.

We shall see. I hope that everyone had a great weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->