Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

I was the worst eater! Through work I'd have 2x 600ml diet coke bottles and a block of choccy. McDonald's or similar for lunch.
Then more fizzy drink at home.

In the 5 days I've knowingly been pregnant I've not wanted for any of this. I cut out the coke cold turkey and today I had a freddo, first choccy in nearly a week!

I think my little poppy is suppressing pcos cravings

Yeah, I defo need to quit the sugar. Gosh, I'm going to be so moody for a couple of days or so whilst I get used to it!

The thought of doing an extreme diet puts me off but I think I'm just going to have to make small gradual changes; with kicking the sugar and bread being the first things. Ugh, I love them both so much!

I was the worst eater! Through work I'd have 2x 600ml diet coke bottles and a block of choccy. McDonald's or similar for lunch.
Then more fizzy drink at home.

In the 5 days I've knowingly been pregnant I've not wanted for any of this. I cut out the coke cold turkey and today I had a freddo, first choccy in nearly a week!

I think my little poppy is suppressing pcos cravings

When my friend became pregnant her food cravings changed and she totally went off sugar and chocolate.

I think a BFP would help me cut out sugar too :winkwink:

I'm so excited for you!

Don't do anything extreme. All you do is be more mindful. That is the first step in getting healthy. This weekend in NYC I ate badly but it just means this week I get back on the wagon and start eating and working out on schedule.

Although right now the Metformin should be helping me ovulate and curving my appetite. It doesn't help me ovulate it would seem but the diet thing it does help with.

You're right, and sensible. I'm usually quite mindful but over the last few months I've been horrendous with my diet and exercise! Really bad. Day one of mindful eating starts tomorrow!

You're right, and sensible. I'm usually quite mindful but over the last few months I've been horrendous with my diet and exercise! Really bad. Day one of mindful eating starts tomorrow!

You can do it!

You can't change everything overnight. I tried that so many times. And believe me I have days where my moods are horrible and I feel frustrated and depressed. I look at myself in the mirror and say, "How is blob girl ever going to get pregnant?"

I feel hopeless but working out has really been helping me. I feel like I am at least doing something you know? I'm not giving up and letting PCOS control me.

Today I'm definitely having a low day. I got that BFN and I want to just throw in the towel. July will be 1 year of trying and nothing to show for it. But I'm trying to tell myself with my diet and exercise changes that I should be getting better soon. Not to mention I'm going to try to go in to see a GYNO in July.

I don't know what the future holds but doing something is better than nothing. And you never know maybe it will be exactly what you need to get that BFP.

Can I ask a question, ladies? Does having polycystic ovaries mean having PCOS??

Thats a question i need answering to as my medical file states enlarged ovaries with cysts. For 6 years i have been believing i had pcos but im waiting for another scan to see once and for all whats going on.
when they gave me results of my scan 6 yr ago doc just said cysts. Gave me no info no nothing leading me to research and kind of self diagnose myself.

Xxxxxx

I guess that's true. I'm not out until AF sings. I'm making a healthy grocery list for myself and hubby. We both want to get back to healthy eating since we got back from our weekend trip. I think there will be a lot of salad involved.

Although frozen yogurt sounds so good right now.

You can do it!

You can't change everything overnight. I tried that so many times. And believe me I have days where my moods are horrible and I feel frustrated and depressed. I look at myself in the mirror and say, "How is blob girl ever going to get pregnant?"

I feel hopeless but working out has really been helping me. I feel like I am at least doing something you know? I'm not giving up and letting PCOS control me.

Today I'm definitely having a low day. I got that BFN and I want to just throw in the towel. July will be 1 year of trying and nothing to show for it. But I'm trying to tell myself with my diet and exercise changes that I should be getting better soon. Not to mention I'm going to try to go in to see a GYNO in July.

I don't know what the future holds but doing something is better than nothing. And you never know maybe it will be exactly what you need to get that BFP.

Thanks for the encouragement and inspiration.

We can do it! I feel disgusting and hopeless right now too but you've really helped me feel a bit better.

Hope you feel better soon xoxox

I guess that's true. I'm not out until AF sings. I'm making a healthy grocery list for myself and hubby. We both want to get back to healthy eating since we got back from our weekend trip. I think there will be a lot of salad involved.

Although frozen yogurt sounds so good right now.

You will also find you save money buying healthy. I try and make alot of our meals from scratch rather than use pre packed frozen and I am not kidding we have gone from spending £55 per week down to around £45 per week instead, that £40 a month saving will be going towards our baby saving fund to buy things we will need.
When we first met we ate out so much, then when we moved in together we were eating so many take aways and pre packed meals we piled on alot of weight. He lost 3stone (42lbs) on slim fast last summer. Slim fast made my stomach churn bad so I ate healthy and lost 20lbs slowly but surely.
Also if we eat too many rubbish carbs we feel lazy and sluggish and in no mood for sex whereas by cutting out the rubbish carbs we are more energetic.

BUT .... frozen yogurt sounds so good anytime of day :happydance: or ice cream as we call it in UK lol!

HOWEVER...... I have just got home from work as I finish late at night and had three cups of tea .... not bad.... BUT i just demolished a packet of chocolate biscuits :wacko: feel like :sick: now, I was hungry, should have had soup instead.....oh well! AF is here so Im craving sugar sugar sugar!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

muface26, it's true too many carbs make me all bleh too. Right now I'm making some healthy burgers and a fresh salad. Although we did open a bottle of wine. A little wine never hurt. :)

Tested just now.

BFN...

I felt like crying.

Oh well...

So sorry, hun. :hugs:

You've been quiet stay hopeful!
What are u upto?

Right now I'm just waiting to o. My last Clomid cycle was a bust (AF came the day before Mother's Day, that was rough). Since I was overstimulated last round and had 2 follicles burst but a thin lining, the doctor dropped me down to 25mg of Clomid. I finished my last pill yesterday and I go in for a scan on Friday. Because its a lower dose, I'm really scared it won't be enough and I won't o. I have been sooooo moody this round of Clomid, I've been horrible to DH and I feel really bad about it. We've been trying for 6 months now, it's been 5 months since my mc and things are just starting to get me down, I guess. More bfps everywhere I look. And I'm dealing with the weight issue too which is frustrating, I've gained about 5lbs going off BC even though I do eat right and excercise (for the most part). Just trying to stay positive and we'll see what happens on Friday.

Tested just now.

BFN...

I felt like crying.

Oh well...

So sorry, hun. :hugs:

You've been quiet stay hopeful!
What are u upto?

Right now I'm just waiting to o. My last Clomid cycle was a bust (AF came the day before Mother's Day, that was rough). Since I was overstimulated last round and had 2 follicles burst but a thin lining, the doctor dropped me down to 25mg of Clomid. I finished my last pill yesterday and I go in for a scan on Friday. Because its a lower dose, I'm really scared it won't be enough and I won't o. I have been sooooo moody this round of Clomid, I've been horrible to DH and I feel really bad about it. We've been trying for 6 months now, it's been 5 months since my mc and things are just starting to get me down, I guess. More bfps everywhere I look. And I'm dealing with the weight issue too which is frustrating, I've gained about 5lbs going off BC even though I do eat right and excercise (for the most part). Just trying to stay positive and we'll see what happens on Friday.

I will be hoping for you so much. It can be a hard journey but I hope your BFP comes soon.

Thanks, ghinspire! I'm trying to stay positive... I guess I'm just not doing a very good job today.

Hi I will join this thread.

I am 32 was first diagnosed with PCOS 6 years ago but was on BCP since so it wasnt reall an issue. Came off the Pill in November 2011 and went to Dr to ask how PCOS would affect TTC. They ran tests and my bloods were all normal so they said they didnt think I had PCOS after all. I was sent for a scan of my ovaries and confirmed I have cysts on my ovaries and they are now saying i DO have PCOS.

My cycles were fine (see sig) until this month where I am now on CD35 and dont even know If I have ovulated. I use CBFM and got no Peak, although I did get 4 days Positive OPK's from CD27 I am still unsure if I actually O'd as I have read on here that ladies with PCOS get false positives on OPK's and also I had no O pain or EWCM or anything. :wacko: so just playing the waiting game now (had 2 BFNs) Just wish AF would get here.

My situation with the doctor is that I have to try for another 6 months before they will give me any treatment.

Thanks, ghinspire! I'm trying to stay positive... I guess I'm just not doing a very good job today.

Trust me I know what that is like because I too struggle with staying positive. The main thing is that we all have each other. That is what that board is for.

Hi I will join this thread.

I am 32 was first diagnosed with PCOS 6 years ago but was on BCP since so it wasnt reall an issue. Came off the Pill in November 2011 and went to Dr to ask how PCOS would affect TTC. They ran tests and my bloods were all normal so they said they didnt think I had PCOS after all. I was sent for a scan of my ovaries and confirmed I have cysts on my ovaries and they are now saying i DO have PCOS.

My cycles were fine (see sig) until this month where I am now on CD35 and dont even know If I have ovulated. I use CBFM and got no Peak, although I did get 4 days Positive OPK's from CD27 I am still unsure if I actually O'd as I have read on here that ladies with PCOS get false positives on OPK's and also I had no O pain or EWCM or anything. :wacko: so just playing the waiting game now (had 2 BFNs) Just wish AF would get here.

My situation with the doctor is that I have to try for another 6 months before they will give me any treatment.

Welcome! We are all here to help with your journey.

Ok, I'm not sure if i asked this here on this thread or not, so just in case... I'll ask again! :)

How do you get diagnosed with PCOS? I'm really starting to think my doctor is a head case and need herself a shrink.

Background:
I went to the dr 6.5 years ago, just before i got married, because i wanted to start trying right away, but hadnt had AF in ages. I was put on bc at 14 for heavy, irregular periods. after about 3 months of that, i stopped taking it for some reason. Since then, I've not had periods, or only 1-3 a year. Doc said that was fine, nothing was wrong.

oct 2011 i go to a different doc as in november it would have been 6 years ttc. No exam or anything, and BAM! diagnosed with PCOS, started on metformin due to not having AF in so long. they upped it on 11/7 as no AF had come, and had my female exam. 11/15 i had AF, and have had one every month since. on 1/20 i went for an US and an IUS. My ovaries were clear, no cysts. I had blood work done as well. Only prolactin and thyroid.

Isnt there more testing involved in being diagnosed with PCOS? After almost 7 years, shouldn't she have done more testing? a FS gave me a consultation and said the dr should have given me the basic work up, and started me on Clomid already. The dr hasn't even referred me to a FS yet, and that's the only way to get into one here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->