Young PCOS'ers! ~ 35 BFPs down!! ~

Hi girls! I am posting this here because I am not sure where else to post it, I am brand new to this site and it's kind of confusing still!

I am 25 and have always had irregular cycles (usually around 60-65 days). I started taking Clear Blue Easy opks earlier this month and I got a + the last day of my AF. Since then I have been taking them every day (sometimes twice), out of the last 15 days, 9 of them have been + and a few negative. Everything I read says I have PCOS. I don't have anything of the other symptoms other than the irregular cycles. I am so confused as to what to do. Do the irregular cycles alone mean that I probably have PCOS?

Hello and welcome!
wow your experience with opks sounds confusing so having said that i would stop using them asap. I wouldnt even bb temp either. Also as coco said go to the doctor for an ultrasound scan its the only way pcos can be found.
I hope you find answers soon. Good luck!
:dust:

Ps my hormonal blood test came back normal and my scan revealed enlarged ovaries with cysts. My doctpr said she studied the picture and said i had pcos. If i am overweight its only by about 8lbs or something, my skin is oily on the tzone and i have a garden path (a line of hair from my belly button to my pubic area) i also get random cramps mainly on my left side. My first cycle after bcp was 33 days followed by a whopping 54days. I believe bcp messed me up so im waiting for my cycles to calm down.

However on cd 40 my progesterone levels were tested and they were low, af came on cd54 so maybe it was low coz i was due on?
I am still in denial about my pcos......best way i think. Ignorance is bliss and all that.

i'm now on CD50. was expecting AF today. but nothing yet and a BFN.. I had loads of positive OPKs on CD34 & CD35

Fed up. This is the longest cycle so far for me..

i'm now on CD50. was expecting AF today. but nothing yet and a BFN.. I had loads of positive OPKs on CD34 & CD35

But yet doctors wont help regardless if you are cd50 since your last one. "just one of thos things" according to my doctor. My af came cd54 for me and i think i got a positive opk around cd38/39.
i dont remember whacky cycles prior to bcp, yes they were heavier and painful but never 50od days apart. I think i had some regularity as i never remember stressing with late perids.
Bcp had messed me up!

Long cycles are the worst. I had a 65 day cycle before I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with PCOS. It can be the most frustrating thing. Right now I am dealing with short cycles. Instead of 32 day cycles it has been 22-27 day cycles.

I pray we will get it soon.

Mumface I recon bcp messed me up too! After coming off them I wouldnt see AF for a good 4-5 months! But she reared her ugly head on the day before we got hitched though! Grr.

There should be a button you press to bring on an AF!!

I am drinking a little English Breakfast Tea and wondering what I should do today. I'm wondering if I should go somewhere to write or do the laundry that has been piling up.

I feel so out of sorts. I have been sleeping like crazy through this period. The blood never stops. It is bright red just keeps coming. I keep thinking that it might let up and finally be over but it has been going strong since Sunday. It's insane. Isn't it enough already?

I'm hoping that this cycle will be the one. That it's just emptying everything out so that I can start fresh. That's what I hope it all means. It's hard to tell though.

Mumface - Great news that your bloods were fine!

The PCOS diagnosis was hard for me to take too as apart from messed up cycles (after BCP) and the fact they have a scan picture showing one round ovary and one that looks like a flower (there are cysts all round like petals but not pretty!!!!) I wouldn't even think to ask for the diagnosis. I'm very slim and do have the line on my belly too but the body hair is common in my family anyway as I'm mixed race and very dark so not sure if i'm meant to have a lot anyway! :haha:

Whilst the diagnosis is useful and can help progress things in terms of appointments and referral etc I find it a little irrelevant and just focus my attention on what's happening and what they can do about it. Them giving it a name has not filled me with confidence when it seems the syndrome is so unpredictable in everyone... :dohh:

If it makes anyone feel better (and as it's not in my signature) after coming off the pill my cycles have been 34, 31, 57, 43, 30, 50, 59, 41, 62, 53, 31 and counting.. When I look at them like that it makes me laugh to think the average is 28?! Who has even had a 28?!?! :shrug:

x

Ghinspire - if your cycles have been all over the place this may be your first one like you say that is just getting rid of everything.

For PCOS that's good though isn't it as well have trouble getting rid of the broken down follicles and leaving traces behind. FX for you that you'll feel lots better when it's finally over and you'll O nice and strong on your next cycle. :hugs:

Get some fresh air if you can, that might perk you up a bit although i'm sitting here with a cuppa myself hehe :coffee:

Hope the weather is a bit nicer where you are

x

Ghinspire - if your cycles have been all over the place this may be your first one like you say that is just getting rid of everything.

For PCOS that's good though isn't it as well have trouble getting rid of the broken down follicles and leaving traces behind. FX for you that you'll feel lots better when it's finally over and you'll O nice and strong on your next cycle. :hugs:

Get some fresh air if you can, that might perk you up a bit although i'm sitting here with a cuppa myself hehe :coffee:

Hope the weather is a bit nicer where you are

x

It's actually quite hot here. I love the heat though, my husband is not a huge fan of it. I love when it gets to be 90 degrees. I hope this weather keeps up when we go to the beach on the 28th of the month. It will be our first vacation in a long time. I'm going to need the relaxation.

Wow it is rainy, drizzly and cold here! British summer has skipped us this year. I think the US has stolen all our sun. Perfect for the Olympics, live up to our name of Grey Britain!

Yes a chill out at the beach will be great for you to relax, get away and soak up those happy sunny rays :happydance:

I'm the same; the boyf can't stand it and I am out cooking in the haze hehe

After all our hospital visits recently I am trying to book some time off, maybe not even go anywhere but just relax and breathe and spend time together that doesn't involve waiting rooms or needles!

x

Wow it is rainy, drizzly and cold here! British summer has skipped us this year. I think the US has stolen all our sun. Perfect for the Olympics, live up to our name of Grey Britain!

Yes a chill out at the beach will be great for you to relax, get away and soak up those happy sunny rays :happydance:

I'm the same; the boyf can't stand it and I am out cooking in the haze hehe

After all our hospital visits recently I am trying to book some time off, maybe not even go anywhere but just relax and breathe and spend time together that doesn't involve waiting rooms or needles!

x

That sounds like a good idea. I think everyone needs their time to regroup.

Hubby and I went to Scotland last summer and it was quite soggy. I didn't mind though because I had always wanted to go. I didn't mind a little rain.

Right now I'm freezing because husband of mine decided the AC needs to be cranked to freezing cold.

So far I've not really has any problems with the metformin, bit of an upset stomach here and there. From what I've been reading though I'm not looking forward to upping it to 1000mg.

On an unrelated note, anyone else been having issues viewing this thread? Rest of the site fine but when I go to this thread on the iPad, it loads then redirects to some dodgy dating site?? Hasn't happened on my phone and it's only on this thread..

My af has officially gone but today im having cramps on and off and thin cm. Maybe its leading up to the big O? Im cd 6 so will he bd'ng every other night (or morning.....or both!) so if i do get the big O we might catch the egg!

Glad everyone is doing good.
Xxxxx

Good luck mumface..

My last cycle was 42 days (BFP then chemical)

this one CD50.. hoping to be back to normal after this..

I know what you mean lol. On friday n saturday I am working 3pm - midnight :(

If we catch the egg on this cycle my due date would be 19th april 3 days before my birthday how cool!
Laurabe i work 12-8 so not too bad but 3-midnight that sucks! Would you get your hours changed when baby comes? I wouls be ok with mine as i would take baby to.grandmas at 10am then set off to work. Dp would pick baby up 6pm and take it from there. Im worried as when i get home at night baby would be in bed but at least id have mornings with baby and dp would have evenings. Its not an option for me to stop working so would need to go back full time.

Xx

So far I've not really has any problems with the metformin, bit of an upset stomach here and there. From what I've been reading though I'm not looking forward to upping it to 1000mg.

On an unrelated note, anyone else been having issues viewing this thread? Rest of the site fine but when I go to this thread on the iPad, it loads then redirects to some dodgy dating site?? Hasn't happened on my phone and it's only on this thread..

No never had probs viewing but when i edit my posts on my phone it wont let me place the cursor where i need it hence wby i have so many typing errors in my posts.
Have u got a setting to turn off pop ups?
Xx

No never had probs viewing but when i edit my posts on my phone it wont let me place the cursor where i need it hence wby i have so many typing errors in my posts.
Have u got a setting to turn off pop ups?
Xx

Weirdly it's stopped doing it now :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"