Your 4 month old and bedtime?

optimistic1

Mommy, Daddy, and Nadia!!
Reaction score
What time does your 4 month old go to bed, how many times do they get up for a feed, and what time do they get up in the morning?

Nadia seems to like to go to bed super late and wake up early. I'm trying to get her to go to bed early. If she is getting up between 7-9am and setting that as her WAKE UP time she should be going to bed around 8-9 right? Before this dreaded sleep regression started (at least that's what I think is going on extreme fussiness, lack of naps, waking more at night, hard to get to sleep, very clingy, etc.) I had her going to bed at 9:30-10ish and she would wake up around 7-8 am and only wake once sometime in the night. I'm hoping to get back to that soon and mix in a bit of sleep training so she can finally self settle (I know she can self settle she's done so a handful of times but she wont do so every night or even most nights she just screams and screams until I come get her)

Evelyn is down by 9 PM and sleeps through until 8-9 the next morning. Usually I just change her diaper and bring her into bed with me, and she sleeps for another hour or so while I snuggle with her before we get up for the day. Naptimes have went out the window this week though!

All babies are different, idk it might be hard to compare your baby to the responses.... But since you asked to see what others are doing:
Mine is about 3 1/2 months. She goes to bed on average at about 6:30 pm ( give or take 15 mintues) she wakes up between about 7:30 and 8:00 am. Some nights she gets up once around 3 or 4, i change her and nurse her on one boob, then back to sleep until 7:30/8 am, and some nights she goes through and just wakes up at 7:30am. Its about 50/50 right now, probably in the next month or two she will be consistently sleeping through, as thats what my first did as My first daughter was the same way....
If my baby goes to bed later than 7pm, she wakes maybe two times through the night and gets up for daytime earlier, maybe 6 or 6:30am. It's weird but the earlier bedtime makes them sleep later in the morning... With my first we would try to push bedtime back so my husband would get to see her more after work/ dinner, but she woke more often and got up earlier, so we just followed her lead and did the 6:30 bedtime deal. Eventually it got later and later naturally, and by the time she turned one she was going to bed between 7:30 pm and 8:00 pm, getting up at 7:30 or 8 am. The older one is a bit over two and that's her schedule even now 8-8. Anyhow, so with my second following her lead, we just go with the early bedtime, knowing it gives her a quality night sleep. This works for our babies, but they are all diff. My brother and sister in laws kids all went to bed around 10 pm when they were babies, so you gotta just figure out what gets your baby the best night sleep I guess. :)

We start the bath at 6.30, then feed and then to bed. Before the sleep regression he'd sleep till 4, feed and sleep till 8. Now though he can wake more often. Like this night he woke twice. Try and push it forward and set a routine with bath etc so baby knows it's time for bed. X

Well I'm going through the regression... Like u lo was going to bed at 9-10 and waking at 7-8

Now he's bed at 8.30 wake at 12... Wake at 2... Wake at 3 then in bed with us and wakes at 5 then 7 ....

Like u in trying to make it better too ...

Goodluck with ur lo

I think we're all very lucky! My LO goes to sleep between 8 and 9 now, and wakes at 7 or 8 without any night feeds / wakings. I posted on here about how she was 'hijacking' our evenings cos she refuses to settle between 7 and 9 (she has her bathtime at 7) but learnt very quick from the responses how very lucky we are.

I envy everyone! Lol my little girl has a "bed time" routine but wakes everynite anywhere from 2 to 5 times were up between 7 and 8:30 every morning

The other nite she did half 12-6 and I felt like throwing a party to celebrate haha

And as for naps I make a conscious effort everyday to give her one sometimes it's a 10 min power nap sometimes it's 3 hours!! Lol but everyone says she's so content and happy! She's too busy takin in the world for sleep!

It'll come in her own time! Am happy she's happy and healthy

At that age I let them sleep when they where tired and come to bed with me. Then sleep all night. Myles is still asleep now. They get in to own routine and develop good sleep eventually. Depends on child. I dont do routines and sleep training. I go baby led.

When Thomas was 4 months his usual routine was bath at half 6 then bottle and bed for 7pm. He would then sleep through till around 6.30-7.00am.

He did go through a stage of being really unsettled and waking up for feeds during the night... I put this down to the 4 month sleep regression. He's back to his 'normal' routine now. All babies are different though :)

My little boy is just over 4 months and goes to sleep at around 6.30pm and usually wakes at about 6.30am but I'm guessing due to the regression, at the moment he can be up and wanting playtime from 3am! This morning it was 5.30am. X

I'm pretty sure we're going through the sleep regression too as Ollie has been a bit of a nightmare at night for the past week or so. But normally he's bathed at 7:15, bottle at 7:30 and in bed by 8. He wakes for a feed around 3am and then sleeps till 8am.

The past week he's been up more frequently looking for a cuddle and gurning and has been a nightmare napped. Hope it ends soon.

Jessica still has terrible sleep. Her bed time after bath, feed etc, is 7.30/8pm. She then wakes at 12, 3, 5, 7 and up properly at 9am. She had her jabs 2 days ago and her sleep has been even worse! She's not really sleeping more than 1hr at a time, and will only settle when she's on me. Jealous of you all!!! x

Thanks ladies. Last night was better..ish there was a lot of screaming and fighting from her but I got her to sleep at 9. She woke up at 3 am thinking it was playtime and I had just fed her so I left her be and she eventually fell asleep only to wake every hour after that til 8 am. Getting her to bed early did result in a better stretch of sleep which I hear is typical during sleep regression.

I do a routine but I don't full on bathe her every night because she has sensitive skin so I just wipe her down and moisturize her and then cuddle and try to nurse her to sleep last night I threw in a book to the mix idk if it helped or not I'm going to keep doing it though.

Sounds like a lot of us are going through sleep regression hell right now..hope it ends soon and our Los go back to sleeping like angels!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->