Your Bumps

Nikkilewis14 - That's a great start to a bump!

THank you!!! I kind of thought I had nothing, but then people started to come up to me and say.. OOOO i see a belllllu and its harrrdd!! (They would rub it and im like.. hey now!!) hahaha

I'm always so jealous of you ladies who get such obvious baby bumps, even when they're just little. If this is like my last baby, I'll just start to look fat and it won't even look vaguely like a baby bump until 3rd tri.

Be glad you have tight muscles!! lol.. I have more upper abs .. not lower abs so I think thats why.. from looking at ur pics, u def are in shape!! and its amazing that u have kids already and look like that! I would be in heaven. I have no idea how my body is goin to bounce back after my first... eek!!

We women are so funny... if we "bump" or show early often times we freak out "OMG, how big am I going to get, isn't it too soon, etc!" If we "bump" late, we are jealous of women who bump early!

Gotta love standards put on women and how, no matter what we are, we can't seem to be just accepting of it in that moment.

I feel like I am already showing, my DH says not so much, I am sure much of that is bloat and I am overweight anyhow, but I definitely notice changes in how I feel, how I look, and how my pants fit. I've been freaking out about how early all these changes are happening, and then I look at my little tiny baby's ultrasound picture and it is suddenly fine... if I show early and get huge.. if I show late and barely grow... in the end all that matters is I have a healthy baby (hopefully) and I am a Mommy!

(Not saying this to "lecture" anyone, reading this just got me to thinking. I have a history of anorexia/bulimia and so am very in tune (and get very upset about) all the standards/crap that women feel they have to live up to... especially the things that have managed to morph over into pregnancy. I don't know when it became "she is so awesome, she is 9 months pregnant and didn't change hardly at all!")

Done now! Please don't take offense to my post.

Hi amy i too actually suffered with diabulimia for many years and the thought still haunts me after i have baby to lose the weight to do it again( its when diabetics dont take insulin to lose weight) .... I am not even close to being overweight but i somehow managed to get into doing it for many many years... I got married and we were talking about children and i know ifi continued to do it, i wouldnt be able to... So for a year i started to take care of myself and surprisingly didnt gain that much weight. I was happy with myself.. We tried for a baby and within 3-4 months i was preggo... Ive been doing everything oerfectly since we found out and i coukdnt be happier... When the thought or resorting back to that creeps up in my head i always tell myself i could lost the weight without starving myself and taking care of myself.. My baby is going to need me around for a long time! In all honesty, im very confident i will not doit again...

Sometimes i feel i dipont deserve baby bc of what i did to myself for so long and theres so many healthy ppl who would never do that and still cant get pregnant... Im trying to acceot the fact that its more of a mental disorder than anything ....

So bring on the weight! Bring on the belly! I cant wait!

Hi amy i too actually suffered with diabulimia for many years and the thought still haunts me after i have baby to lose the weight to do it again( its when diabetics dont take insulin to lose weight) .... I am not even close to being overweight but i somehow managed to get into doing it for many many years... I got married and we were talking about children and i know ifi continued to do it, i wouldnt be able to... So for a year i started to take care of myself and surprisingly didnt gain that much weight. I was happy with myself.. We tried for a baby and within 3-4 months i was preggo... Ive been doing everything oerfectly since we found out and i coukdnt be happier... When the thought or resorting back to that creeps up in my head i always tell myself i could lost the weight without starving myself and taking care of myself.. My baby is going to need me around for a long time! In all honesty, im very confident i will not doit again...

Sometimes i feel i dipont deserve baby bc of what i did to myself for so long and theres so many healthy ppl who would never do that and still cant get pregnant... Im trying to acceot the fact that its more of a mental disorder than anything ....

So bring on the weight! Bring on the belly! I cant wait!

I also worry about the weight gain. I am naturally a bigger person, although at my sickest I was very very underweight. I have been in a good/strong recovery for about 5-7 years now and don't worry about having issues while I am pregnant so much as after I deliver. I, too, hope that I can manage to lose the weight in a healthy way so that I can be there for my son/daughter and not be a Mommy consumed with an eating disorder.

I am glad you are doing well and thanks for sharing your story with me.

10 weeks today. Doesn't look any different. Definitely smaller. :/

Attachments

• 2012-07-23 16.40.43.jpg
    2012-07-23 16.40.43.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 44
I think I see a bump forming... :)

https://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc485/SweetPea0903/Baby%20on%20the%20Way/9weeks-1.jpg

i took these sunday the 22nd but didnt upload till today!! :)
starting to be able to tell im pregnant and not have ppl ask ! LOL
:thumbup:

Attachments

• 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 23
Wow. Your bumps are all looking great!

I was so confused by your picture at first because it's upsidedown. I want to thank you for posting a bare baby bump with stretch marks. Your belly looks just like mine and I was beginning to wonder if everyone else out there was lucky enough to be stretch mark free except for me. All I had seen up until your post were mark free tummies. Thanks for sharing!

I was so confused by your picture at first because it's upsidedown. I want to thank you for posting a bare baby bump with stretch marks. Your belly looks just like mine and I was beginning to wonder if everyone else out there was lucky enough to be stretch mark free except for me. All I had seen up until your post were mark free tummies. Thanks for sharing!

I just noticed it was upsidedown too. :haha:
I got them awful with my son. I barely like showing my belly because of them but DH says otherwise. I wondered too if anyone had extreme stretch marks like me. :) Glad to know I am not the only one!

very nice bumps coming along here! I may or may not post another in the next few days... maybe one on thursday when we have our next ob appt.:flower:

Awww, so cute!! I honestly don't have much to show, I just look chubby! I've gained a couple inches on my belly, chest, hips, each leg, even my wrists. Yes, I'm sure you can tell by that I am a bit obsessive about measuring. Weight has been a really big struggle for me all my life as I was raised with a mother with poor self esteem who constantly put herself down and made "fat" comments. I'm so afraid of passing that onto my child so I am going to be extra aware of what I say outloud!

Which brings me to my point for posting - thank you to the ladies who shared that they struggle with ED, it makes me feel like less of a bad person for struggling with all of this during pregnancy. I would love to say "who cares!" and just gain whatever, but I'll be honest... each pound is a challenge. And I'm by no means tiny, I'd say middle size, now on the upwards side of that as I've been lazy and snacking a lot, heehee. I'm trying to keep my head on straight though!

And I'm hoping I'll have a real bump picture to put up soon! :D

https://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7pnkwGNam1qze8wmo1_500.jpg

Packing on the lbs! My tattoo is gonna get annihilated!

aww adorable! oh your poor tattoo!! lol!! its gona look like a blown up xmas ornament when ur 9months!

aww adorable! oh your poor tattoo!! lol!! its gona look like a blown up xmas ornament when ur 9months!

And by the time I've popped this baby out it's gonna look more like a weeping willow than a blossom tree! :laugh2: :shy:

This was 7+5
And today, 11 weeks, think its grown a little? xx

Attachments

• 7 wk.jpg
    7 wk.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 16
  • bmp 003.jpg
    bmp 003.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 24

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts