Your child's day A mothers point of view please

Aidan's Mummy

Mummy to Aidan and Oliver
Reaction score
How would you feel if your child went to nursery and was their day. I'm doing it for coursework and i just thought it would be interesting to get views from mums8 am
Child gets dropped off. Parent discusses any issues that may have had during the night. For example the child may have been unwell over night and the practitioner will need to keep a close eye on him/her to look for any signs of their condition getting worse. They may also need to treat the child’s illness; this may include any medicines that need to be taken. Parent will then need to fill out a form to say how much the child will to be taken and when etc. Once the parent leaves some children may find it hard to settle and the practitioners will need to try and distract him/her and calm them down. Change the nappy and apply cream if the parent has requested it or if the child is sore.

8:30 AM
Practitioners provide seating for child to have breakfast. See menu. When child has finished eating breakfast then practitioners provide drink in Sippy cup or bottle. When child has finished leave them in seating to let the food settle.

9:00-10.00 free play this would form child’s independence and give them the opportunity to play with what they chose. This could include them playing outside.

Snack time (see menu)

This is a planned activity. According the EYFS page 110 age 8-20 months children at the age of 1 should be “Explore and experiment with a range of media using the whole body”. An activity I am going to do around this is putting a large piece of paper on the floor. All the children can then take their shoes and socks off. There will sheeting on the floor to protect it and paints along the side of the room in trays. The children can then put their hands and feet in the paint and transfer it onto the paper. This is a group activity so not only will the children be using their bodies to decorate things but they will also be with other children which in effect could help develop their social skills.

Tidy up time

Prepare for lunch. Sort the seating out and take a bowl of warm soapy water so and paper towels so the children can wash their hands. Seat all the children and make sure they are secure and safe within the baby seat. But bibs on all the children and make sure they are all ok. Give all the children a drink

12.00- 12.45
Lunch (See menu)

Clean lunch up, make sure all children have finished and put the lunch things away. Change nappies.

1.00-2.30
Activity. According to the EYFS on page 103 children aged 1 year should be able to “Enjoy the sensory experience of making marks in damp sand, paste or paint”. For the activity I could set out a set of trays with different textures and materials in them. Box one = wet sand, box two= spaghetti, box three= rice. Children can have fun feeling all the objects and exploring their textures.

Mid-Afternoon snack (see menu)

3.00- 4.00
Playing outside if it is hot weather children will have to have sun cream on and hats and if raining they can still go outside but stay under the canopy if they wish to.

3.30-4:00
Get all the children ready to have dinner. Get seats ready and make sure all the children are in them securely. But bibs on and give the children drinks

Tea (See menu)

4.45- Free choice and nappy changes

5.30- Child will get picked up
(Children will have nappies checked regularly as it is important to ensure children are comfortable and clean. Children can also have a nap anytime throughout the day.)

bits i changed after review

9.00-10.00
Free choice. Children should always have access to outside play. A staff member could be outside so children have the option to go out. Inside children will have the choice between sand, water, painting, drawing and toys that are within the setting e.g. dolls.

3.00-4.00
Activity. The EYFS states on page 24 at 1 year “Children become aware of themselves and that they are separate to others” To promote this I am going to place small hand held mirrors around the room and encourage the children to play with them. This way the children can look at themselves and begin to explore what they are seeing in the mirror.

Looks good to me! What sort of age are these children this plan is for? Should it maybe include a nap or quiet time?

Its for a 1 year old. In a nursery we dont have set nap times unless requested by parents. We just go with when the children are tired. We try and have a child centred approach :D
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->