Your family traditions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby France

Me and my amazing babies!
Reaction score
I can't wait for Christmas and it got me thinking about what I'm looking forward to. When I was growing up, every year we would have things that was a must on Christmas day.

For example... My mums;

1). Always had talcum powder in the shape of Father Christmas's boots in the hallway
2). Mince pie & sherry on mantle piece
3). My mum would separate all of our presents into piles (5 girls so we'd probably knock the tree over otherwise) and we all get to our pile before opening.
4). On a 'small' present my mum would write on the tag 'go look in the porch' or 'vase in front room' and off we'd all run to the place, pick up our most main present and bring it back to main room to open in front of sisters (we'd all watch that one sister open that present)
5). Always have to have a bacon and egg barm
ETA 6). Bloody singing Father Christmas at the bottom of the stairs that is motion sensored!!

At my dads;

1). We couldn't open any presents until our grandparents arrived
2). We all sit and split the presents together before we opened
3). ANOTHER bacon and egg barm!

Ours will change soon when our LO's get older and we start our own but what are your family traditions?

the youngest (me!! until i had kids) was helped to give everyone their gifts from under the tree.

apart from that nothing i can think of.

i have started having a magical elf come and stay with us over dec, which i hope to carry on for many years, and wpould like to think my boys will do it when they leave home and have kids.

uhm basically we would always wake up (me and my brothers) at about 5am to open our sack and we'd all gather in one room and open it and wait for our parents to wake up so we could go down and open our big pressies but we always had to wait for them to wake up and im sure they were awake half of the time hehe.

When we were alot younger we did have separate piles and all used to do our own thing and open our own presents and then as we got a bit older my mum just put them all in one pile and we always just dive in and pick out what is ours and give eachother presents if we find them with our names on them and me and my older brothers would ALWAYS comment on how many more presents my little brother had (obv his were alot cheaper as he's younger) hehe.

then at about 1-2pm we'd have a huge roast dinner and then do whatever :D
xxx

We always open presents from santa 1st and then open presents from everyone else after dinner. Someone gets picked to be santa and hand out presents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"