Your friends/family with families...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby France

Me and my amazing babies!
Reaction score
I'm one of five children.

I have two children, as does my eldest sister. But the rest of my sisters don't have any.

I've a few best friends, only one that we exchange presents with has a baby.

OH is one of three, but he only has one brother with a child.

For the ones in our family/friends with children, we only actually buy for the child(ren) and not for the adult. We also expect the same in return i.e. please don't buy for us, buy for the kids.

Does that same rule apply to you or do you get gifts for everyone or gifts for just the adults?

In our family we buy for everyone but once you have kids you only get a small present then we spend whatever the usual amount is on the kids.
But easter for example, you get choc eggs until you have kids then just the kids x

We buy for everyone and me and oh still receive but I honestly wouldn't care if I didn't Aslong as the kids got a token gift.

We just buy pressies for the children and usually do a secret Santa amongst the adults.

We just buy they children. i used to get loads of presents off my aunts til Lo came along, now he gets them all lol. I think i get more excited about LOs presents than my own anyways lol. My parents and grandparents still get me though and Ohs parents

I buy for both adults and children in my family but for friends we only buy for children. TBH I would prefer it this way for family too, we do keep saying that we are going to change it to only children.

In my family I have 3 sisters and 1 brother, all of my sisters have children so we all just buy for the children :) My brother never expects anything as he knows we are short of money, he gets spoilt by our mum anyway! lol I never expect anything, we might sometimes buy a small gift for each other but only if we can afford it!

We just buy for the children... however i still buy my mum a present and my younger brothers who do not have children and my husband buys for his mum and dad and stepmum....all his brothers and sisters have kids apart from one of his brothers which he still buys something for .........so i guess minus parents.......... if you have kids they get a gift if they dont we still buy a gift for them :wacko:

We only buy for the kids and tbh I wouldnt have it any other way, Christmas is for the kids, I had my time with tons of pressies and now its my kiddies turn :) x

I buy presents for everyone, parents and children etc - however my aunt and uncle told my sisters when my nephews were born, that they would only be buying a present for the kids, and not for them any more, and when Bella was born they said we will either buy you a present, or buy bella a present, so I just said get bella something.

though to be honest it's getting a little over whelming since my sister has 3 sons now and my other sister has just had a daughter - argh!! Lol

I get presents off my parents and grandparents, but I wouldn't mind just them getting for the kids.

I prefer to do kids otherwise it gets so expensive, we do this on oh's side but not mine. My family ends up costing us loads as there are my parents, my little brother and sister and this year my parents are guardians to twin girls so I couldn't leave them out.
It is a bit annoying though when someone suddenly decides they don't want to exchange adult gifts when you have already brought theirs.

We buy for my mum, sisters, nephew, FIL and DH's grandparents. My mum and sisters buy for me and the kids (my mum usually asks what I want, sometimes its something for me and DH, this year we got a charm bracelet :rofl:) FIL and GPIL give the children money.

We buy for adults but it's something very small And then we spend more on the lo's

Ours is a mixture we buy for our parents, my great uncle and an aunt who has no kids so has spent years spoiling us.

We don't buy for my siblings, just their kids.

We mainly buy for the children,but the older ones normally get a little something too:flower:Bigger presents for the kids though

I buy for everybody and this year they decided not to buy for me so i think its going to change now. I will get them a small present in return from Erin but nothing like i used to. I understand totally in big families but there are only 5 on my mums side of the family (the ones that dont buy anymore) in total so i was a bit put out if im honest :blush: , mostly because everybody was invited for christmas and we weren't!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"