Your friends/family with families...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now all my brothers have kids, we just buy for those & my parents but OH's sister doesn't have kids so we have to buy something for her, her partner and his mum & dad! If/when she has kids though we'll only buy for the child, not her & her partner.

Its quite interesting to see how other families work it. My eldest sister wasn't happy when I told her that I wasn't buying for her and her OH just the kids.

We've spent years buying for each other and OH's that now we've got the kids, I'd rather set the precident now. I don't want to have to buy for 'whole' families when I'd rather just buy for the kids.

OH's family have the same rule, to buy for the children and not the adults however we always buy the adults something little like a box of chocolates.

The same with my friends, I will only buy for the kiddies. It's only this year that I made a little hamper for them both and also bought the children.

I suppose when all my sisters have children I may do a family hamper?

Like put in a dvd that they can all watch, chocolates and little bits like that? But I think that they'd rather the kids still have there own special present!

my two are the only children in the family so i buy the adults and a small gift from the children :) My friend has a son and i bought him then bought his mum (kids godmother) a manicure set and a bracelet.

At one point it was getting silly i was buying a friends sister children even though i never really saw them!
With my friend buying the kids i dont expect anything for us but a few friends did and got us a box of roses ect x

I'm an only child so I just buy for my parents. Next year they'll get presents off Isaac too.

OH has a sister who has two children. So whatever he spends on Sis, BIL, Niece and Nephew he spends the extra money on me so he basically pays out double for presents! It was his idea to do that!

If it was up to me I'd just buy for the children. We've had our turn when we was kids, it's now their turn :)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"