Your top Tantrum tips ?

MyLittleCutey

Reaction score
I have been compiling a list of all the top strategies for dealing with tantrums, how to prevent them, and how to cope once your little cutey is in full tantrum mode ;)

Can you share your tips below :) ?

Ignore it

calmly remove child when in public, above all do not let the child think it bothers you in any way.

Later when they want to do something 'big girl or big boy', tell them kids who cry and throw fits do not get to do xxx...

be consistent.

Yea distraction when you see it comin on, if your outside point to something and make a big fuss of it,indoors ask them if they want to play with something different, usually my lil boy forgets what he was crying about in the first place.

But if theat doesn't work and they go into full on tantrum the best thing is ignore it, like Margele said, even if they embaressing you in the middle of shopping by lying down in the middle of a shop!!
Just stand next to them and don't look at them, well except out of the corner of your eye to make sure they don't leg it , eventually they will stand up and play ball, But beware for this method you might get a few people looking and thinking your child is the worst behaved one in the world!! x

I've heard that one of the best ways is to throw a tantrum right back at them lol

Dont stand for it from day one they start it,tell them that having tantrums is not a good way to get your attention etc and that you wont stand for it.Also when you mean something make sure they know you mean it and stick to it etc.
My youngest stepson has only had about 2 tantrums with me when he was just 2 and never any since. To this day he still has them with his mum on access days and he is 5 :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->