• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

★ October & November 2020 Hedgehogs ★

How many of you will be finding out the sex?? X

As soon as possible! Maybe at the 12 week scan (accuracy is supposed to be 99% by then) but latest at the 16 week scan. However, we’ll tell the doc to write the gender on a piece of paper and have them put it into an envelope, as we would like to have a verrrry small gender reveal party (more like BBQ party on our terrace + gender reveal at the end) with a few of our friends and colleagues!

It sucks that so many of you have to wait so long for your first ultrasound-- I think I couldn’t wait that long and would likely book a private scan somewhere!

Hi everyone, think I'm going to hop on in, now that I've got this beautiful test at 4+6 (20DPO). I think I can put down the tests now and hope for the best.

20200228-083742

Last Friday I got a 1-2 so was not really expecting it!

Have a scan on Thursday next week at 5+5 just as I'd been in earlier this week after lowish progesterone and some spotting (which I've since concluded was implantation bleeding as it was on the days I was due my period). I semi forced them to give me progesterone as I have had a few early losses over the last year and my LP is on the slightly shorter side of 10/11 days.

This will be my 4th and likely my last so I'm going to savour every moment!

Btw heart rate was 176 bpm at my 8w+2 ultrasound! Forgot to check before! From what I've read that's a really good heartbeat for that stage.

Also, my due date moved up to 3rd of October rather than the 6th.

I was feeling pretty good yesterday and this morning I woke up to realize my boobs weren't sore at all anymore. Am wondering if it's my placenta slowly taking over, hence the lack of symptoms. Does anyone know if the placenta can start taking over at 9 weeks (am 8w+6 today)?

Hi everyone, think I'm going to hop on in, now that I've got this beautiful test at 4+6 (20DPO). I think I can put down the tests now and hope for the best.

20200228-083742

Last Friday I got a 1-2 so was not really expecting it!

Have a scan on Thursday next week at 5+5 just as I'd been in earlier this week after lowish progesterone and some spotting (which I've since concluded was implantation bleeding as it was on the days I was due my period). I semi forced them to give me progesterone as I have had a few early losses over the last year and my LP is on the slightly shorter side of 10/11 days.

This will be my 4th and likely my last so I'm going to savour every moment!
Congratulations and welcome! We are just 3 days apart; I’m 4w3d today :)

Btw heart rate was 176 bpm at my 8w+2 ultrasound! Forgot to check before! From what I've read that's a really good heartbeat for that stage.

Also, my due date moved up to 3rd of October rather than the 6th.

I was feeling pretty good yesterday and this morning I woke up to realize my boobs weren't sore at all anymore. Am wondering if it's my placenta slowly taking over, hence the lack of symptoms. Does anyone know if the placenta can start taking over at 9 weeks (am 8w+6 today)?
Good heartbeat! You know there is a theory that such a fast heartbeat means girl :lol:;) let’s see!
With my previous ivf I had to take progesterone supplements until 10 weeks and then apparently the placenta has formed enough to take over progesterone production. (This time I have to take it for just over 10 weeks). So it might be with your changing progesterone and hcg levels that that is how your body reacts?

I had a personal trainer session this morning; as I gained a lot of weight last time and struggled to get it off, I need to stay in better shape this time. And more importantly- I got a hemorrhaged L4/5 disk last year in November so I need to get my core strong so that my back can handle a growing belly. With school and extra-curriculars & DH working late (no babysitter) I might only be able to go to gym max 4 times a week... two of those days on the weekend ](*,) but I will have to force myself :roll:

Welcome Fein :hi: Happy to have new people join!

Pineberry - I'm not sure when the placenta takes over fully (by 12ish weeks I think). But I do recall my nausea was completely gone by 8ish weeks with both my other pregnancies. 5-7 weeks was the worst for nausea for me.

Fern - Good on you for keeping up with exercise. I am so wiped by the end of the day I can't even muster up the energy to do my crafts (I love to crochet in the evenings for fun), I just sit and watch TV.

So I had my GP visit yesterday. Things have changes since my last pregnancy 6 years ago. They now do early dating scans... so I'll get to see baby around 7-9 weeks!! So excited. Unfortunately I have to drive an hour away as our town's hospital is 2-3 months wait for ultrasounds.

And yes, we will find out the gender. We found out with my 1st pregnancy but my 2nd was a surprise... I honestly prefer to know, I felt like the bonding with the baby was easier. Also, I spent the first week with my daughter calling her 'buddy' out of habit! Would have been easier to know she was a girl before she was born but DH really wanted a surprise. This time is probably our last baby so I'd love to know.... we won't find out until 20 week scan though.

Welcome Fein!

Pineberry - so currently, I had a "natural" cycle and I'm to take progesterone through week 10 and stop this time. With my past FET cycles, I did hormone replacement therapy (so my body wasn't making its own progesterone or estrogen) and I was to take estrogen through week 10 and progesterone through week 12. Hope that helps!

Yay Joanna! Traveling an hour a way doesn't seem like too much to be able to see your little bub that early!

Already know the gender. Am secretly hoping it's a girl and we all will be super surprised that the scientists were wrong, but I know better lol.

I will be finding out too because so desperate for this one to be a boy!!

Nausea and diarrhoea have taken over completely and I'm hating first trimester!! When is the second again? I always forget lol x

There's debate as to whether the second trimester starts at 12 weeks, 13 weeks or 14 weeks. I would go with 13 weeks to be safe.

I had a shooting pain just above the right side of my belly button this morning. It was so sharp I had to stop in my tracks. It went away as suddenly as it came but it was scary! I'm 6 weeks today. This is my dreaded week as I've never actually made it passed week 6 (my last MC measured at 6 weeks at our 9 week scan). Anyone have experience with sudden, sharp, shooting pains and everything turned out just fine?

There's debate as to whether the second trimester starts at 12 weeks, 13 weeks or 14 weeks. I would go with 13 weeks to be safe.

I had a shooting pain just above the right side of my belly button this morning. It was so sharp I had to stop in my tracks. It went away as suddenly as it came but it was scary! I'm 6 weeks today. This is my dreaded week as I've never actually made it passed week 6 (my last MC measured at 6 weeks at our 9 week scan). Anyone have experience with sudden, sharp, shooting pains and everything turned out just fine?
Aaawww hun I can imagine you’re so stressed. Just 2 more weeks till your scan x I keep feeling what feels like round ligament pains lower left and right if I sneeze. So I’ve been having a few of those sharp pains. From what I can remember I had it last time and all turned out fine. Pain above your bellybutton sounds unrelated to your uterus hopefully!

I have had sharp pain in my belly button area quite a few times in my early weeks and I also did wonder back then what it could mean! I doubt it is anything to worry about :)

@Fern81 Ha insteresting theory about faster heartbeat meaning girl! Though I have a hard time believing old wives tales :lol: in the last few days I have actually felt like it is a girl, unlike the first few weeks where I was leaning toward boy. Long before starting TTC, I always felt like our first baby would be a girl. We will see if I was correct!

I actually came across another theory- one thats supposed be 97% accurate lol. The "Ramzi" method. Appearently, depending on if your placenta is located on the left or on the right side of the gestational sac on an early pregnancy ultrasound (6-8 weeks), you will be able to tell, with high accuracy, if the embryo is a boy or a girl (if placenta is on the left, its a girl and if its on the right, its a boy).

The hard part is determining with certainty where the placenta is located.. I have definitely analysed my US pic a lot lately trying to tell which side it is hahah

Foster-I have had a lot of pains with all my pregnancies some that have had me in hospital they were so bad i was convinced i was having a miscarriage even tho there was no blood. I can't understand how you must be feeling but I'm praying for you and this bean to stick xxxx

Hi ladies! I thought I already posted here.. but going through the pages it appears that I have not. I received a faint positive on 2/22 at 11-12dpo with FMU. Then when I got home on 2/23 at 11:45p I received the bfp in the photo. By my calculations I should be due November 2 but my last two live births were 5 days early. We lost a baby last October at 9+4 so I'm very nervous but hopeful for this one.

IMG_20200223_232730__01.jpg

Welcome EmmaVH! I totally get your nervousness, as I've now lost three embryos and two pregnancies (one embryo didn't take), in a row. I'm terrified, but I am hopeful all will work out and wishing you much joy and health over the next 9 months!

Welcome @EmmaVH ! We are due one day apart! My ds was also about 2 weeks early last time so I’m expecting an October baby probably.

Haha @Pineberry I don’t believe in old wives tales- but it is interesting if some of them come true :). As for Ramzi- I kept asking my doctors where ds’s placenta was but he was smack bang centre so that didn’t help! (Ivf embryos get placed centrally in the tip of the uterus and most often don’t move much before implanting.) But we could definitely see it was a boy at the 12 week u/s!

Hey ladies. Hope you’re all doing well. I’m up and down, been having a Crohn’s flare which scares the life out of me as I’m so afraid baby won’t survive a flare.
I also feel like my pregnancy symptoms have subsided a lot. I’ll be 8 weeks Tuesday and have a scan Wednesday morning but I’m petrified to go to it.

Totally missed your post at first, but welcome @fein _but_wai!! :) Do you know when you are due? So I can add you to the list \\:D/

Welcome @EmmaVH!! :haha:

Fitz - Ugh, that is so stressful :( Im praying all will be fine with bub, and that you´ll feel better soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->