1 DPO, who wants to obsess with me???

well it certainly puts me in my place for when I wanna complain about taking so long to conceive....I cant imagine going that long with nothing. im so sorry you have to go through that. but you know what...you shouldn't be too scared of the IVF. you could get super lucky and get twins or triplets and would have all been worth the wait

Wow, congrats Krissie! How long were you TTC this time around? What supplements or aids were you using, if any?

Laydee - Wow, 5.5 years... DH and I are going on 2 years, but I've had BFPs before. I really hope you get yours soon!

Wow, congrats Krissie! How long were you TTC this time around? What supplements or aids were you using, if any?

We have been ntnp/ttc since November 2014. I had a chemical in Feb and took March/April off where we actively prevented. I was going to start clomid this cycle but decided against it. I took lydia pinkham which contains black cohosh until I ovulated on CD 12.

Wow so you started one month later than I did! Quick, rub some of your good luck off on me! lol

Wow so you started one month later than I did! Quick, rub some of your good luck off on me! lol

:dust:

I hope you get your bfp soon!!

I was ltttc with ds. It is so hard and emotionally draining. This time around has been draining too but at least we had a plan which seemed to help some days.

Krissie - It is. And I have two sisters, and every single one of their kids are unplanned/accidental pregnancies. The middle sister has 4 kids and my youngest has 1. Both of them were pregnant right out of high school.

But they are constantly saying things to me like, "Well, I'm a Mom, so [excuse excuse excuse]." And then I get saddled with whatever task it was that they didn't feel like doing. As if being a mom exempts them from any kind of work. And me NOT being a Mom means I'm less of a human being than they are. On Mother's Day they were nearly intolerable!

It gets really hard being around THAT sort of environment! Sometimes these forums are the only thing keeping me sane! lol

Oh hun that is awful!! :hugs: That is really selfish of them. Hopefully someday soon you will have an infant and can use it back at them. Because lets face it infants are far more work than children.

My sister and I had a baby within months of each other. Hers was within months of getting married. Thankfully it has really helped us bond as we weren't close before.

All my fiends though had kids right out of high school and it was so hard. We were ltttc for over 8 years. Eventually the questions stopped about when we were going to have one and it got more tolerable.

It's awesome that you and your sister were able to become closer. :) I have always been the black sheep because I'm a bookworm, gamer, artsy sort and my two sisters are polar opposites of me.

My middle sister has actually said things like, "Just because she reads books doesn't mean she knows more than me!" when I've offered my opinion on a subject that I actually knew quite a bit about. :huh:

We just tell the fam that DH and I are working to pay off bills, get in shape, and get our lives ready for a baby before we have one. Only my mom knows about the MC and the CPs.

She gave me a gift this mother's day, since that would have been my first if not for the MC! She put a card with it that said it was from my "fur babies", my pets, and I was all :cry: over it and couldn't tell the others why. lol

That was so sweet of you mom!! Mother's day is definitely hard.

I am a total nerdy bookworm too. My sister was a mean girl. So we never really got along until her son was born. He was premature and I think she really needed the support during his early days. Now him and my ds are best buds, or good enemies!! Either way its been nice. Her husband is a typical outdoors hunting and fishing, sports loving guy and my dh is a gamer nerd and so outside of park dates and visits to nanas we don't do much.

Bookworms unite! ^^

DH is the same way. Computer nerd, gamer, diehard Star Trek fan.

My middle sister's boyfriend is a construction worker with about as much brains as a sack full of hammers, didn't pass 7th grade, can barely read at a 1st grade level... and my youngest sister's BF is a real piece of work.. both men are drug users, too. Real winners.

DH and I get snide comments directed at us all the time. We own our home, have working vehicles, good jobs, etc. and they make rude comments about having money and college educations. It's so backwards! Why do you belittle people who are trying to make something of themselves? I get so irritated.

ANYWAY.

Who's your favorite author? What's your favorite genre? I love fantasy novels, especially if it's medieval fantasy. :) My favorite author is Mercedes Lackey, whom I actually got to meet a few years back! :)

Right now I am loving Jim Butcher's work. He has some science fiction/fantasy stuff. However, he also has a steampunk series starting and I just cannot get enough!!

I love science fiction/fantasy kinda futuristic stuff. I also get into some paranormal stuff as well.

I love Star Trek!! My dh introduced me to it after we were married and I have watched most of the series on Netflix.

What is your favorite series by Mercedes Lackey? I have never read her stuff but a quick glance looks like something I could easily get into.

My all time favorite author would probably have to Orson Scott Card. Ender's game (before it was a movie) is probably my favorite book.

Lackey's "Heralds of Valdemar" series is what got me hooked on her stuff. She also has an "Elemental Masters" series which is set in Edwardian Europe that I really like. AND she does a series of fairy tale remakes, where she re-tells the same stories but with magical/fantasy elements beyond the sort of sparkle Disney throws in, and -- aw, hell-- I like pretty much everything she's written. lol!

But the Heralds of Valdemar series is where I started and I'm still hooked on it! It's easy reading, the characters are well built, and (most) of the novels really got me sucked right in!

I'd recommend starting with the 'Arrows' trilogy, which is: Arrow's Flight, Arrow's Fall, and Arrows of the Queen. That trilogy basically explains just about everything you'd need to know about Valdemar from the perspective of a child who was raised outside of it. Good starting point.

Have you read the Dragonriders of Pern series? McCaffrey does a really good job mixing Sci-Fi with a sort of Fantasy element. I really like those, too...

Then there's Stephen Lawhead who does a really good re-telling of the Robin Hood stories. He researched into their origins and discovered the most likely locations for "Sherwood forest" and the origins of the name Robin Hood, and used those to create a whole new perspective on that character and his adventures. It's much more gritty, and outlines a series of real problems and obstacles that the main character has to overcome, as opposed to the romanticized stories most people do.

He does the same with the Arthurian legends, too, and I also love those...!

Thanks for all the great ideas!! Hopefully I can knock out a few this summer. Tomorrow is my last day of work for 10 weeks!! WOop!

I have not read any of the Dragonriders of Pern but they have been on my to read list for awhile.

Well! Check out half.com and thriftbooks.com so you can pick all these up for super cheap! haha

I haven't used half.com for a long time!! I was buying my undergrad books from them.

I recently learned about Thriftbooks and I'm always comparing prices between the two. Haha

Thrifbooks offers free shipping a lot of the time, so between half.com and that site, I usually see which one can offer me the cheapest rates with shipping included, and go with the lower-priced option.

I think there's maybe ONE used book store near me, and "near" is a relative term, so I figure... I can spend gas driving across town to a book store that might not have the books I want, or I can order books and have 'em shipped here for free. lol!

That is great!! I love good deals, especially one books. I have a couple different places around me but the lack of organization drives me batty. Sometimes I like going to hastings when they have really good sales like 3 used books for $10.

My dh is building built in bookshelves in our basement. I cannot wait to fill them up with more books. I would say we have enough books to fill them about half way. So lots and lots of room.

Empty book shelves just means you have to buy more books, of course! Haha

Only downside is that if you ever move houses, they're such a pain to pack and haul! Ugh.

Yes they are! We have moved 10 times and lugging my books each time has sucked. But now we are finally in a good spot, we bought this house and don't plan to leave any time soon.

well yall lost me on all the gamer/star trek stuff. I do love books but I like to cry haha...I love anything Nicholas sparks and im obsessed with the twilight series and any old WW2 Non Fiction books.

but anywho...aside from all that I just have to say jami what your mom did with the whole gift card thing literally made me cry a tear!!! that was so sweet

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->