18 Days post D&C with Positive test....pregnant? or cruel joke?

MommyNikki

Expecting after MMC
Reaction score
I haven't felt myself the past couple days, even to the point where I threw up (kind of like morning sickness sick). I don't seem to have a problem getting pregnant, I am very fertile (I had 2 babies back to back) but my third pregnancy ended up being non-viable and I had to have a D&C on 9/21. Today, 18 days later I have a positive preg test...Im very confused as to whether I was able to conceive again or if I still have left over hormones from my failed pregnancy.

Does anyone know how long after a D&C that a home preg stick could pick up pregnant hcg levels?

I am trying not to be hopeful---but it has really lifted my spirits thinking that I could be pregnant again.

Its too late to try to get a blood test from the doctor today, I will tomorrow,....any thoughts?????:sadangel:

I think it's likely that your levels aren't down yet. It can sometimes take weeks. Did you get your Betas tested at the time of the D&C?

I agree with pbl, I think your levels still may be up. Get in touch with your doc tomorrow just incase x

I still have very very faint line on my test today and its been 3 weeks

I think it's likely that your levels aren't down yet. It can sometimes take weeks. Did you get your Betas tested at the time of the D&C?

No I didnt. I had a D&C with suction but was never told my levels and was not scheduled for a follow up until sometime in November, so I never had any blood work afterwards.

Its possible to be pregnant again. If you were further along though and your level were already in the thousands then it could be that there still up from the miscarriage in 2 days my level dopped 15 points but i was miscarrying naturally to so i dont know if it makes a difference or not. Im hoping the best for you it would be nice to see someone pregnant before another cycle starts its honestly what i hope happens for me but im scared ill miscarry again

Its possible to be pregnant again. If you were further along though and your level were already in the thousands then it could be that there still up from the miscarriage in 2 days my level dopped 15 points but i was miscarrying naturally to so i dont know if it makes a difference or not. Im hoping the best for you it would be nice to see someone pregnant before another cycle starts its honestly what i hope happens for me but im scared ill miscarry again

Thanks, I am hoping that I am, as well. I know that this pregnancy will be a lot different than my others. I have the same fears as you. Im pretty sure that I will be worried the entire time of something going wrong.

Im sorry for your loss because I know it has been extremely difficult for me and I have not had much help or relief or even anyone to talk to who would know what I was going through except for these forums.

I wish you the best when you TTC again!:flower:

I still have very very faint line on my test today and its been 3 weeks

Mine turned dark, does that make a difference with the clearity of the line or no?

Also, Did you have a D&C or were you natural?

I am getting blood work today, I am just hoping for the best, also hoping that starting again so soon wont provide a negative outcome

I had natural and my line is getting lighter and lighter and not really visable now unless you stare!

FX it is new pregnancy i wish you all the luck in the world XX

Do you have pics of the test so we can see the progression lines?

I had natural and my line is getting lighter and lighter and not really visable now unless you stare!

FX it is new pregnancy i wish you all the luck in the world XX

Do you have pics of the test so we can see the progression lines?

Do you mean a picture of the pregnancy test? I have only taken one since my MC (the one I took yesterday).

Yea, I will send once I get home... Ive been posting on here from work this a.m. (shhh! lol)

So heres the test. I went to compare it to the tests from my last pregnancy but they are missing...I had put them in a box that I keep a lot of important things but they aren't in there...

regardless here is the test I took yesterday (19 days post D&C)

https://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p270/bacartikitten/test.jpg

It seems very dark to still be leftover hcg in my opinion :) hope its real for you

Hi ladies, mommy that test looks very dark and promising, but you won't fully know unless you get a blood test done.

I had a D&C @ 12wks, it to maybe 15 days to exit my system. And then I finally got a neg. HPt. And then got pregnant that next month w/o having AF. But it wasn't viable so I m/c that one @ 4 1/2 wks, and that took maybe 2- 3 wks naturally to leave my system. It's def a roller, but I sure hope this its over for you so you can enjoy this blessing if it's a new pregnancy!! GL and Fingers Crossed for you!!

I got my blood work done today, It will be a series of 2, so they will give me my numbers tomorrow and then I will get blood work done again on thursday and compare numbers to see if it increases or decreases...

Wish Me Luck!!!

good luck hun!
im attaching a pic of my test from about 20 days post miscarriage so you can see how much darker yours is then mine, so it is promising but everyone is different. and i took one yesterday which was 3 weeks exactly and it is almost non-existent

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->