2 Under 2 Club!!! Join here! 2+under 2 welcome!

^ that is my indicator as well... :rofl:

I won't have that issue since we're converting so i can take my dear sweet time. I'm leavin skyler in his crib as long as he will stay in there without climbing out. So far so good he shows no interest in climbing out of the crib!

yeah, my mom gave me my nephews crib (which is brand new one yr ago because the previous one was a dropsided crib and those got outlawed in the US back in Jan)...in fact, all the pieces are upstairs as we speak :D so guess i need another sign haha...guess when he starts trying to jump out lol

I plan on leaving Abigail in her crib until she climbs out also. That will be a long time so I am going to enjoy it. And if I get too big well the dh is gonna have to work on his laying down skills. Seriously he takes the time to rock her and she'll be relaxed( still awake) and puts her down so hard it startles her wide awake and then she cries. Watching on the camera it looks like he tossed her in but he swears he was trying to lay her in gently and he just isn't good at it. :haha:

I agree the climbing out is a good sign, why mess with something that works!

If Skyler is tired and I stand him up in his crib then hand him his sleepy teddy he'll take it then drop right down to his knees and chest and cuddle in, it's super cute to see!

actually one sign for Jasmine was that she started not sleeping as well. I thought maybe she just wasnt comfortable in the crib with a hard mattress. So I moved her to a twin bed with a more comfortable mattress and pillow etc and she slept better.

Peyton already has been caught with his leg up on the rail.

And I refuse to buy a second crib LOL.... there is nothing wrong with it, I just can't justify it. Its much more economical to just move them to the bed they will use for a long time. I may have to buy another crib this time though because mine has been used for the past 4 years and I am not sure it will hold out more. LOL

ya I don't want to buy another crib either....especially when the one I bought was over $400!!

Holy cow Melissa!! :haha: I payed well under 2 for mine so buying another that converts also will be more worth it for us to keep Abigail in hers. But I see what you are saying. :)

I paid 300 for mine plus the matching changetable at a consignment store.

I paid 360 with coupons for mine and it was on sale so I'd like to get one for the same or less Preferably. I would totally do second hand but I would have to be able to get the conversion set with it. I have lots of time though. We may not buy the crib till the baby is born. It all depends on what's out there and what sales are on. I don't like most of the cribs at babiesrus now but if we have a girl I am thinking of maybe getting a white one. I think I will look for a second hand dresser as well the closet is only so big but then again a lot of stuff in there can be stored in the basement to make more room. Well see.

I may wait until toys r us has their trade in event and get a new one. I don't care about the conversion though as I just prefer them to go to a big bed

Kari baby things are much cheaper in the states!!! Well most consumer goods are haha

I figured at much. That is awful and so unfair!! If I were in your shoes I would be doing the same thing.

I moved my son out of his crib at 19 months (when my daughter was 1 month old) due to having my gallbladder removed and not being able to lift him in and out. It was rough for a couple of days, but it has worked well. He’s on a mattress on the floor in his room, so it wasn’t too bad when he rolled out from time to time. :p

yeah, we spent $120 on ours from walmart :blush: ...walmart prices arn't similar in CA? :shrug: Dont get me wrong, we REALLY had to shop around. Most ppl probably average $300 for just the crib (of course everyone wants the fancy pants cribs), but you can find them cheaper if you shop around....as for isaiah, he has been trying to pull himself up an use his feet to climb out (been doing that for months now) but thats not the same as my nephew...my nephew was actually able to climb up over and jump down...whereas isaiah def cannot climb over bc he is just too short at this point....i figure since i got another convertible bed for free (which does turn into a "regular bed") then im not gonna go through the hassle...i'll wait until its a safty factor or even easier (if it happens) that he WANTS to move to his big boy bed, and completly avoid a dramatic situation for a couple of nights lol.

I'm not buying a second crib either. Our crib was $300 :blush: my mom paid for the matching changing table. It was the only expensive item we purchased when I was pregnant with Connor.
Connor is getting a "big boy" bedroom set for Christmas, so we will move him out of the crib after the first of the year.

Kel Connor will be close to two then though which is how long I hoped to keep skyler in the crib.

The only time skyler tries to climb the crib is when I'm in there gearing up to pick him up so he'll put his arms around me and start trying to climb before I've actually lifted him so I'm not to worried.

Walmart cribs are 250+ here. So yeah the price is not the same. I'm just happy I'm not needing two cribs this time around :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->