• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2 Under 2 Club!!! Join here! 2+under 2 welcome!

Walmart prices are definitely not the same here! You can look at walmart.com vs. walmart.ca and there are huge differences. Plus we have sales tax.....which especially sucks for big purchases (13% added to the sales price)

oh ya, I WISH we had US walmart prices!!! My sister lives in st kits and drives across the border to the walmart there to grocery shop.

I did see a few cribs under $200 on the CA site....:shrug: but yes, in general, i see lots of items at the store and it will have the US price listed followed by the CA price. The CA price is always like $5 more (depending on the amount of the US price). Which is crazy! we do have sales tax here though, it varies state to state. Some have no sales tax, others have insanly high sales taxes like CA.
With that said, a lot of ppl here choose not to shop around and so they pay the same price as you guys do....if they have enough money for it, then hey, why the heck not, but if they are strapped for cash and not shopping around, then thats just stupid lol

A few under $200 on the Canadian site vs. 100 on the american site :haha:

haha there arn't THAT many lol but you have a good point...stuff is def more there!

Alberta only pays 5% tax which makes large purchases easier to bear.

^thats nice! i cant believe Ontario is 13% :shock: that is flipping nuts!...oh my, i could never imagine buying a car there! :shock: :shock:

No just boo to taxes! Alberta is a richer province cause of their oil riggs so they have no provincial tax, it's the one thing I will miss about AB when we move.

Well boo to taxes everywhere then!!! :haha: Where would you be moving to and when?

Well were actually hoping for the North West Territories for a 4 year posting then if we did that we'd get to go back home to NS which may be closer to you maybe?

It would be 1 day and 7 hours instead of 1 days and 11 hours. :haha: But maybe the flight would be cheaper??

haha who knows! How much is it to calgary if you flew?

Anywhere between $650-950 depending on how many stops and what airline. I have to also buy a second seat for Abigail too.. The hubby is getting a card for work expense that rewards him with skymiles so that will help.

Flying with a child 2 and under is free but you have to hold them. Thats a lot! What dates did you put in? Normally now would be peak season but Jan and on is a lot cheaper.

yeah, even holding isaiah at 8 months was a challenge! OTherwise you have to purchase a seat.

Yeah I would need a seat for sure. She is way to antsy to sit on my lap. Our trip to CA at 9 mos was tough. That was set up for Feb / March...

We'll be taking Skyler on our laps right before he turns two, should be fun :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->