2009 March Mummies

looks like it, im going to uninstall chrome for a bit,
be prepared for my spelling to go really bad as i wont have the automatic spell checker lol

i didnt like firefox when i tried it last

im off to bed, night ladies, hope the babies sleep well

Question: Did/will all of you buy a new cotbed mattress for #2+?
I have been making a list of all the things we will potentially need and I've read differing opinions on this one.... opinion seems to be divided between yes you must have one regardless of anything else, and that a pvc coated one with no tears, holes or sags can be washed down and re-used. :confused:

i bought new for moses basket, crib and cot each time... ebay baby shop have brand new ones cheap as chips and always get mine from there.. if howver sienna had still been in cot up to luca's arrival or shortly before i would have used the matress, she has been ina bed since 1 tho and as it was stored in thw attic we binned and will buy one when he's ready for the cot xx

I initially had the intention of buying new for both crib and cot-bed, but then read about the ok-ness of the pvc coated ones within families and got to thinking maybe I could get away without the cotbed one. Think we'll be buying missy a single bed soon so she doesn't see bubs as coming along and "stealing" her bed... gradual change rather than "boom bang you're not important anymore" is the aim I think!

Yes I have purchased a new one. I read it increases chance of cot death using an old one so got new :thumbup: only £50 for a sprung one!

Faith was awake all day yesterday and asleep all day today! Hope she sleeps tonight it's my turn yo do night shift!

X

yer sounds like a plan my crib mattress was only 9 quid posted x

I think we threw the crib matress out after Abbie was finished with it coz it was only a tenner or something.

Have ages before I have to worry about this... what am I like?! :lol: Like a year and more for the cotbed version!!

Taken from fsid.org.uk:
"Mattress
It is very important that your baby’s mattress is clean,
dry, firm, flat and well fitting. Ideally you should buy a
new mattress for each new baby. If you are not able to do
this, use the one you have as long as it was made with a
completely waterproof cover and has no tears, cracks
or holes."

Will likely buy a new one in the end, but it's interesting reading the completely opposite ends of the scale type arguments in places. :haha:

We co-sleep so don't have to worry about it for a while yet... TBH even though Alex's cot mattress is in good nick (thanks in no small part to a protective cover!) we'll still get a new one for it when he goes into a big bed and Tom gets his cot :)

Very happy today - I fit into my 'fat day' jeans again! *big grin* Been to look at cars this morning (yawn) but off for a pre-dinner walk now I think..............

i didnt get a new matress for my lot, used the same one for all 3 of them

Thanks for all the input ladies! See... I knew I could ask here and not be pounced on for considering neglect and putting my child at risk and all sorts. :lol:

Debz - Alex has Caines cot and matress but Caine RARELY slept in it :lol:

I have had a major dejunk today :D

Alex teething badly, currently asleep on daddy :(

Craving somethind naughty really badly!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... intersting Debz...

I hadn't considered replacing the moses basket mattress or crib mattress as she spend such little time in them and wasn't a messy/pukey baby and they're in really good nick... so I'm thinking of just replacing the fitted sheets. :shrug:

The cotbed mattress we may replace... I will be having a chat to Mike about that, but it has a great protective lining and is in good condition (just been used more and BOUNCED on a LOT!!)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->