2009 March Mummies

Lovely appointment today. took 45 mins and asked me every question under the sun... much more satisfied this evening!

Hope you're all well. :hugs:

I'm looking at getting an SLR soon, did you ladies say canon was good? I'm looking at 1100d or 550d at the mo! Got a few mags to see if I can get to grips with it all before my hubby buys me a camera :haha: been playing with the manual functions on my digital and getting better pictures already :thumbup:

Hope everyone is well!

Deb can't believe your already nearly 10 weeks! :shock: nearly scan time!! Xx

Debz... glad you had a better appointment! :thumbup:

Katie... I have the Canon 500D (model before 550D was released).... and I love it! It doesn't take long to learn to take better shots with it either... but it has the easy to use functions to use at first and the ability to take more control of your aperture/shutterspeed/ISO etc when you're ready!! xx

I've been playing with the aperture/shutterspeed/ISO on my point and shoot digi :D obviously very limited options but made a difference already! Hubby found me laying on the floor taking picture of ella's toy story woody yesterday :haha:

Have been learning shutterspeed today with faith - got a funny picture of her on her mat with her head fairly still but massive blur of legs lol

Loving it, feeling creative :D

X

I have the 450D (Model before Cath's) and had the 350D before that :thumbup: Even my point and shoot is a canon so you know what I'm going to say... :lol:
Good luck!

3 weeks tomorrow til next scan. Feels ages away. :lol:

This morning I look like a junkie. Stupid damned ability to bruise easily :rofl:

LOL Katie! :) Nice to see another one into photography! I get such a thrill out of it! Had a photoshoot on Tuesday and took over a 1000 pics of a family (3 kids) I started showed the Mum some of the edited pics yesterday and she's thrilled! SUCH an awesome feeling!!

Enjoy and have fun! Hope you get your new SLR soon! x

Debz.. I bruise easily too :( I feel your pain!! 3 weeks will fly by... OMG, I'll almost be one day shy of 30 weeks then! :shock:

Yep...that's just a teeny tiny bit scary! cos those 10 weeks till due day will fly by! :shock:

Feels odd that I'm next. When I fell pregnant, Lu, Katie, Pip, Gem, Claire and Eve were all pregnant! i felt a very long way off having a baby... now...not so much!

I've been thinking about labour again.... and wondering what it would feel like to have it start all on it's own! :shrug:

You'll likely question whether this is really it or not... just like you would have first time round. :hugs:

:lol: I'm kind of scared of it all kicking off and me not being aware of how far along I am because my pain threshold is so much higher now. :rofl:

On a diff note. I'm actually feeling really sorry for my BIL now. This woman of his seems to be taking him for a complete ride...

He thinks he heard her taking a pill this morning. Like "the pill" pill.... he found the box dated last month with loads out of it while he was putting the washing away. :(

I think what I'll do is try get to the point where I started feeling nauseous and that the tens machine was no longer enough. I was passed 3cm's at that point so I figure that if I can remember than pain and get to that point.. then we'll go in to the hospital.

Then on admission to hospital tell them that I would like an epidural when we get a bit further along as I now KNOW my pain threshold.

I do wonder if induction and back to back labour might have made it worse... but still... I was much happier with an epidural and will have another if I can! AMAZING how my birth plans have changed!!

With Lottie: Epidural as last resort!
Now: Epidural on order as I arrive at reception! :rofl:

urgh... your poor BIL... i think she's trying to scam him... hang on... I thought she was pregant now??? Why's she taking the pill???

:rofl:

Sounds very similar to my plans:

Abbie: Point blank refused til I simply hadn't the heart to anymore.
Now: Show me the needle!

urgh... your poor BIL... i think she's trying to scam him... hang on... I thought she was pregant now??? Why's she taking the pill???

Exactly! See he works away in London 4 days, then home 4 days and so on. All the "appointments" are happening/being arranged while he's away. So he's yet to actually be present at an appointment. :(
I told him to ask her to see the scan date letter (supposedly next Friday), and he said she told him she arranged it over the phone, again while he was on his "away" shift... I know for me, all my hospital/NHS appts are sent in letter form, with the requirement you call to either confirm or rearrange. Considering we're *supposedly* using the same hospital, I would have thought that would be the same for her.

I say bad things about BIl often, and still think he's a twat at times, but honestly, my heart is breaking for him over this situation now, because if there's one thing in this world he actually really wants, it's this baby.

:rofl: Love it!!

I just remember how exhausted I was after being in hospital for so long and slept through labour once I had the epidural... I'm no martyr... I'm happy to make life as easy as possible! :thumbup:

Argh.... my
was for your epidural post!

I would be fuming if I was your BIL. I wonder he can do about it? Maybe tell her he's going to take time off to come to the scan??? will that work?

I think he's going to confront her when she gets home about it. If she denies all knowledge, then I sent him some links to private scanning facilities. He's going to tell her HE'S booking a scan that he can be present at.

Good plan!! Poor guy! :( Must really suck not being able to trust your OH. If it's starting out like this, I daren't think what scams she'll pull as time passes by.

I know he wants a baby... but I hope that for his sake, this woman is lying to him... he at the very least deserves to have a baby with someone he can trust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->