2009 March Mummies

re what to get toddlers for xmas, i havent got a clue, think ive only got my lot 2 gifts each. i cant afford it this year tbh. will be able to get them some bits when my vouchers arrive next week (hopefully)

I've read 1st 20 pages :) we are still moaning about the same things we are just 2 year older and a bit greyer :rofl:

:rofl: @ Claire!

OMG Lu... you spammer! I love you! :kiss:

for Christmas we are not getting Lottie a BIG present as we're going overseas... so we have bought her the following;

Tag junior (plus three books for it)
2x wipe and clean books (one on numbers and one on letters)
ABC Flash cards
Gruffalo Snap
An Alphabet pal (some leapfrog toy)

So... all in all... a bunch of learning stuff! (nice parents aren't we!) Though she's going to have 4 weeks of swimming every day and being spoilt with gifts and love from her grandparents... so I don't feel bad!

for her birthday we plan on buying her a great big trampoline for the garden. her eyes will leave their sockets and she will love us forever! (Lottie is more like Tigger than child) mad about trampolines!

I'm ALWAYS telling her off and when hubby gets home he winds her up into SCREAM and SCREECH mode and then I'm telling them BOTH off! I feel all I do is moan!

I might add... I have to tell her off LESS when it's just me and her than when he's about! :dohh:

Thanks Cath - you've reassured me in more ways than one!

Alex has a huge trampoline in the garden, and he's one it for 30minutes minimum EVERY day. I wasn't sure about it at first, but he adores it, so I reckon it's a fantastic gift for Lottie too!

We've had to get rid of everything Gruffalo related though... Unfortunately, Alex had a hugely over-active imagination. If we play any kid of chasing games, he 'imagines' it's the Gruffalo chasing him and while he's OK at the time, afterwards he freaks out if he's left on his own at all (this is obviously a huge issue if I need to put Tom to bed or anything!) and comes screaming in, hysterical that the Gruffalo is going to get him.

I am going to google wipe and clean books now :haha:

Your pressies sound fab! So exciting!!

I read a thread on moneysavingexpert.com a little while ago about 'Christmas Eve Hampers' which I thought was wicked and have therefore adopted :lol: It's basically a hamper you fill with various presents for your LO to open on Christmas eve. (any excuse for me to buy him stuff!) I thought things to help the evening and bedtime go smoothly would be particularly helpful - like new pyjamas, a new bubble bath or bath bomb, a new mug to have warm milk in, a new teddy, plus their stocking and a carrot for Rudolph and a mince pie for Santa... Anyway, I've been buying a few bits and pieces and am really excited about it all now!

Yes Cath, I do find I tell him off more when OH is home. I think OH gets him super worked up and hyper :wacko:

9 posts to go.

Does something happen at 6000? Spontaneous combustion due to sheet excitement or something?

Thanks Cath - you've reassured me in more ways than one!

Alex has a huge trampoline in the garden, and he's one it for 30minutes minimum EVERY day. I wasn't sure about it at first, but he adores it, so I reckon it's a fantastic gift for Lottie too!

We've had to get rid of everything Gruffalo related though... Unfortunately, Alex had a hugely over-active imagination. If we play any kid of chasing games, he 'imagines' it's the Gruffalo chasing him and while he's OK at the time, afterwards he freaks out if he's left on his own at all (this is obviously a huge issue if I need to put Tom to bed or anything!) and comes screaming in, hysterical that the Gruffalo is going to get him.

I am going to google wipe and clean books now :haha:

Your pressies sound fab! So exciting!!

I read a thread on moneysavingexpert.com a little while ago about 'Christmas Eve Hampers' which I thought was wicked and have therefore adopted :lol: It's basically a hamper you fill with various presents for your LO to open on Christmas eve. (any excuse for me to buy him stuff!) I thought things to help the evening and bedtime go smoothly would be particularly helpful - like new pyjamas, a new bubble bath or bath bomb, a new mug to have warm milk in, a new teddy, plus their stocking and a carrot for Rudolph and a mince pie for Santa... Anyway, I've been buying a few bits and pieces and am really excited about it all now!

Yes Cath, I do find I tell him off more when OH is home. I think OH gets him super worked up and hyper :wacko:

:hugs: FAB news about Alex and the trampoline! I know Lottie will love love love it! :D Was tempted to get her one this summer... but thought rather save it for her birthday! :thumbup:

The wipe and clean books I bought were Usborne ones.. (as I have easy access to their books) but I'm sure there are loads about! Glad you like our pressie list... it's small and full of educational stuff... my Mum said POOR CHILD when I told her! :rofl: nevermind... Lottie loves her books and number flashcards, so she gets loads of enjoyment out of them.

Re Gruffalo... such a shame that he gets frightened over it! Lottie is MAD about The Gruffalo.. we have the book and we have it saved on Sky+ (the one with James Corden and Rhys Ifans and Robbie Coltrane as the voices!) too cute! She's thankfully never had a nightmare about it.. only nightmare she's had was once waking me up telling me there was a horse in her room! :saywhat: we went back and it had magically gone.. Mummy has awesome horse vanishing powers! :thumbup:

That Christmas eve thing sounds awesome... we may not do one this year due to being overseas... but might get a few bits and bobs for her!

9 posts to go.

Does something happen at 6000? Spontaneous combustion due to sheet excitement or something?

Sheet excitement?? perhaps not! I know you become an elite... like Debz and Jade (and not sure who else) when you hit 10k!

I'm a way off still! x

Ah, you're still way ahead of me though!

Wish Pip was here - she was my spam-buddy! :rofl: Anyone know if she's set to return at all?

no clue! :(

I'm off to soak in a bath... getting lots of tightenings that are going to die down around time for bed... but I'm just getting a bit uncomfy now!

Can't believe you gave up with 6 posts to go Lu. :haha:

Abbie's getting a kidizoom camera. It's what she wanted so we embraced it! :shrug: Her feet don't properly reach the fartherst point of her trike pedals yet (short arse) so we didn't even consider a bike.

Oh... I forgot to mention we got Lottie a bike for her birthday. I think it's a chad valley one. It has training wheels and a parent support, so you can push and steer if required (this can be removed) and the pedals are below the seat (like a traditional bike) not by the front wheel like most toddler bikes!

xxx

Jack was terrified of green rarrs translated isgreen dragons (my sister and scooby doo) so I got him a cuddly one that I've swapped during the day for blankie and this green rarr has magical powers it fightens off all bad green rarrs :blush:

Ah, good idea Claire!

I know Deb - I'm a lightweight, and went to bed :haha:

Hope you're feeling good this morning all! :D

Message from Cath:

Had contractions in the night, got to bed at 3am, they've started again now... About 10 min apart, have TENS on. Mike is home with me today, will text if they start getting worse, i'm expecting this to take a long time!

:dust:

Woop hope this is it for Cath! Nothing planned but tidying the house so will check back regularly!

I'm nowhere near elite! So won't spam yet! But when I'm a little closer I will!

No idea what to get Ella! We will get educational stuff because she enjoys it! Will ask her what she would like from Santa but she never asks for anything?!

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->