2009 March Mummies

Lucy jack is exactly the same attention span of a nat, my mum says it's a boy thing apparently my brother was the same

Jade that seems awfully cheap are you sure?

:wave:
what have i missed on here today?

That's reassuring Claire (I'm hoping your brother is calmer now though?!)

Hi Dani! :wave:

Alex doesn't talk in sentences yet. He has quite a big vocabulary, and will give most words a go if you ask him, but apart from stuff like "Where's it gone?" "Who's that?" and "What's this?" he doesn't really join any words together - but boys are meant to be a bit slower, aren't they...?

boys supposidly are, my friends little boy is a yr older than sienna and only speaks a bit more than her, but he still flew thru his 2 yr review which reminds me, will have hv here when shes just 2 and ill have less than 8 weeks to go, she so better not play up and show me up hahahah

chloe and leila always did really well in their 2 yr reviews and impressed i have a feeling sienna will be naughty and not do anything, i do look forward to getting the appointment thru though. then they dont see hv again after that :)

What keeps him still and entertained for a while?
X

Nothing! :rofl: Honestly, I have googed 'symptoms of ADHD' more times than I care to admit, but apart from his hyperness, he has no other signs of it. He will manage maybe 10 minutes tops of a TV programme at a time, and likes sitting on my knee while I read to him... He also likes painting, play doh and colouring and will manage about twenty minutes to half an hour each of those (on a good day!) - all those things suggest he can focus - he just doesn't seem to ever want to! :shrug:

He thrives on one-to-one attention, and is a lot better behaved when we've not had the TV on at all (even in the background). My problem is that he is 100%, 100% of the time - he has one speed and volume setting, and that's it! He eats loads, but is slim because he burns it all off super-quick! His age 12-18 month trousers are HUGE on him, they won't stay up, because he's so slender... so he's still in age 9-12 months :wacko:

OH has taken him out for a splash in the puddles now, so I am having a coffee (first one of my pregnancy!!) and a sit down :D

CAINE is the same with the 12-18 month clothes falling off his skinny waist lol but has size 6 1/2 shoes and 18-24 tops. He never stops either and wants alot of one on one xx

I work with ADHD children :D he is too young to be assessed I believe. He just has lots of energy. Will he play alone? Ella will happily go in her play room for hour or so and then come get me to show me what she has done or want me to play. Since she has been at nursery she has become more independent because she has learnt to 'play'

When I picked Ella up from nursery today Ella said bye to everyone and the whole class said "bye Ella" as we went! Sooo cute! She has friends! Not be long until her social life is busier than mine - in fact it probably already is :rofl:

My goodness I'm tired today! X

Caine will play alone but i got to be in the same room :dohh:
Even when we go to play mania/soft play he is happy to play alone and ignores the other kids or tries to wrestle em :dohh: He needs to go nursery!

Sienna, jsut doesnt shut up at the momment. she uses sentences with me now but my frined had her while i went to scan yesterday and she got her peppa pig rucksack, took nappies to her when she needed changing and said "nappy" then when she wanted to wipe hands and face, she wud say " a wer wipes" "also wer ma mummy""wer ma babba" wer ma wowee" wheres my mum, dad chloe lol, love wowee at the minute sounds so cute, she also calls leila wowee thou can say leila is just plain lazy lol. i love it wen were waiting for leila outside her class room and all the mums are crowded round, one will say did u walk all by yourself to sienna and she shouts " I DID IT, I DID ITTTTTT" HAHAHHA

Awww cute! Clever girl xx

Lucy jack is exactly the same attention span of a nat, my mum says it's a boy thing apparently my brother was the same

Jade that seems awfully cheap are you sure?

Yes hun just let me know when you want them, u did me a free nappy once so i owe you xx you want to see piccies?

That's reassuring Claire (I'm hoping your brother is calmer now though?!)

Hi Dani! :wave:

Alex doesn't talk in sentences yet. He has quite a big vocabulary, and will give most words a go if you ask him, but apart from stuff like "Where's it gone?" "Who's that?" and "What's this?" he doesn't really join any words together - but boys are meant to be a bit slower, aren't they...?

Caine will say stuff like 'gall gone' 'where daddy' etc.... but he is not great stringing words x

boys supposidly are, my friends little boy is a yr older than sienna and only speaks a bit more than her, but he still flew thru his 2 yr review which reminds me, will have hv here when shes just 2 and ill have less than 8 weeks to go, she so better not play up and show me up hahahah

chloe and leila always did really well in their 2 yr reviews and impressed i have a feeling sienna will be naughty and not do anything, i do look forward to getting the appointment thru though. then they dont see hv again after that :)

What do they do at the review? i can guarantee Caine will kick off!!

dont think all places still do the 2 year review think i only got 1 last year coz i was worried about connors speech, the hv will juat ask you questions and mark the correct box on her sheet, she will also aks child to do a few tasks to see how they interact with toys ect

will normally weight and measure child too

No I trust you jade are you ok to wait till week on Friday tho?

Lucy I had this the other week jack says very little and doesn't string any words together, and yes my brother is much calmer now :lol: was by the time he started school, never got in trouble worked hard, a bit boring really :rofl: let's hope Alex keeps some of his spark :)

they dont do weight or height here, they contact u and come to ur house so bubs is in environmtnets he/she is most at ease, thyell ask u questions and tick stuff off and then they talk to them and get some blocks out and books to see if they point at stuff and recognise them, they should do them dani, they are standard, and it all goes in ur red books. the only different should be how the hv does it as all work differently.xx

Thanks ladies

Claire yes no probs, pm me your address and I will send xx But if you dont like em I wil take em back x

Anyone want to buy a freedom sling off me? Just not using it :dohh:

I think I want a wrap but then again not sure I would use that either :haha:

i dont get on with wraps slings carriers etc, splits my muffin top into 4 unequal rolls, lmfao,

they dont do weight or height here, they contact u and come to ur house so bubs is in environmtnets he/she is most at ease, thyell ask u questions and tick stuff off and then they talk to them and get some blocks out and books to see if they point at stuff and recognise them, they should do them dani, they are standard, and it all goes in ur red books. the only different should be how the hv does it as all work differently.xx

the hv are or have already stopped the 8 month one here, katie got one coz connor got a 2yr one, but like i said earlier, im not sure if they were cutting it.
i had to go the clinic for connors that prob why they weighed and measured him

we didnt get 8 month one here with sienna either, cant see them cutting it here, its the last contact prior to school for us, its ages since taken sienna to be weighed tho usually when next bubs is born they chuck htem on the scales and stick it in red book for me lol. so sienna no doubt will be done in may, though she goes on them at home all the time. they missed chloes, she turned up when she was almost 26 months n said sorry i forgot to come wen she was 2, grrrrrrrrrr lol x

Just totted up nappies for my 2 babies (not inc stuff sold or ready to go):

WNOS
WNSS Large
Issy Bears x 8
Ittis x 12
Blueberry BBSS x 1
Blueberry BBOS x 2
Tots Bots Easyfit v1 x 6
Tots Bots Pocket Tots x 1
Close Parent Pop ins x 2
Ebay cheapie x 1
Cushie Tushies x 4
Bambooty x 2
WAHM x 1
Tots Bots Nippa Nappies Fitted x 5
Kissaluv fitted x 1
Easy Peasy Bumble Nippas x 3
Wraps x 6 WHY??!! LOL

:blush:

Not inc stuff bought and sold - £400 worth......

Jade I really struggled with a wrap I just couldn't get it tight enough, but I have heard good things :) I loved the babyhawk carried jack til I got preg again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->