2009 March Mummies

I DID IT!!!

Tom was born at home, in water at 4.38pm. No drugs, no tear, lovely midwives - an absolutely amazing experience! 9lbs 10oz!! Will update properly tomorrow :happydance:

OMG HUGGGGEEEEEEE congratulations Lucy!!! I am soo so happy you got the birth you wanted! And in water too, isnt it an amazing experience? :D Bless you, cant wait to see piccies! And such a good weight too! xxxxx

Happy due date Katie! YAY!!

Happy 31 weeks Claire

Happy 16 weeks my baby boy :D

Have a great weekend everyone!

Why is my wedding looking like its gonna cost a BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any money saving tips very welcome!

Hiya :hi:

Debz... your little Abbie Yellow sounds soooo cute!! Please take pics for us!! :cloud9:

Jade, if you hear any good tips re saving money... let me know... :hugs: Hope you get the wedding of your dreams hun :flower:

Jade - if you find a dress you like now, see if the stockist will let you buy their sample "post season" at a good price? My friend did that with her bridesmaid's dress (Got a £200 dress for £50) so might be worth a shot!

I did that with my dress deb - got it off rack at end of season for half the price (£1,000 reduced to £500!) and we decorated our own cake (purchased two tier plain wedding cake from waitrose). And for our reception we hired an italian restaurant rather than a real hall/place. We had a sit down all you can eat buffet (which was soooo yummy) with wine, we made a dance area separate to eating and it was lovely! Paid £15 a head and that included a bottle of wine per 2 people, no hire costs for the restaurant and everyone loved it! But we had quite a small wedding, I think we fed 30 people! X

Does your dog acting weird count as a sign something is going on or is he just scared I'm going to sit on him :rofl:

:rofl: Katie may be a sign yep!

Hope everyone is ok? Why does my son (CAine) decide it stime to get up at 6am on bloody bank hol weekend! :grr:

Jade - if you find a dress you like now, see if the stockist will let you buy their sample "post season" at a good price? My friend did that with her bridesmaid's dress (Got a £200 dress for £50) so might be worth a shot!

I bet they are in size 12s tho? Best get slimming :haha: xx

I did that with my dress deb - got it off rack at end of season for half the price (£1,000 reduced to £500!) and we decorated our own cake (purchased two tier plain wedding cake from waitrose). And for our reception we hired an italian restaurant rather than a real hall/place. We had a sit down all you can eat buffet (which was soooo yummy) with wine, we made a dance area separate to eating and it was lovely! Paid £15 a head and that included a bottle of wine per 2 people, no hire costs for the restaurant and everyone loved it! But we had quite a small wedding, I think we fed 30 people! X

Sounds yummy! I love italian! Only one decent one round here tho and its tiny so wont hold everyone. :( Great idea with the cake! I know they can really cost alot x I could even make my own :)
Anyway for my cake I want a cupcake tower so not one cake, 100 little cakes if you know what I mean?

Yes why don't you buy one cake and then make the cupcakes? You can decorate as you please but it's a lot if work a few days before wedding! They sell those cupcake tiered cakes in waitrose too (my MIL works for waitrose so we got everything cheap ;) ) xx

Once we have finished our family we are planning a massive party we going to have children christened and our wedding blessed all at the same time :D xx

my friend had one of them cup cake wedding cakes it was lush!!

did all mine abroad jade, so not very good with tips for over here :rofl:

Lu- Huge congrats from the other Claire too, she wishes u all the best ( aurora) xx

after my 8 marathon loo trips yesterday and ouchie bh's with a house full of guest to entertain from 10am-8pm, i was wacked, kids were still up unfed, dh came home from shopping so i trogged in with grub for us, grapes poppped, and i couldnt sit down :cry: then fell asleep mid moutful my dinner and woke up on the sofa, table cleared and kids in bed, felt bad for dh he had such a long day at work yesterday and had to sort the kids then, he seemed unconcerned and just kept laughing cos i had a piece of steak hanging out my gob wen i fell asleep :rofl: , gosh i must have been fooked, ive never fallen asleep eating :lol:

:hugs: pip - but last box for you now! Happy 9th month of pregnancy!! Xx

SUch a classy bird with the steak Pip, a girl after my own heart :haha:

Katie yep I see what you mean, mega stress a few days before re the cupcakes :dohh: may get someone to do them and have one big piece to cut :D I want black and white. Sick of all the comments about it but I think black and white wedding will look quite classy :shrug:

is the other Katy far away from you Jade? she does amazing cupcakes!!xx

omg yer last box, i didnt even realise :rofl: :happydance:

so i asked my mum to pick up some paint for me and all she bought was the white for ceiling, (which i refuse to do dh is a painter and decorator in his hat of trades :rofl: so he can do that and ill do the walls. so i still cant crack onw ith what needs finishing, not long till term and babies room not done, not that he needs it but ive got old beds piled up in there, waiting for frineds to come and take them apart as she wants them, why do people leave it last minute, i want to sort through my hospital bags etc and cant get to them.

so apart from a quiet week next week as kids still off, they go back on Tuesday 3rd, wednesday i have hv coming for siennas 2 yr review, thursday i have scan, and friday mw coming if all was well and booking everything ordering gas and air to come over the weekend. so im keeping my feet up this week, as the follwing one im term and its ramn packed with appointments. the fact nothing is ready here is making me nervous.

told dh he's to give me £100 wed this week tho, and im off to get the last of toiletries, those sterile bottles of formula that they use in hospital, for ease for the first few days, baby bath and more nappies. then he can order my carseat again. im not paying for it, he bloody can :rofl:

:hugs: Pip... you need to take it easy chick!

Jade.. stuff what others say... have your wedding your way and I think Black and White will look great! :hugs:

Have a lovely day everyone!!! :hugs:

Defo sod anyone elses comments about wedding colours jade, it's your day do it exactly how you want!

Pip get a whiteboard and put up a list of all these things that need doing and direct your husband to it... I don't care how much he is working you work 24/7 looking after kids and growing a baby so let him work to the bone :haha:

We introduced the whiteboard and so all my jobs etc I have planned for week go up and sometimes I find my hubby has done one or two :D no nagging required (because just asking a man nicely is classed as nagging to them :dohh:)

Had to threaten to shoot my mother this morning as she has asked 3 times in 24 hours if there is any sign of faith :hissy: she won't be texting again :haha:

lol katie sounds like a plan. :D

just walked to shop, im burning up here,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"