2009 March Mummies

:wave:

Just popping on to say a quick hello! Spent most of yesterday in hospital as Tom was having problems breathing :( All very scary, but he's alright now. Am still on a high after the birth, and will write an in depth birth story as soon as I can!

Thank you for all your lovely messages, and I hope you're all doing well :D

glad he ok now hun, xxxxx very excited for you, bet he's gorgeous! xx

:sick: at thought of smelly placenta :rofl: xxx

Sorry... Your doing what to your placenta?! :shock: lol

Why have you still got it? What are you doing with it?

Glad Tom is ok, hope your settling well and alex is enjoying his baby brother xxx

I'm dehydrating my placenta, and am going to make capsules out of it when it's dried. I had a smoothie with berries and a chunk of it in after the birth :haha: My mother is horrified!!

I've never heard of doing that so please forgive my :shock: I'm squeamish though so i think I would pass out if I even saw it! Got a funny image of a placenta sunbathing with an empty glass next to it (the glass has a straw in it :lol:)

:rofl: my mw's with sienna said i had a perfect placenta for that, i couldnt even look at it either, :haha:

I think I was offered mine after I had Ella and looked up and had a glimps of it in a dish, I didn't say much so I'm guessing the look on my face said it all :haha:

Do people often do that then? I've never heard of it! It's full of nutrients and I've heard of people burying them and planting trees etc but not making capsules and eating it.

Does it look like steak?! I'm still not sure I could stick a chunk of steak in my smoothy lol! :dohh: I'm very naive when it comes to this sort of thing xx

i dont know an awful lot about it, i should really get dh to eat mine, he eats some vile meats and animal organs :sick: i have to bleach my entire kitchen after he has cooked such minging stuff :rofl: but seeing that it comes out my JJ i know he will refuse blatently :rofl:

:rofl: I thought that might well be the general consensus!! I don't know of anyone else who's done it to be honest, but I've heard fantastic things about it. It's meant to be a great way to combat PND. I couldn't taste it in the smoothie (I wouldn't have been able to stomach it if it tasted meaty!) and I thought I wouldn't be able to handle it/touch it/cut it etc but it was really OK... In fact, I even had a bit of a nibble on a small piece :haha:

Will let you know if it's any good :D

Need to change my ticker at some point....

Had a lazy day and am quite tired now - could do with an early night. Tom has been sleeping an awful lot. Think it might be down to his breathing, poor thing. MW coming tomorrow, so will have a chat with her about it then.

Attachments

• 170.jpg
    170.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 6
Ahhh Tom's a cutie! Congrats again hun.

I'm funny about food, don't think I could nibble on placenta.... hell, I can't even stand the thought of taking cod liver oil capsules :sick: :rofl: The look of it/handling wouldn't make me squeamish but the thought of eating it would make me a bit :argh::nope:!!
More power to you though for giving it a shot!

Aww what a cutie! You can see he is a big boy too, look at those cheeks :cloud9:

Defo couldn't nibble on placenta, I'll stick to my multi-vitamin :haha: let us know how the placenta chewing goes lol! What is up with his breathing? Just adjusting to the outside or has he got small/blocked nostrils? This heat and smog can't be good for a newborn to adjust to!

Did it all happen quickly in the end Lucy? You used raspberry leaf so I'm wondering if that did speed things up for you. Just trying to guess how long it will take me to get faith out if it was so quick with Ella lol!

I'm going to do a bit of ironing then hit bed, I've been feeling a bit off today, had a nap at lunchtime and I'm still tired. Think I'm going to go hospital tomorrow to be monitored as faith is a bit quiet, still getting movements but I want reassurance.

X

Oh what a cutie!!!!!!!!!!! :cloud9: Hes gorgeous Lu!!!!

Not sure about ur placenta plans lol although Ive read about planting a tree on it and that actually tickles my fancy!!

Happy levelling to yesterday girlies and happy term Katie also happy last box pip!!!!! :wohoo:

Jade black and white weddings I think are very classy :thumbup: Ignore everyone :)
https://shop.confetti.co.uk/category/black-and-white-lace

Hope ur all enjoying the sunshine :D

xxxx

Happy Easter btw!!!

https://tresmaliscott.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/easter2.jpg

Happy Easter everyone!

Happy 32 weeks Gemma - only 5 until term!!! It's going to fly past are you ready for a baby?! Lol

I've not slept again! I wake up in early hours and then can't sleep or drift in and out for ages! Looks like another lovely day out there so going to pop to my mums this morning and having a BBQ at sam's parents this afternoon. Got a BBQ tomorrow too :) hmmm meat!

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->