2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Hi everyone! Congrats to everyone with the boys!!! It would be so funny if they all were!

Penguin, I hope you start to feel better soon, hopefully the chemist can give you something 'pregnancy friendly' to help. :hugs:

Nothing much to report from me, apart from the fact that now I can feel the baby moving it just doesn't stop - its the weirdest feeling! Lovely, but just a bit odd, I have to sit with my hand on my tummy, otherwise it constantly takes me by surprise and makes me jump! :haha: Had a midwife appointment today, she listened to the heartbeat, asked me whether I wanted it at home (she's a real fan of home births) and that was about it - very straightforward!!

I hope everyone else is well :hi:

Moglet doesnt stop moving these days, it is so reassuring and its nice that we have a pattern to his movements in terms of times of day. Think he is trying to say dont worry about the tumble dryer going bang Mummy, I dont need the clothes yet!

What do you think about a home birth then Mrs M? I dont have the option this time as Mogster had GBS on him so we have to assume the worst and have antibiotics in labour, quite fancy having a baby at home though just not sure about the mess :wacko: Ah well hospital just refurbed maternity and we had ensuite delivery room last time so fingers crossed we will be in and out this time....dreading being away from Mogster, will miss him :cry:

Would be funny if we all had boys, be cool though, my antental class last time there were 11 couples and we had 7 boys and 4 girls, so far for baby two's we have had 2 girls and 1 boy with 2 still cooking... Moglet and a team yellow baby.

Off to collect a bargain box of toddler books, got them free on Netmums, just have to collect tonight! Bargain :thumbup : I love Netmums!!!

Whoops - hope the tumble drier gets fixed asap (and without a horrendous call-out cost!).

I think I like the idea of a home birth as I hate hospitals, but I'm about half an hour away from the hospital and would just be constantly worrying that if there was something wrong with the baby either during labour or the birth help wouldn't be there. Plus on a selfish note, I don't think my pain threshold is particularly high, so I'd at least like every pain relief option available should I need it!!! :blush:

Aww, hopefully Mogster will be able to come and see you lots when you're in hospital! I'm sure he'l love running riot around the ward and playing with your electric bed!!

Speaking of antenatal classes, when do I need to start thinking about these? I really want to make sure I can go and I know that they fill up pretty quickly?

usually you book them around 24 weeks I think, then you go about 30-32 weeks. Only thing we definitely dont want to miss this time is the tour of the maternity unit as dont want Mogster to be scared coming to see Mummy there :nope:

Fortunately tumble dryer under first year warranty, thing is we had same tumble dryer last time and after three failures in one year they replaced it with a new one and another years cover, worried it will be same again. OH on warpath though and says if they cant fix it he wants to choose another one at their full cost! I darent argue but figure if he wants to argue will let him :thumbup:

Which hospital will you go to? We go to Hinchingbrooke from here, not brave enough to face A14 to the Rosie :blush: last time we were spotting sunbathing bunnies to distract from contractions etc in the car, around the hospital was bunny central!!!!

Talk to MW at next appt, she will sort you out, antenatal classes are funny but they do help prepare you

Mrsmils, I'm the same, I would love to have the baby at home but our local hospital now doesn't have a maternity unit due to budget cuts so the nearest hospital (in our county) is almost an hour away! We are going to have to go to one in another county.. so stupid.

:hi: to everyone else! x

Thanks :flower: - my next appointment is at 24 weeks, so I'll ask her then.

I'm attempting Kings Lynn, a few people have suggested I go to Norwich instead as KL hasn't got the most fabulous reputation (as you may remember me ranting about the issues my sister had there), but its that much further for us as well as our families should we be in for a few days. I'm looking forward to going to have a look around as I think it will reassure me, its had a recent refurb and at least if the staff aren't great, it should be cleaner and brighter! :shrug:

Good idea to go and look around with Mogster, hopefully he'll be a little more confident if he's been there before. One thing that I remember from my younger sister being born is that she 'gave' me a present, a playmobile caravan I think, thats all I remember from her birth, so it must have had an impact! Maybe Moglet could get him a present?

Good news on the tumble drier, let Dh go for it and make demands, two within their warranties really is ridiculous!

Blimey F&C, another county?! Here's hoping for a slow start to labour! :thumbup:

Hi Ladies!

Just poping in to let you all know my meeting with my midwife this morning was fantastic!! :) Blood pressure was good...uterus was about an inch below my navel and DH and I got to hear Bean's heartbeat again!! :cloud9:
OH!! and we got back the result of out Integrated Prenatal Sceen and it was negative...we are very low risk for Downs... 1 in 20 000 so that's great! I know these tests are never 100%...but those are pretty good result anyway.

Also...DH and I are pretty sure we felt Bean moving last night. He had his hand on my belly and then I felt something and I asked if he felt it and he said YES!! It wasn't strong at all...but it was something...hopefully not just gas...I wasn't gassy though...so fingers crossed I start feeling Bean more and more!

Hope all is well with you lovely ladies!!
xo

Congrats to all the ladies moving up boxes. :thumbup:

When are the next scans coming up? I seem to remember tomorrow or was it the week after?

I have bought this lovely Maternity Swimsuit. I just have to show you. https://www.johnlewis.com/66437/Style.aspx?SearchTerm=maternity+swimsuit

DeDe, I will be going once a week to the antenatal swimming now, but I also try to go swimming with my OH on the weekend.

MamaBird, :thumbup: for feeling the the little bean.

MrsMils, we will be going to the antenatal classes in July. The MW said July or August would be fine.

F&C, I have seen your lovely bump progress in the other thread. :flower:

Everyone else :hi: and I hope you are doing well.

Oh and I had a quick look how much an electric breast pump is....£90! :shock:

Hi Ladies!

So I come to you for opinions once again! So as you all know...this morning I had a meeting with the midwife and all was great! We got the results for the prenatal screening that we did and it was 1 in 20 000 for Downs and 1 in 1500 for a Neural Tube defect. At first I thought these were awesome scores...but then I started reading back your posts about your NT scans and I saw Ann's was 1 in 100 000 and other Moggy yours was really high as well....so now I'm not too sure about my score??

So my question is, what type of prenatal screening did you do? and what was the result?

We did the Integrated Prenatal Screening...where you get a scan and bloods done at 12 weeks and then more bloods at around 16 weeks.

DH thinks I am being crazy again googling averages and different tests...but I just want to be informed...iykwim?!

xo

we had nuchal scan and anything over 1:5000 is very low risk so you are very very very very low risk - if it was fifty fifty it would be worth a punt so 20000:1 is great odds. Dont panic now is the time to enjoy your pregnancy :thumbup: Think we were 1:10000

Dede congrats on your blue bump :happydance:

On the pram front we are looking at the Britax b-smart (as we don't have two babies :haha:) so I guess it is similar to the b-dual, loved it when we had a play :thumbup:

Good to see about the leaking boobs (well you know what I mean!) will have to get me some of those Yas, had an embarrassing moment on holidays (first one, as all the other times it has just been overnight) so DH and I had to get a code word so he can subtly let me know :rofl:

Mamabird - re the screening, we had the bloods only at 16 weeks not the scan, and I got 1 in 29 000 which it said was low risk so think it is okay?

Well I am back now from my little jolliday, have spent 2 days just baking on the beach in Majorca and now catching up with the thread :haha: Don't think bubs liked the heat as he didn't do much til we got back (DH likes to think it is because he is a yorkshire baby and doesn't like abroad :rofl:)

Bubs moving more now - DH had his head on my tum on the beach and he kicked him :haha: then last night he had his arm over my tum and bubs kicked him repeatedly til he moved :rofl:

Feel very refreshed from hols albeit a couple of days, and still not back in work til next Weds :thumbup: when are the next scans???????? Hope you are all good :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->