~ 2012 July Babies ~

So I've had my nose to the grindstone with work, and when I haven't been doing that, I've been lying on the couch reading because I'm exhausted all. the. time. But yesterday we had our first ultrasound. Wow! Our little gummy bear was wiggling all over the place, waving his/her arms around. We were laughing so hard. it's funny to think all that movement is going on inside me, and I can't feel a thing yet.

On the downside, I've gained about 10 pounds already! But my midwife isn't concerned. My weight was normal anyway, and she said some women gain more up front and it evens out later. I'm just so hungry all the time.

(I'm reading here, catching up on everyone's news!)

So I've had my nose to the grindstone with work, and when I haven't been doing that, I've been lying on the couch reading because I'm exhausted all. the. time. But yesterday we had our first ultrasound. Wow! Our little gummy bear was wiggling all over the place, waving his/her arms around. We were laughing so hard. it's funny to think all that movement is going on inside me, and I can't feel a thing yet.

On the downside, I've gained about 10 pounds already! But my midwife isn't concerned. My weight was normal anyway, and she said some women gain more up front and it evens out later. I'm just so hungry all the time.

I am hungry ALL the time. In fact it is annoying and bothersome! lol I try and snack but man I am almost tired of eating. I haven't gained any weight though which is good thing for me. I totally can relate to being hungry all the time :D

I want to eat everything, but it usually doesn't stay in.....:sick::haha:

I don't know what to say - trans vag ultrasound in his office - can't find anything on the screen, then he says it may be the fibroid, then he finds other black areas which indicate possible endometriosis which when I had HSG done showed no signs of so he says that can't be it, then he says they can't all be gestational sacs, then he says this one probably is but there is no baby in it that I can see. I really can't tell I am very confused with what is going on in here. Sends me for urgent quantative betas, if result is positive today will draw more blood Monday but I am now going back for a "proper" ultrasound at 3pm. Just did a digital and it cam up instantly with pregnant 3+ hence why I am still having symptoms.

But I don't think the news is going to be good. At 7plus weeks he should have been able to see something for certain on his little machine, he even detetcs HB's at 6 weeks, but he says there is the chance we just need better equipment to see it.

So I guess we now wait and hope for so much more than a miracle.

I don't know what to say - trans vag ultrasound in his office - can't find anything on the screen, then he says it may be the fibroid, then he finds other black areas which indicate possible endometriosis which when I had HSG done showed no signs of so he says that can't be it, then he says they can't all be gestational sacs, then he says this one probably is but there is no baby in it that I can see. I really can't tell I am very confused with what is going on in here. Sends me for urgent quantative betas, if result is positive today will draw more blood Monday but I am now going back for a "proper" ultrasound at 3pm. Just did a digital and it cam up instantly with pregnant 3+ hence why I am still having symptoms.

But I don't think the news is going to be good. At 7plus weeks he should have been able to see something for certain on his little machine, he even detetcs HB's at 6 weeks, but he says there is the chance we just need better equipment to see it.

Miss_C my last pregnancy they couldn't see the hb until 8+1. I have a very tilted uterus which makes it hard to see. And no one ever tells you your uterus is tilted I had two babies before I was told my uterus was tilted. Even with this pregnancy she had a heck of a time finding my LO at 6+5. Then when I went back at 7+5 she still couldn't find my LO. She had to go get a more experienced tech. I am not sure what is going on in your situation but what I am saying that sometimes they have a hard time finding the baby. I know what you are going through. Prayers said.

Marisa

Miss C big hugs and fingers crossed for good news. Keep us posted. :hugs::hugs:

well what a day!! We arrive at Qld medical imaging and I am quite literally crapping myself, the constipation of 4 days was poking it's head out but couldn't go cos I had to hold my pee and you definitely can't do a no2 without no1 happening! I was terrified. Dion and I hardly dared breathe let alone speak. We got called in and we told the guy what the morning had held and so he entered all the details LMP how long it lasted etc etc. Found my fibroid now a whopping 30mm from 10mm in June (they do grow in pregnancy), then he found the gestational sac, showed me it on the screen and it was definitely not showing any signs of life, he measured it to be 7w5d which was spot on then said we need to go to trans vaginal for a clear picture cos this fibroid is causing issues from trans abdominal, massive amounts of "noise" on the screen.

So off I go to empty my bladder and evacuate the reindeer droppings 3 days worth boy that was such a relief and I sat there on the toilet trying not to scream I felt like my heart was going to burst and my head was pounding, still an empty sac no baby, no little ziggy heartbeat.

Hop back on the bed, "chaperone" comes in we sign all the relevant forms and in it goes and away we go. He digs around for a while and then says I can see what we and the doctor couldn't see anything there we are right behind the fibroid, I said what can you see and he turned the screen and said there's a baby and can you see that flicker that's the heartbeat. I think I came over all religious cos I know I yelled out quite loudly OH GOD!! And then fell in a jibbering shaking heap and the sonographer had to ask me to hold my breath and not move as he still couldn't get clear pics or measurements.

He struggled to get a clear pic but the bit that he did he "thinks" was about 7.1mm which is 6w3d so those measurements are just a little bit behind but nothing of concern he said. Heartbeat of 153 is perfect.

The report was then phoned through to Dr Kasan who will get my quantative bloods tomorrow and I will probably go for a further blood draw Mon/Tue and a follow up scan in another couple of weeks assuming number are still going up and not down.

Fuck me dead this child is going to be the death of me! I don't think I have ever had a day that has gone from such lows to such highs. I cannot stop crying which is exacerbated by damn hormones!!

Miss C congrats on seeing the heartbeat!! you had me crying reading that!! i'm soo happy for you. BTW i too have a fibroid, currently measuring at 41mm, it grew 10mm from 6 - 8 weeks!! she said they always grow in pregnancy due to the hormones, but typically they grow the most in the 1st trimester. i also had one at 40mm during my last pregnancy :) my son always looked like he was using it as a pillow :)

Anyways soooo happy for you :)

Kim

Reading that gave me goosebumps- congratulations on such brilliant news! x

FAB news Miss C - we were so worried about you!

(BTW, I'm going to start using the expression "fuck me dead". That's a great one!!)

Also, nice to see Superawesome back - we missed you!!

Hey SuperAwesome good to see you again! I wanted to tell you that I too have gained I'm hovering around 7 - 9 lbs.... my goal is to only gain, if possible, 50 - 60 lbs... although I know that my body will do what it needs :) with my last pregnancy I gained about 110 lbs... and I'm really hoping not to gain that much again. :flower:

oh Miss C congrats on the HB! I read your first scan post and was so nervous but glad to read the second, haha you had me laughing! Thank goodness for better equipment huh!?

thanks for your well wishes everyone:hugs:

like Viking I love to hear all the good news, keep it rolling!

Miss_C you have my heart beating out of my chest! I'm so glad you little
one is fighting. I'm so happy to see your good news.
SuperAwesome, I'm glad you are doing well. :happydance:

Miss_C that is amazing news...just proves you should never give up hope!!

Miss C!! I have been trying to find out what's been going on...what a day!!! Little bean is testing you already! remember I was in a similar situation with my cyst and just seeing a sac...to bleeding...to seeing a baby...and here I am almost in 3rd Tri!! so keep the faith :hugs: ALSO, I got told my bloods were low for 5 weeks...it was utter BS as I knew they were well in line with guidelines, that and they didn't quite double on 2nd draw which worried me slightly but this bean is a fighter and so is Ziggy!!! :hugs:

Also - congrats to Indigo on your BFP!!! just noticed :hugs:

Hey SuperAwesome good to see you again! I wanted to tell you that I too have gained I'm hovering around 7 - 9 lbs.... my goal is to only gain, if possible, 50 - 60 lbs... although I know that my body will do what it needs :) with my last pregnancy I gained about 110 lbs... and I'm really hoping not to gain that much again. :flower:

My three previous pregnancies I gained about 50-60 lbs! But I lose 40 lbs in the first month or two. I am trying hard this time around to not gain as much. It is hard. I don't think I have gained much so far. Our scale needs a new battery so I haven't been able to weigh myself in a week or so. My last pregnancy I gained 13 lbs in my first tri. So I know I am already doing better than the last time :)

You crack me up miss c! So happy to hear that little Ziggy is hanging in there! :hugs:

I have actually lost 4 pounds so far but only being 6 + 5 I have a long way before this trimester is done. I'm really excited about my appointment next week. I will be 7+4. Trying to not worry too much. I fell the other day and had cramping shortly after... I was concerned but the cramping stopped and never had spotting so hope all is well in there. Work this week will keep me busy so hopefully it will go quickly.

Glad to hear everyone is good! :hugs:

I have actually gained a few pounds. But, to be fair, I had been on a low carb eating plan previously which I ditched when I found out I was pregnant. Also, my morning sickness is so much less this time around. I wonder if I should worry about that? I have had mild queasiness (which is usually resolved by more food haha), mild stomachaches, headaches, tired, but no intense nausea like with my last pregnancy. Although, I must admit, the thought of eating any kind of fish makes me want to gag a little. haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->