• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

~ 2012 July Babies ~

Anybody heard from SuperAwesome? She seems to have disappeared!

sorry for the confusion ladies, a nub shot is the genital area and you can often tell if boy or girl from this, ie with a girls 3 distinct white lines etc, google nub shot and start obsessing over your pics!!!

I have a shot of the bladder with the legs either side and wonder if it is also a nub shot.

Ooooh I'm having a mini panic attack!! I went into Next to look at maternity clothes, thinking "Well I don't REALLY need them yet, but I'll make sure I have them when I do".

Anyway, I tried on a dress. Not only does it fit me but I LOOK PREGNANT IN IT!!!!!!! I stood in the changing rooms hyperventilating.

I was sure I was going to look like a non-pregnant person in a maternity dress but nope!! :nope::nope::nope:

I also got a pair of black trousers, but thankfully they ARE too big for me so far...

Here's the dress - thought it would be good for the office and outside??

https://www.next.co.uk/x492306s4#830711x49

oh lovely dress, and I love having my bump, don't panic it feels great!!

Conina, the exact thing happened to me this weekend! I went into pea in the pod and tried on a few things and I looked uber-preggo. wow! I didn't realize how uncomfortable I was in some of my old clothes until I tried these on hahaa. I walked out $500 poorer but with a pair of maternity skinny jeans that I think I'll wear even AFTER I have the baby. They are sooooo comfortable and cute

Great dress!
if anyone is in NYC, New View Maternity is having a sample sale at their manhattan showroom, for about another week, I think. I bought some cute things on monday.

Hi girls! Glad to see everyone is doing pretty good. I haven't been on in awhile because it's hard to come on sometimes. However, I do like to see how everyone is doing. That is a cute dress Conina! I'm sure you look great in it. I haven't even looked for anything maternity yet although I know I should at the least go bra shopping since mine are bursting at the seams now. I fit into my jeans still (a size bigger) so am just going with it. I have my 12 week appointment today so really excited to see what's been going on in there.

Indigo - I have thought about bottle feeding or using formula. To be honest, I have never pictured myself breast feeding, but where I work its really pushed on the mom's and so I feel like I should give it a shot and see how it goes. With my luck, I will have a natural and then it will be hard to switch to bottles. My husband is going to be a stay at home dad so bottles and formula will be necessary. We use Similac at work but I know some parents prefer Enfamil (less spitty). I really think that it's individual because not all formulas work for all babies.

Anyone contemplating moving during their pregnancy?? We live in a one bedroom condo and am thinking we will need a house before the baby is born. I know that the baby won't need much, but we don't even have enough space for us (plus a Rottweiler) much less a place for baby stuff.

The hospital I'm going to really pushes breast feeding too - in fact they mentioned it at my 10 week appointment! I was a bit bemused - I hadn't even thought about it at that stage.

I think I'll try breast feeding to start with but I'm not going to stress if I can't/don't like it.

I think that most hospitals really push the breastfeeding. My recommendation is to have a plan in place before you go in and don't let them bully you. With my son I had a lot of trouble, he just wouldn't latch and every nurse thought that they could "fix" the problem, and seeing as I was in hospital for 6 days this got really old reall fast. I ended up pumping and feeding him for 3 weeks then the public health nurse came to my house and suggested a nipple shield, which was great, he finally latched!! but even though I had been pumping my milk supply was just never right.

So for this time, I'm going to give breastfeeding a good try, but I'm not going to kill myself, I will not be pumping and feeding, that was exhausting. Even if all goes well, the plan is to introduce a bottle at about 6 - 8 weeks so that my OH can also feed him/her. If the breastfeeding is going well I'll pump and the bottle will have breast milk in it, if not it'll have formula.

The only formula that worked for me last time was "Good start" all the others made him very gassy.

There is so much to think abut isn't there, I would love to breast feed but I really want my DH involved so will proably aim for a combination if I can. There is such a lot of pressure to breast feed here, I wil give it a try but I know friends who have been really misearable when it isn't working.

As for moving, I moved house at 10 weeks, boy that was exhausting, my parents were amazing help though and unpacked everything for us!!

BFing has already been shoved down my throat 2x at appointments...and more so by women who breastfeed or have breastfed. I can't tell you how annoyed I'm getting. I need to get back on a med that would prevent me from BFing....so I really don't even see it as a choice.

Hey indigo, so as not to bother jodes' journal....
I was getting spots on my chin, too and they pop up from time to time, but now they are mostly around the crown of my head, by my scalp/temples, the jaw area in front of my earlobe... Really gross and i feel like foundation doesnt help, but I still need to use something to hide them a bit.
One of my students asked why i am breaking out so badly. "hormones, darling!". Thanks for noticing AND pointing them out to me!!! Grrrrr.

Me too Sadie - I feel like a teenager! And they're in weird places like my neck?? Never had spots there in my life!

Yes, me too!!!
And how about between your boobs, on your sternum area, yet higher up? They aren't exactly pimples and i only know they are there when I shower. They feel like hard bumps rather than pimples! Gross.

My acne is now gone....hopefully it stays gone. I have another scan tomorrow....not sure why, but I won't complain....

Oh another scan how lovely! I have 3 weeks still until my 20 week scan when I can see the sex.

How's everyone feeling? I realy feel so much better, I have lots of energy back, long may it last!

Still not sleeping great (except during the day, when I'm not supposed to...) but other than that I'm fine. Definitely getting a bump!! (Although DH insists it's from all the Haribo I'm eating, he's started calling the bump Haribo :haha:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->