~ 2012 July Babies ~

Thanks ladies...:hug:

Hang in there, Kosh! :hug:

Viking....

I decided on the cvs after my bloods came back with 1:160 for Downs (the other results I could live with). My experience was atypical...sorry I scared you...

Initially, I was just going to get the cvs right away and skip the blood screening, but I was convinced otherwise by the notion after speaking with my genetics counselor, that maybe I could get away with not doing the cvs or amnio.

The only thing I was certain about was that I just did not want to be wondering, waiting, worrying that long (for an amnio) & maybe having to face certain decisions if there was something wrong with the baby....being that far along, and perhaps more attached....

Indigo, I'm so excited for the happy news of a healthy boy! So relieved everything tuned out alright. I hope you are starting to feel better. So, can I ask why you decided to go for the CVS? I was leaning toward that test as well, but after reading the hell you went thru I'm totally scared of it now.
Any other girls doing CVS? I'm excited to see what everyone is having.

Viking, I've had 2 myself and work in Prenatal Genetics in a centre doing about 1000 per year. I've NEVER heard of anyone having an experience like Indigo's and I've been in the field for 10 years! Please don't let that scare you, if your centre does many, then the odds of something like this happening are exceedingly rare...

There have been others with similar experiences....do a google search....but again, my experience was atypical. My high risk OB has dealt with similar experiences over the years.....Junebug....your clinic must be EXCEPTIONAL if you have never heard of that in 10 years....The clinic I went to, btw, is highly regarded in the USA....so that goes to show you anything can happen anywhere...

Indigo, any chance u are in Cali? I just found a great website and the ladies were talking about their cvs and amnio docs....

Hi Sadie....No, I am in NC...

Wow! You are 44% done already. I really love that ticker....the progression comforts me...especially when I am not feeling well...

Good morning ladies!

I actually felt good yesterday....I only had a few waves of nausea and had more energy than I have had for months....I hope it lasts...

Morning Indigo and everyone else.

That is just great...I know what you mean, I finally have more energy, I never thought the day wouold come!

I also got my downs blood results back...1:6100, I am thrilled with that so I won't be having any further tests.

Has anyone started shopping yet, with my new burst of energy I thought I might make the most of it and start thinking about the nursery, really not sure what I need, nursery furniture is soooo expensive!!

Hope everyone is doing well x x

Hi Green...I hope this energy lasts...

I have not bought anything, but my DH has....

I used to foster so I already have some things. Yesterday I started going through what I already have, created an inventory of what I was keeping, and boxed up the items for donation.

My mother and sisters are demanding a registry so I need to get that done next now that the inventory is done, but so much has changed since my fostering days....I need more time.

I did manage to pick out artwork and furniture for the nursery, but that's it...

Those results are awesome... :wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:
I am so glad you don't have to do further testing...:thumbup:

Yay for the second trimester!! Not that I have had bad symptoms, but I'm happy for the rest of you!!

I bought my first maternity clothes, because they were half price in the sale. Hopefully I can put them away for a few weeks anyway...

Oooh....what did you buy?

My DH bought me some maternity outfits for Christmas, but I have not started wearing them yet.

Just a few tops - hopefully they'll do me under suits for work and casually on their own (not on their own, I do plan to wear bottoms too!!)

I was also looking at belly belts in the hope my suits would do me for longer, but they seem to get mixed reviews on Amazon. Does anyone have any experience with them?

I was also looking at belly belts in the hope my suits would do me for longer, but they seem to get mixed reviews on Amazon. Does anyone have any experience with them?

Yes...I'd like to know, too...

I did manage to pick out artwork and furniture for the nursery, but that's it...

Ohhh what have you picked? Do you have any photo's?

I bought 2 belly bands for £10 from Mothercare and I wore one on NYE over a satin skirt. It did keep riding up but it was satin, I plan to try them over other material. That said I wouldn't have been able to wear the skirt without it, it wasn't that annoying!!

Yeah.. I'm wearing maternity pants ... I bought 3 pairs, one pair of jeans and 2 pairs of dress pants for work. I also bought a couple of shirts and 1 sweater. A lot of my normal sweaters are still fitting so that's good!!! I never did try the belly band, I think my OH would freak he's always asking how tight my clothes are on my belly LOL

Nice Indigo!! I haven't done an inventory but yesterday I did start cleaning out the baby's room yesterday.. 2 bags of garbage, moved the double bed into my sons room... very tiring. We also have decided which crib we're going to buy so that's fun too. We're going to keep our eye on it and see if it goes on sale..

Well must get back to work!! have a great day ladies!!!

Hi, all. I am having the nuchal translucency scan tomorrow and having a panic attack over it. AGH!

Ahh sillygirls, no need to stress :) I know easier said than done, I was worried too, I just focused on the fact that i got to see the baby :) and for us it was the first ultrasound where the baby actually looked like a baby :)

Good luck!!

hey girls... just came to visit to report that my amnio results are normal and that we are expecting a baby GIRL!!! So happy..... Thanks for your support and advice.....

Great news Sadie...you are all finding out the sex so early, I have to wait until 20 weeks
ahhhh!

Congrats on your girl, Sadie! :thumbup:

Silly....the NT scan is the easy part....:flower:....FXed for a great outcome....

Green...

I am going to order every piece of this furniture collection, but we have not decided on cherry or espresso finish....

https://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/XGN.as...1609&So=0&PSO=0&CmCatId=searchresults&SelDim=

The artist is Elly Mackey and she sells prints on Etsy...

https://www.etsy.com/shop/theaterclouds

Next...I will register @ Carter's for 0-6 month clothes, linens, etc....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->