~ 2012 July Babies ~

Good luck on your scan tommorrow Greenfingers.

Indigo there are safe meds, they are actually specifically for morning sickness. I find they take the edge off but don't get rid of it all together. I myself don't actually vomit, but I have all day nauseau. I was sick the entire 9 months last time, but it's all worth it. I've been finding that small frequent meals and carbs seem to be my best friend... The drug that they prescribe here in Canada is Diclectin.

No natural birth for me... I'll be a scheduled c-section. I tried to deliver natural last time and ended up sectioning after 14 hrs of labour.

Good luck to all the ladies and hope you're all feeling better soon!!

H & H 9 months!!!

Kim

Ladies, moan all you want. We aren't in the TTC section! Say what you wish here.
Peacebaby, I'm glad you want to go natural. Maybe you can answer questions for me. I can also go to the right board and ask questions there. I told my DH last night that I want to go natural and he shuddered. I explained why and he was a little more understanding. We discussed a little about midwife vs doctor and he wants a doctor. I understand that and I'm ok with that as long as my doctor will be supportive of my choices. I tried to research the hospital and the doctor group that was recommended to me by my GYN and a friend of mine but I can't find anything.
I'm so afraid of gaining weight. I was on a low carb diet until I got my BFP and had done a really good job losing weight. I got within 7 pounds of my goal weight. I read a little bit about low carb being bad for the baby so I stopped that and I've already gained 2 pounds :( I wish I could get into the doctor and ask these questions but I have the feeling they will just agree with what I've read. My baby is definitely more important, but I've worked so hard to get those pounds off. I know you're not supposed to gainemore than 4-5 the first trimester. I'm terrified that I'm going to get huge. I try to exercise everyday. I was just starting to run a couple of weeks before my BFP, but I don't feel that I was safely conditioned enough to continue that while preggers. So now I walk. I feel terrible being vain, I'm just being honest. I wish I didn't have to eat carbs.
Maybe MS will hit me soon and I won't want to eat anything? I should bite my tounge right?
I'm so glad our little group is getting so big!!!!! Thanks for joining!!!

Viking I totally understand the weight gain thing! I am currently 120 lbs lighter than when i had my son and it was hard work getting back to this weight. I too was eating very few carbs, but now that seems to be all that curbs the morning sickness. I don't think it's vain, and to be honest I think an awareness is a good thing. My last pregnancy I was not aware at all about what was good for me and what wasn't which is part of why I gained over 100 lbs. My OH and I have been strategizing about ways for me to get the nutrients without it being just carbs. Last night I had spaghetti and purreed a whole bunch of veggies in the sauce just so I would get them.

I actually told my OH that his job is to make sure that I don't gain 100lbs... I know my body is going to gain what it needs, and it will likely be about 60 lbs, but I'm going to be more conscious this time... staying active is key good for you!!! and good for you too for loosing the weight pre-pregnancy, it'll make it easier for you to loose it after. That's what I'm hoping anyways :) I'm about 25 - 30 lbs lighter at the beginning of my pregnancy as compared to last time.

I too have gained 2 lbs so far.

Kim

Kim, I'm glad you understand where I'm coming from. I've had a lifelong struggle with my weight. In the last two years I've lost 45 pounds. I gained and lost 20 of this pounds twice. It's a real struggle for me to stay lean. And I'm not even lean. I'm still in the overweight category for BMI. But I was really pleased with my progress. It wasn't easy to get there.

indigo, sorry about the MS. I've also been told small regular meals help, apparently the MS is linked to low blood sugar, so the longer you don't eat something the worse it gets. Also have you tried ginger sweets? they're supposed to be good too. I'm about 2 wks behind you so I'm expecting it to hit me soon :nope:
yikes, I can't believe home births are illegal, which state is that, if you don't mind me asking? Here they seem to be encouraging it,probably because it takes the burden off the hospital.

viking, I don't think its vain, I'm worried too. I've read that lots of protein is healthy too, so maybe try to keep carbs for the day time only and dinner can be more protein?

good luck with the scan greenfingers.

July 19th for us! My daughtr who is July 17th is so excited she is 13 and praying the baby comes on her birthday. Im so sorry to hear about the mc hang in there hun it will happen for you. Best wishes and hugs.

Greenfingers good luck for your scan tomorrow - hope you don't get the nurse I did!

I've got a private scan tomorrow :)

Greenfingers good luck for your scan tomorrow - hope you don't get the nurse I did!

I've got a private scan tomorrow :)

Oh really....don't tell me I am nervous enough!

Good luck for your scan too....where are you going for that? I was thinking of paying for another as I am not sure I can wait till 12 weeks after tomorrow.

I'm going to Leamington Spa - only £60! Will let you know if any good! I'll defo be having one or two more!

I know we're supposed to be grateful for pregnancy symptoms, but...really? :sick: :haha:

As efficient as the human body tends to be, morning sickness seems ridiculously counter-productive. You'd think the body would be working to keep all the nutrients in.

But no. :growlmad:

On the upside, I know what partially-digested KFC looks like, now! :D

I'm due July 16; on FIL's birthday, 2 days before my birthday and 8 days after hubby's.:haha:

I know we're supposed to be grateful for pregnancy symptoms, but...really? :sick: :haha:

As efficient as the human body tends to be, morning sickness seems ridiculously counter-productive. You'd think the body would be working to keep all the nutrients in.

KFC?.....You are very brave...:haha::haha::haha:

Who mentioned ginger? :blush: The ginger just made me vomit about 10 minutes ago....:haha:

KFC?.....You are very brave...:haha::haha::haha:

Who mentioned ginger? :blush: The ginger just made me vomit about 10 minutes ago....:haha:

haha sorry.. not laughing at you but I've heard that ginger root was really good and I've been debating getting some... now I"m rethinking LOL

I tried ginger gum, crystalized ginger, and ginger candy.....:sick::haha:

Urghhh the thought of KFC .... Shudder!!!

Ginger biscuits work for me...sorry Indigo for the ginger mention again!

I'm so afraid of gaining weight. I was on a low carb diet until I got my BFP and had done a really good job losing weight. I got within 7 pounds of my goal weight. I read a little bit about low carb being bad for the baby so I stopped that and I've already gained 2 pounds :( I wish I could get into the doctor and ask these questions but I have the feeling they will just agree with what I've read. My baby is definitely more important, but I've worked so hard to get those pounds off. I know you're not supposed to gainemore than 4-5 the first trimester. I'm terrified that I'm going to get huge. I try to exercise everyday. I was just starting to run a couple of weeks before my BFP, but I don't feel that I was safely conditioned enough to continue that while preggers. So now I walk. I feel terrible being vain, I'm just being honest. I wish I didn't have to eat carbs.
Maybe MS will hit me soon and I won't want to eat anything? I should bite my tounge right?
I'm so glad our little group is getting so big!!!!! Thanks for joining!!!

This may sound strange, but I don't give a shit about weight gain. :shrug::haha:

At this rate though, I would not be surprised if I have lost weight since getting knocked up....:sick::blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->