~ 2012 July Babies ~

I had a 5.5 wk scan because my hcg started low and I had cramps on my left side so they wanted to rule out an ectopic. My clinic then automatically schedules a 7wk ultrasound for all patients. Just an fyi...

I'm going for my 3rd early scan today - I had a free NHS one at 5w4d as it was a surprise natural pregnancy inbetween all my fertility treatment and I have to take meds. I saw sac, yolk sac, fetal pole and heartbeat. THis was hugely reassuring as I've had two MCs and never saw this much before.
The second scan we paid for at 6w6d. I wanted this as my last MC was at 7weeks and also because the other scan was so early I wanted to confirm all we'd seen. The picture was loads clearer and baby had grown loads and the heartbeat was strong and we could listen to it.
I'm going for one today at 8weeks because I can't wait 3 weeks until my next NHS one at 10weeks. At 8weeks the MC rate drops to 2%. I've also been ill and have a UTI. It's all reassurance and delight at seeing baby. Also the private clinic we go to only charge £60 for the early scans.

I would say if you can wait - wait. If not and you have the money - get the scan! :)

The only reason we are thinking about it is that the first NHS one will be after Christmas, and if we saw the heartbeat prior to Christmas we would feel more comfortable telling people over Christmas. Basically we're going to have to tell people then anyway (no-one gets away with not drinking over Christmas without a GOOD excuse!) but we just want to be sure of our ground first.

It depends how much it costs anyway - I wouldn't pay 100's of £s for it.

I can say it was HUGELY reassuring to see a heartbet at my 7 week scan and I have been much more relaxed about the pregnancy since.

Good luck today Tansey x x

i had a scan at 6 wks + 1 day to date the pregnancy, we saw the heartbeat and it was amazing!!! i have a 21 - 23 day cycle and the earlier the scan the more accurate the dating, before the baby starts to curl :) then i had spotting last weekend at 7wks + 2 days so the sent me for an ultrasound yesterday to be sure, again baby was fine and the heartbeat was even stronger.. it`s sooo reassuring!! i say if you have the money go for it!!!

Since I haven't had many symptoms I am really looking forward to a scan. Otherwise this isn't feeling real yet. I was expecting the MS to start this week, but so far I've been good. :shrug: Is there really anything in there? Only 10 more days until my scan, but who's counting. I actually just woke up extra early from a dream about meeting the doctors in the group that was recommended to me. I am trying to decide whether to go with a MW or an OB, and was researching that last night before going to sleep.

Tansey, 5w4d is really early for fetal pole and heartbeat...you must have been so relieved! I was soo hoping to see a fetal pole yesterday but very glad we saw the yolk sac. While I am 5 wks 5 days based on LMP, I actually ovulated late that cycle (we were using OPKs) which I have heard can be common with Clomid. So, I guess I would have been closer to 5w2d. I am hoping....

I've had some spotting this week so I'm going for an early scan tomorrow at 7w0d exactly. I'm really scared -- I don't have very good associations with scans so far.

Havmercy...how far along are you? I am the same...sore boobies and very tired in the evening. We are lucky ladies that is for sure!!

Would you all hate me if I said I don't get morning sickness? :flower: Well at least for my first three pregnancies. This one I am a tad queasy but nothing compared to you ladies. So I won't complain about it. Hope you all are feeling better soon!

xoxo
Marisa

I haven't had morning sickness either.:thumbup: Only sore boobs and extremely sleepy. I haven't had a lot of cravings. I do feel a little bloated though. My HCG levels have gone up each visit HCG#1-410, HCG#2- 939, HCG#3- 5,133. i'm due for an ultrasound next week. I can't wait to see my regular obgyn. I was seeing an RE, but got pregnant on my own. The Re hasn't been very helpful in offering any tips or information concerning our pregnancy. We haven't told any family yet only my job knows. I'm afraid of having a miscarriage since I've read about so many women having them...and molar pregnancies.

Nov. 24th makes 6 weeks for me according to the schedule I have been keeping.:shrug: I will find out for sure when I have my ultrasound Nov 30th.

I had a 5.5 wk scan because my hcg started low and I had cramps on my left side so they wanted to rule out an ectopic. My clinic then automatically schedules a 7wk ultrasound for all patients. Just an fyi...

Congratulations! I was diagnosed with DOR and conceived naturally. My FSH is 15.9 and AMH .16 It makes me feel so much better to see other women in this forum with my same diagnoses. My husband had morphology and motility issues too. After taking L-carnitine, mega men, and vitamin C his sperm improved drastically. Keep me posted on your progess in the pregnancy, I'd love to compare notes. Are you a little nervous? I am since my RE told me donor egg was my only option.

Congratulations! I was diagnosed with DOR and conceived naturally. My FSH is 15.9 and AMH .16 It makes me feel so much better to see other women in this forum with my same diagnoses. My husband had morphology and motility issues too. After taking L-carnitine, mega men, and vitamin C his sperm improved drastically. Keep me posted on your progess in the pregnancy, I'd love to compare notes. Are you a little nervous? I am since my RE told me donor egg was my only option.

Havmercy, Thank you for your kind thoughts! We were told that between my husband's fertility issues (only 4.5-5.5M post wash count) and my diagnosis that we had less than a 1% chance of conceiving even via IUI. So, after our first iui, we went straight to ivf and it failed twice and they said donor eggs would be our only option. But, our insurance coverage was over at that point and donor eggs are so expensive. We gave up and started discussing adoption again (we adopted our second daughter). This was a huge huge shocker for us. I am very nervous...I feel like this is a miracle and our only shot. It isn't likely that I would get pregnant again. Did you do any ivfs? Congratulations to you!! I also appreciate "meeting" someone with a similar background :) Please keep me posted as well.

Hi ladies, can I jump in here too? Hubby and I finally had our 1st appt. We are due july16th

Congrats bubbywings! I can't wait for my first appointment in a couple of weeks! Any advice or information for the first one??

Congratulation to all the new ladies - hey bubblewings you got your BFP 11/11/11 - very cool !

How's everyone doing?

I'm 9 weeks today and feel very nauseous this morning, no sickness yet, does this mean I have got away with it I wonder????

Green & everyone else with no MS.....you're very lucky....:growlmad::haha:

:wave: and :hug: ladies!

Viking...If I had a choice, I would definitely go with a midwife....but I don't :growlmad:

:hi: Storm!

Yesterday's appointment went well. Hearing and seeing the heartbeat is incredible and unforgettable. My DH even got choked up, and he's usually pretty stoic. The peanut measured 8 weeks 5 days....

For those of you still waiting for your first scan, you are in for an awesome experience. Prepare to fall in love.

https://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j456/Indigo77/b9dc0341.jpg

We want to buy something for the baby after each appointment, but the appt was so loooooong and I was so tired, we went home after going out for an early dinner. So, we still need to go shopping.

Anyone else crazy tired all the time?

Indigo! There you are! I've been worried about you. Your scan experience sounds incredible! I can't wait. I love your idea of buying something after each scan. I still haven't purchased a thing. I'm still scared. I haven't had really any symptoms. I will have a moment of what I think is nausea and then it will evaporate. Not what I was expecting at all since my mother tells us horror stories about her MS and how she lost weight during both of her pregnancies. I wouldn't mind losing a little weight :haha:
I have my scan in a week. This has felt like the longest month of my life. My DH isn't sure he will be able to go. He started a new job about two weeks ago and doesn't really feel comfortable asking for the time off. I think he will regret it if he doesn't try to go. I will be sad if he doesn't go. But after almost six months of unemployment I will just have to suck it up. Maybe I'll try to take some video on my phone of the heartbeat. I hope there is one!
Green, you haven't had any MS either? It's a little disconcerting. Weird to not go thru what the majority of women do. I guess we are just lucky.
Now where is SuperAwesome?
I hope everyone is doing well. I suppose we are all just biding our time until our scans. Thanks for posting yours Indigo.

We've decided to go for a private scan, because our NHS scan won't be til after Christmas. We wanted to tell people at Christmas (Actually, to be more correct, we NEED to tell people at Christmas - 'cos as soon as they see I'm not drinking they'll guess!!) and I don't feel comfortable telling them until I've had a scan. So we're booked in for the 12 December.

The only think we've bought so far is a beautiful pregnancy journal that DH bought for me. Haven't actually managed to write anything in it - it still feels like tempting fate!!

Indigo - I have been tired, but I'm normally tired after work anyway. I have fallen asleep on the couch a couple of evenings, which isn't like me!

Conina - I'm in the same boat as you as far as telling people. I was scared when I had to reschedule my appointment that it would be after xmas and like you, we want to have the scan to know everything is okay before we tell our parents. But our families would be very suspicious if I wasn't drinking. Thanksgiving was very hard for me since we knew then. Our appointment is the 16th of December. I'm so excited but these next weeks are going to drag.

Indigo - I'm really tired too. I can't make it past 9:30 every night and then sleep for 10 hours. Of course I wake up to pee, but then it's right back to sleep. Very unlike me. I can fall asleep, but can't stay asleep. Usually after about 3-4 hours, I toss and turn. I hope it gets better for 2nd trimester.

all of our friends and family know we have been ttc and not drinking has been part of that so we won't have to explain anything but we are all gathering for a christmas eve party and if all is good at the scan next week we probably will tell everyone as they have all been on this journey of highs and lows with us.

Those that aren't wanting to tell just say you have a tooth ache and on antibiotics!

Still no big symptoms for me here, just super super tired, I feel like crying when I take my bra off at the end of the day sooooo painful and a general yucky feeling occasionally but definitely not nausea or sick, I wish I had stronger symptoms cos I am so scared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->