2012 TTC chat

Hello Smiler,I was just thinking of..just feeling the way am feeling made me wonder how u must feel.Whatever happened to ur home birth?still on?and the shopping?i hope u got everything u need for the baby.Sorry u rnt getting enough sleep,u r almost there..can't wait to meet ur lito boy.

Sunshine,hope u bloodwork comes out good,I remember how not enjoyable those waits can be..I don't miss those.

This was just a quick check on u girls,way too lazy or tired to do anything nowdays.
Xx

Ah Mmleo sorry you are so tired too! I keep thinking to myself how the heck am I going to go through this again in a couple of years with a toddler?? I don't know how you have the energy. I must be a bit of a wuss :)

Well I don't know what is going on with home birth :( I just had another phone call from a different MW as she wasn't sure if I'd been told my latest results. I have been, I know my iron is 10.9 and they want it at 11. But she started saying how really it needs to be as much over 11 as possible...of course I understand the higher the better, but she was making it sound like even if I do make it to 11 they won't let me have a home birth so I'm really annoyed. The last MW I saw agreed wtih me that iron tablets are not as good as liquid iron, but this MW said the exact opposite. She was also making out that with low iron I WILL bleed a lot after birth but I'm not sure that's right - I think if you happen to bleed a lot after birth, low iron will make it harder for you to recover, but it won't make you bleed more. But I agreed I will go to the hospital tomorrow and pick up a box of iron tablets and take one every other day to see if it gives me the extra boost I need.

I'm just so annoyed - I totally appreciate they need to make you aware of the risks and they wouldn't be doing their job properly if they didn't inform you. But it's just the way they speak to me just really makes me feel like they're all against home birth and would really rather I gave up on the idea :( :(

Oh Smiler I am sorry to hear that. I hope everything works out. It is frustrating when you feel like you aren't receiving the support you want. You may have to be blunt with them and tell them a home birth is what you want and you would like to follow through with it.

Mmleo I am sorry you are feeling so tired. Not too much longer :)

My test results came back ok so that was good news. I am anxious for my scan on Tuesday

Hey ladies:hi:
I can't believe it is only a few days to go Smiler..!very few days!how are you doing?Ur iron levels?home birth?and all the preparations?I hope u r doing well considering.

I have to say I was so tired too and having strange cravings like soil/clay,when I googled I found out that I could be low in Iron,I got results that I didn't understand but went ahead and and took extra iron and am feeling much better!

And sunshine..how are coping with new pregnancy and two little ones at home?My son is almost driving me crazy at times!!Ever since we took him for our 32nd wk scan,he knows another baby is coming and he is got mixed feelings but mostly in a positive way.I really hope he'll love his brother..

Today was our photo shoot,we decided to have photos done professionally as a family and got to take my bump photos too,how am glad it is over...now I just hve to sit,relax and wait.Will be seeing my doc in two days,I might come out with the day of my csection.Will update

Haha a few days!! Arrrgghhh!!! My ticker is scaring me :D

Sunshine I'm so pleased your test results came back ok. And your scan is today!! Please do let us know how it went :hugs:

AFM have been away for a few days, hence not being very chatty! Just went down to my parents, was quite nice though I really struggled to sleep whilst there. I ended up on the sofa every night then when we got home I was so tired I went to bed at about 12 and didn't get up til 3pm!

Had another blood test yesterday, will get the results tomorrow so FX. But I saw my doc yesterday rather than MW, and she said she wouldn't be worried about my iron being just a tad low, she reckoned a home birth would be fine and it's just the MWs sticking rigidly to the rules and regulations. WHich is fair enough, I understand that but to be fussy over 0.1 does seem silly. Just hope my levels are way over 11 now so they can't argue!

Mmleo so you had blood tests for low iron too? What were the results? I never craved soil!!! That's crazy :D Glad you're feeling better tho x

Aw I am regretting not having some proper photos done. Are you pleased with yours Mmleo? I have a camera and tripod, will try to set up a shot myself in the garden and try to get at least one nice photo of the bump. All the photos I have up to now are slightly rubbish phone photos!

Wow Smiler it is getting so close! How are you feeling??

Mmleo your son will love the new baby. It will be an adjustment but I promise it will get better :)

Well ladies...... IT"S A BOY!!! Looks like we are all having boys :)

Hello!yeeeeee to boys for 3 of us!Congrats sunshine!
And happy to hear that u r going to get ur home birth smiler!!Cant wait for that day(ur day)actually,everything will go great!

I saw my doc tday,set the date for 9th sept,also said it was a good move to go for blood test n take extra iron..it was needed!I feel good abt that!

On Monday am definitely doing our bags,mine n the little one's...but I think for now we do ur countdown smiler!dont be scared(easier said ofcoz),I got a little scared when time came to set the date,kept pushing it away,as close to 40wks as possible bt dr won't let me...

How often do u get the braxton hicks smiler?
And sunshine,do u remember how often u got them at this stage?coz I think am getting them more than I did with my 1st or maybe I am more aware!?!

Congrats mmleo on setting the date, yay!!! I had the braxton hicks really bad with Lane to the point where i was hospitalized at 22 weeks to stop them. My uterus is very stubborn!! I am sure you are feeling them more this time around since your uterus has already been through this once :)

Smiler how is it going?

Hey ladies

how are we all? Things with me are ok, 39 weeks today! Argh! Still trying to get some work done - I really should be focussing but I just can't. If I could get my head down I could have it all done today but I'm being silly and letting the Internet distract me haha :)

Birth pool arrived this morning :) So later or tomorrow we're going to practice setting it up, make sure no parts are missing etc.

I'm getting really clumsy at the moment! Did that happen to you guys at the end? It's not even bump-related, it's just like my hands don't want to do what I want them to do and I keep dropping things and knocking stuff over. DH thinks it is hilarious but I'm finding it a bit annoying!

Mmleo did you get your bags done? And yay for setting a date! That's awesome! I'm not sure about braxton hicks, my bump definitely gets tighter but I thought they were only meant to last 30 - 60 seconds, my bump stays tighter longer than that! So I'm not sure if it's the baby just stretching out?!

Hi there!
My God u r getting soooo close smiler..only 7days to go!i feel like wishing u the best this early..I hve a feeling u will get even more distracted from now on...just wondering...something about the pool,do u set it up on THE day??

I understand the clumsiness..it happens to me all the time and it started at about 5months...I am so scared to touch or lift hot water/food when am with my son for fear of burning him or both of us..

I have the empty bags ready in my room,they were cleaned tday and to be packed tmoro.,got the paint for the nursery,by Monday next week I should be done.Had my nails done just in case i don't manage to clean my feet in the next few wks.

How r u doing sunshine?how is 19wks treating u?m/sickness?how is ur appetit?and ur weeks seem to by so much quicker than my ones...especially now that am counting days.
Stay well ladies xx

Wow Smiler so close! How exciting! So the home birth is a go? That's fabulous news. Get plenty of rest the next few days :)

Mmleo I am feeling pretty good, lots of energy lately. I can't believe you both are about to have beautiful bouncing boys!

Yep it's a go for home birth :) My doctor told me to get another blood test 10 days after my last one, but that's just a day before my next MW appt anyway so I'm just going to wait til then and the MW can do it. It's such a long way to the surgery I can't be bothered haha :) Honestly the smallest things tire me out so quickly these days am just trying to rest as much as possible now. And I FINISHED WORK YESTERDAY!! :happydance: :happydance: Lounging around on the sofa, lovely :D

That's so great you're feeling full of beans Sunshine :) I don't think I ever really got that, lol. Have you explained to Lane yet he's going to have another brother or sister? My sister broached the subject with her eldest and was told in no uncertain terms there cannot be another baby in the house unless it is a girl baby :rofl:

Mmleo yeah DH will set up the pool on the day. It'll take about 2 hours in total to blow it up then fill it but there should be plenty of time, assuming I don't have a really fast labour. How are you decorating the nursery?

Smiler are your progressing towards labor any? Any contractions or dilation? Sorry I'm probably being way too nosey :)

Tee hee no you're not being nosey at all :) no signs yet I don't think...my tummy keeps going hard and staying hard for a while, not sure what that is, really long braxton hicks maybe? Kind of hope he hangs on for another week or so, had yet another MW call me today and whinge about my iron levels. She said I could bleed a lot and be in serious trouble. Which is just not true, I am so annoyed!! If I bleed a lot it will be for some other reason, low iron does not make you bleed heavily it just means it's harder to recover. She wants me to sign a disclaimer now so I think all the fuss is just to make sure I don't sue them!! My doctor said I am fine and I trust my doc more, so trying not to get too stressed but the MWs are annoying me!!

I would be annoyed too, it does sound like they are just worried about liability issues. It sounds like you are starting to have some contractions :) I can't believe it's really time to meet your precious baby boy!

Madison turned 1 today :) I can't believe it! They grow so fast

Happy Bday Madison!they do grow fast!did u hve a big party?
I can't believe they making such a big deal...I hope it s coz they care not for other selfish reasons...
I think u should sign the piece of paper n do what u had planned..this isn't the time to stress.
I ve got ask..how long does ur tummy get hard for?i think u r meant to time them n how long apart...I get lots of those too,really hoping it is just practicing..n nothing more.I hv started to freak a lito...as I get closer.

U asked how am gonna decorate the nursery...just a nice fresh coat of paint...thinking cream or soft yellow,I ordered for some stick on butterflies to match the beddings,maybe matching curtains...let's c how much I'll be able to do.

I just had a braxton hick...lasted abt 30sec..let me google what's normal..xx

Aw happy first birthday Madison! Hope she had a great day xx

30 sec is bang on for Braxton hicks! They say 30-60 secs, which is why I get confused over my tightenings as they seem to last longer than that, and usually happen at night so I don't know if maybe it's to do with lying down and my belly just being weird!

Yeah I will sign the form, I know they're doing their job by telling me the guidelines etc but I feel a tiny bit bullied!!

Aww it must be fun to decorate. We rent atm.so can't do much, but I painted a cabinet with animals on it that was fun :)

Thank you both so much for the birthday wishes for Madison. We are having her birthday party next weekend when my husband is off work. How are you ladies feeling?

Aww first birthday parties must be so lovely I can't wait :)

No news from me, just hoping baby has dropped down a little. Not been kicked in the ribs today and no heartburn so here's hoping! I walked a lot yesterday and today so maybe that's the trick. For some reason I have 'Thursday!' in my mind so who knows...gut instinct or just wishful thinking, lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->