**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

Appt in just over an hour, starting to get nervous even though I'm pretty positive I know exactly what's going to happen. I need to find something to wear, I only have two good pairs of jeans and they're both dirty so I'll have to dig something else out but DH is in bed. He does snow removal so he was out all night last night, got home around 9am.

Good luck at your appointment!

For the past 2 weeks my chin has been so oily and gross and keeps breaking out – every time I finally get rid of one zit another magically appears. :growlmad: I bought some strong acne wipes (as in my chin is currently tingling and stinging) and hope they will help.

I feel like a hideous creature and sure hope this passes soon. Anyone else experiencing this “lovely” symptom?

For anyone not on the fb group I eventually lost bubs today.

I hope you don't mind me stalking obviously but obviously don't want to offend anyone by staying xxx

For the past 2 weeks my chin has been so oily and gross and keeps breaking out – every time I finally get rid of one zit another magically appears. :growlmad: I bought some strong acne wipes (as in my chin is currently tingling and stinging) and hope they will help.

I feel like a hideous creature and sure hope this passes soon. Anyone else experiencing this “lovely” symptom?

Yes! It's affecting my chin also...and between my boobs :growlmad: I was already busty and since being pregnant that has gotten worse.

I hope you don't mind me stalking obviously but obviously don't want to offend anyone by staying xxx

So very sorry :hugs: I don't think any of us would be offended if you stuck around! Thinking of you :flower:

My skin is actually finally starting to get better. It was horribly though.
Be carful with the acne stuff. A lot of acne stuff isn't pregnancy safe. I believe salicylic acid isn't pregnancy safe. I had to stop using my acne face wash because it had that in it. And you have to make sure to wash your face well after using any acne treatment so it doesn't stay on your skin very long.

So sorry for your loss.

My skin is actually finally starting to get better. It was horribly though.
Be carful with the acne stuff. A lot of acne stuff isn't pregnancy safe. I believe salicylic acid isn't pregnancy safe. I had to stop using my acne face wash because it had that in it. And you have to make sure to wash your face well after using any acne treatment so it doesn't stay on your skin very long.

So sorry for your loss.

Gah - and guess what I just spent 5 minutes scouring my chin with!! Thanks for the warning Kyla, I will stay away from that stuff from now on...

((Hugs)) wantingagirl, so sorry for your loss. :-( I certainly wouldn't be offended by you hanging around and can't imagine anyone else being offended either. Hope you get your sticky bean soon.

I'm not saying one way or the other is the answer, but I did a ton of research on salicylic acid before becoming pregnant. All of my skin care items contain it. Every actual study I read about said that because such a minimal amount is absorbed through the skin, and what is absorbed is metabolized immediately, there is no increased risk. I've read the same things about Benzoyl Peroxide. I guess it's just personal preference :)

I'm not saying one way or the other is the answer, but I did a ton of research on salicylic acid before becoming pregnant. All of my skin care items contain it. Every actual study I read about said that because such a minimal amount is absorbed through the skin, and what is absorbed is metabolized immediately, there is no increased risk. I've read the same things about Benzoyl Peroxide. I guess it's just personal preference :)

I just googled and that's what I read too.

I'm on my way to the doctor so I'll see what she has to say. Would be nice if I could keep using the anti-acne wipes...for the first time my latest chin zit isn't throbbing painfully.

I hear you on the boobs too...mine are almost as big now as when I was 35 lbs heavier. I wouldn't mind if they didn't hurt so much. My husband can't resist handling his "new fun bags" sometimes but even the gentlest touch makes me wince...and don't even get me started on jogging! I am seriously considering wearing 2 sports bras at a time.

My doctor said salicylic acid was a no-go so that's what I'm going by. I'd rather be safe than sorry. It does get absorbed through your skin so there's a chance it could get to the baby and that's more than I'm willing to risk. It's a personal choice. Thankfully my skin is finally starting to look better now with just soap.

My doctor said my OTC acne meds are perfectly fine. Said to stay away from the prescribed acne meds. And to not keep the washes on for more than a minute and to rinse thoroughly. I used it all throughout my daughter's pregnancy and using it this time as well. And I second the big boobs and acne... I'm up to a 36DD and my boobs are covered in zits, on and inbetween. Bleh!

Wantingagirl, I'm really sorry about your loss. Positive thoughts your way, hun! Xoxo

Don't judge me -- for dinner I had some applesauce, fish sticks and corn chex.....bad Kyla lol

Don't judge me -- for dinner I had some applesauce, fish sticks and corn chex.....bad Kyla lol

Ya know... fish sticks sound darn good right now! I just had frozen pizza and pretzel sticks. Haha

Healthy eating at its finest haha

Too much ms to even think about eating healthy! Lol though I did have baby carrots earlier today... with ranch dressing. Haha I told myself when my ms goes away then I'll drag my preggo behind to the gym and eat healthy.

I say the same thing. I eat what I can when I can. I have been adding more fruits tho which seem to be okay. Have a banana and an apple a day. It's the little things that help. Nausea seems to be lessening, but still there. Hopefully I'll feel better in a few weeks.

Appt wasn't bad, basic weight/BP/fill out forms. Pap smear, which was terribly uncomfortable, apparently my cervix is abnormally high and forward, she seriously couldn't get the speculum (Is that the right word?) positioned to even see it for a few moments. I got a bunch of brochures and a big huge book (that I already have a copy of from my last pregnancy, Lol) as well as two small sample bottles of a new anti-nausea med, Diclegis. It's enough for a 12-day supply, which takes me to 12 weeks and hopefully the nausea will be passing. She said it's basically Benadryl + vitB, you take two pills at night before bed (because it makes you sleepy, but she insists it will NOT knock me out). It's a category A, safe. She said it's really best for women who are nauseas, but not actually throwing up all the time, which is me this time. I'm going to try it tonight and see how things go tomorrow.

She also gave me a script for folic acid (said my otc prenatal didn't have enough) and because she couldn't find the HB with the dopplar (which I fully expected to happen, thanks, tilted uterus!), she ordered an u/s for TOMORROW!!

Excited and lucky, because it just so happens that they do u/s at the satellite office on Wednesdays so I don't have to drive to the hour away main office. I didn't know they did them at the satellite at all, last pregnancy the only one I had at this practice they scheduled it at the main. Hopefully all goes as expected tomorrow. :)

One odd thing, when I gave her my last period date and she used her little wheel thing to calculate the edd, she said Aug 3 but EVERY single due date calculator I've used had said Aug 1. I just said that was strange, the one I looked up said Aug 1 and she just said hmm.

Queen Queso glad you had a good appointment. I hope your ultrasound goes well tomorrow and you update us! That will be such a nice relief for you :)

As for what was on th dinner menu, I had a burger patty between 2 slices of bread with cheese and ranch dressing. Not the healthiest combo but this is the best my stomach has felt all day! Though it seems I have swapped my tummy ache for a head ache. Blah.
Told my boss today I am expecting. He was happy but sad because now he has to find a temp. And he will miss me he says !

My doctor said salicylic acid was a no-go so that's what I'm going by. I'd rather be safe than sorry. It does get absorbed through your skin so there's a chance it could get to the baby and that's more than I'm willing to risk. It's a personal choice. Thankfully my skin is finally starting to look better now with just soap.

My doctor agrees with yours, so from now on it will be soap and water for me too.

P.S. Would you mind adding me to the front page when you have a moment? Doctor says my due date is August 4, not 2 days earlier as I originally thought...so I'm exactly 10 weeks today. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->