**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

here's the names of the other tests-

Natera's Panorama test offers a safe, non-invasive, accurate alternative to prenatal screenings such as Verifi®, Harmony™, MaterniT21™, NIFTY, quad screening and both sequential and integrated serum screening.

Clinical data published in Prenatal Diagnosis shows that Panorama has greater than 99% combined accuracy when screening for Trisomy 21 (Down syndrome), Trisomy 18 (Edwards syndrome), Patau syndrome (T13) and Monosomy X (Turner syndrome), and is the only non-invasive prenatal screening test that can accurately detect triploidy.

Panorama now can also screen for several microdeletions, including 22q11.2 deletion syndrome, also known as DiGeorge syndrome.

Pretty sure I'm getting the panorama test too but because of the stupid laws in Canada they won't be allowed to tell me the gender until 20 weeks or something. :-/
Ugh, really? I know the ultrasound techs can't tell you anything but do you really have to wait until 20 weeks?

I grew up in the US so I'm stumbling around and learning as I go when it comes to things in Canada. :shrug: I haven't had a spec of actual care so I'm chomping at the bit to get SOMETHING done as soon as I am well enough to leave my bed!

Strange question - do any of you ladies end up feeling achy and flu-ish at the end of the day? I haven't had much ms, but at the end of the day, I feel as if I have the flu. Achy, tired, a little nausea, cold. It's weird. Maybe that's my form of ms?! I'm also having insane dreams. Every night. Every nap. Since my BFP. It leaves me exhausted and feeling totally unrested. This pregnancy is weirding me out!!!

I've been flu-ish all day every day since my MS picked up. I actually kept taking my temperature because I swore I was actually sick with the crazy aches!

Ugh, so crazy!!! Makes it so hard to take care of my toddler. It doesn't help that's it's snowing and -5 degrees here, so I can't go out for fresh air! Booo....roll on 2nd tri!!!!

Pretty sure I'm getting the panorama test too but because of the stupid laws in Canada they won't be allowed to tell me the gender until 20 weeks or something. :-/
Ugh, really? I know the ultrasound techs can't tell you anything but do you really have to wait until 20 weeks?

I grew up in the US so I'm stumbling around and learning as I go when it comes to things in Canada. :shrug: I haven't had a spec of actual care so I'm chomping at the bit to get SOMETHING done as soon as I am well enough to leave my bed!

I'm pretty sure it's 20 weeks (or something equally ridiculous) but I plan to ask the doctor at my appointment tomorrow, so I'll keep you posted!

I know what you mean about not getting any care - I was initially booked for my FIRST doctor's appointment on January 21st, and by first I don't mean my first scan, but the appointment where they ask you about your family history and refer you for bloodwork. By the 21st I'll be more than 12 weeks along - I am not a patient person by any stretch of the imagination so I changed doctors (one luxury of free healthcare).

I managed to get in for an u/s at 7 w 2 d but I have a feeling this isn't typical - my cycles are completely whack and we weren't trying, so I was able to get in for an early scan on the grounds that I had no clue when my last period was.

I've lived in Canada my whole life but this is my first pregnancy so I'm pretty clueless myself, but I'll be sure to share any info I come across. Once we tell the world (after 12 weeks) I should be privy to a wealth of information. :)

To the 'older mums' the reason 35 is the cut off age is bc once you cross the 35 mark your chances of having a baby with down syndrome goes up to 1/1000 and doctors want to be more careful and get all the genetic testing done.
I'm only 26 but my partner is a tay sachs carrier and since we're both jewish it's a 1/30 chance I'm a carrier too so I just had all possible genetic testing and waiting on results hopefully next week...

Strange question - do any of you ladies end up feeling achy and flu-ish at the end of the day? I haven't had much ms, but at the end of the day, I feel as if I have the flu. Achy, tired, a little nausea, cold. It's weird. Maybe that's my form of ms?! I'm also having insane dreams. Every night. Every nap. Since my BFP. It leaves me exhausted and feeling totally unrested. This pregnancy is weirding me out!!!

Yup I feel horrible today, but I'm trucking through work.

Today is DH's 30th birthday!! And I have my WIC appointment tomorrow :D

Also I want the panorama not only to tell Gender, but because cerebral palsy runs in my family on my mom's side (my aunt and a cousin) and my dad's mother has some kind of mental handicap but we have no idea what it is, but we know that she has the mind of a child and cannot write either - except her name.

Wow did I miss a bit load today!
I was MIA for my proper appointment, the standard run down, but got to get really in depth with my OB about all this new genetic testing and starting talking vbac a bit too. So she said the first test was maternity 21, which you do need to be 35 for, but that you do not need to be 35 to get the harmony test. I asked her about panorama and she wasn't familiar. I've compared the two this evening and I think panorama tests for more abnormalities so I'm calling my insurance tomorrow to see what the costs will be for me and to make sure they go towards my deductible.
A few things of note were:
1- doing this test replaces the 12 week scan (so more accurate results but lose a scan)
2- she said this is the biggest improvement in OB care since the invention of the Pap smear

You can't get the test and the ultrasound? I did the panorama test last week and am still having a 12 week NT ultrasound. Not sure why, but the NT doesn't only measure the risk of Down syndrome but other chromosomal abnormalities and major congenital heart defects which the tests don't screen for. Id still push for the ultrasound.

10 weeks today!!!
Crazy thinking 25%of this pregnancy has already gone by.

Hi ladies. Regular OB appointment today. It snowed like crazy and it's freezing outside so making the hubby get up early for work to prep both cars. Mine keeps getting a minor flat in the back so thinking the tire has a rim leak so dh is taking that car today, just need to fill it with air.

Definitely going to ask about panorama test today.

Anyone else having a horrible time sleeping at night? I keep having vivid dreams and then I wake up after each one. I keep tossing and turning all night and my hips hurt so bad when I sleep that I end up waking up on my back bc that's the only position that feels comfy. Can't do that anymore in a few weeks, though. It's 5:30am here and I'm laying on the couch bc it's way more comfy now than my bed. I'm miserable.

Yesterday couldn't keep liquids down. Every time I'd drink something I'd run to the bathroom to throw up. Thinking my ms is starting to peak. Hopefully in a few weeks it'll go away completely! I'm just a miserable wreck over here.

I can't sleep either greats. I have to take Benadryl and even that most times does nothing whereas prepregnancy it knocked me on my ass. I have a horrible time getting to sleep and staying asleep and going back to sleep. Most days I'm running on 4 or so hours which is just not enough for me. I'm so tired but just can't sleep.

Has anyone tried taking Doxylamine for insomnia. It's actually prescribed for morning sickness in the 1st trimester, but prepregnancy, I used it as an sleep aid. I tried a quarter of a tablet last week, because I was really miserable staying awake till 5am. Worked like charm.

I feel the same way too JT. Pregnant and looking after my toddler (who has not been sleeping well for the past three nights) is doing a number on me right now, so tired :sleep:

Kyla's congrats on reaching 10 weeks, very exciting!

Sorry you're feeling so I'll Greats, I hope MS eases up for you soon :hugs:

Yeah in Canada we aren't offered any of the testing you ladies are discussing; at least that I'm aware of. There is IBS testing that you can get, which identifies if your baby is at risk for certain conditions, which involves blood work and a scan at around 12 weeks. Lavender you're right, you won't find out gender until your 20 week ultrasound, unless you pay for a private scan before then.

Meant to add that some doctors will book for you for a dating ultrasound earlier if you ask, I have one on Saturday...I always book that with my doctor before I transfer to midwife care at 10 weeks.

Had my ob appointment... disappointed they didn't even want to try listening to the hb with the doppler. I'm so bummed! They also won't do panorama testing unless there are a certain # of genetic abnormalities in your family... I had to fill out a bunch of paperwork with family history. Super bummed!!!

They wouldn't prescribe me anything for ms, either. Not even zofran. She said to just take the unisom and b6 before bed.

12 week scan in exactly 2 weeks! Time is going to drag.

So far all my insurance calls are going quite poorly. I don't know if I'll be able to get any of these tests either. Harmony is now called informasq and the test is about $500 out of pocket and panorama is $795 for just 13,18,21 and gender. $995 for the additional tests. Going to call insurance back now to see if I can use these figures towards my deductible.
I'd also say thus officially means Kyla's doctor must be the most bad ass of all the OB's.

Appt in just over an hour, starting to get nervous even though I'm pretty positive I know exactly what's going to happen. I need to find something to wear, I only have two good pairs of jeans and they're both dirty so I'll have to dig something else out but DH is in bed. He does snow removal so he was out all night last night, got home around 9am.

So far all my insurance calls are going quite poorly. I don't know if I'll be able to get any of these tests either. Harmony is now called informasq and the test is about $500 out of pocket and panorama is $795 for just 13,18,21 and gender. $995 for the additional tests. Going to call insurance back now to see if I can use these figures towards my deductible.
I'd also say thus officially means Kyla's doctor must be the most bad ass of all the OB's.

Sorry your calls aren't going well. Those tests are so expensive!

:thumbup: she must be! I hope she is right and my insurance covers the rest because I don't have that kind of money right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->