**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

I'm typically acne prone and was just thinking the other day how my skin is looking good, considering I stopped using my usual soaps and creams and have all these hormones raging in me. Spoke too soon...yesterday, I noticed 3 blemishes on my chin and possibly a 4th on the horizon.

I have been using aveeno daily moisturizer (usual prepregnancy) and daily face scrub (used to use the aveeno clear complexion face wash). What are you all doing to get rid of the bumps faster? Or just dealing with it until they go away on their own? I'm hoping if I just wash my face regularly, it won't get too bad. Sometimes I get a little lazy before bed...

Yes my skin was looking great too until about a week and a half ago, LOL. Just when I was thinking, yay, no more PMS breakouts, WHAM, my chin erupted.

Since my doctor said no to acne wipes I'm washing my chin with soap and water whenever it feels oily (which is often).

Wanting and jtink I am so sorry for your losses.

I have been quietly lurking on here because most of you are weeks a head and experiencing different things. I think ms is creeping up on me though. It's been coming in waves and almost feels like motion sickness. With dd my sense of smell was ridiculous and it was setting me off but this feels totally different.
I have my scan tomorrow and am really nervous about it.

Oh jt jt jt! I'm so sorry. Is there any way you're just off on your dates? Biggest hugs. I had a yolk sac only scan with this pregnancy as I'm behind my lmp.

So now that the ms is easing up and I'm not nauseous 24/7 I seem to be hungry every 2 hours again like I was at the beginning..... Lost the weight these past few weeks that I gained in the beginning being so hungry all the time and now I'm gaining it back. Cruel cruel world lol

I did have a scrambled egg today though. Lots of protein! And a banana and a whole orange pepper :) Fruit and veggie. And had some oatmeal and chicken noodle soup. Grains, protein, veggies. Not horrible. Seems like so much though. And I have an apple for snack. Yay more fruits. And tonight is pasta night at my parents so I'll be there for that too. Not the healthiest, but I can never pass up pasta Wednesdays. My dog goes there during the day so I stay for dinner a lot. Who can pass up free food? Lol

I was crazy hungry throughout my entire pregnancy with dd and tried to eat healthy but also ate some garbage. I gained like 16 lbs by 15 weeks and 50 by 40 weeks. It was tough. I'm really hoping to not have that happen again this time around. Plus, I'm still carrying 15 lbs from the last pregnancy that I never shook off. Hoping to work out and eat well for the next 32 weeks!
Is anyone considering a vbac? I am and I'm feeling so overwhelmed by all the info out there.

I was crazy hungry throughout my entire pregnancy with dd and tried to eat healthy but also ate some garbage. I gained like 16 lbs by 15 weeks and 50 by 40 weeks. It was tough. I'm really hoping to not have that happen again this time around. Plus, I'm still carrying 15 lbs from the last pregnancy that I never shook off. Hoping to work out and eat well for the next 32 weeks!
Is anyone considering a vbac? I am and I'm feeling so overwhelmed by all the info out there.

Sass, I'm right there with you, we can support each other and try to keep each other on track re healthy eating and exercise. I did not exercise once during the holidays :blush:, am just getting back on track now.

Add me to the list of wannabe healthy eaters. I'm overweight to begin with so don't want to make matters worse by gaining too much. The holidays were horrible, I was so tired and so much junk food and eating out. The good news is according to my Dr's scale, I've only gained 1 lb since getting pregnant, but I feel bigger already. Wore my shorts unbuttoned most of the day this past weekend.

But back to work and my normal routine so I really want to focus on making good choices and not snacking on Oreos "just because I'm pregnant" :haha:

With you wonders- haven't gained anything yet but feeling so large in the tum and the bbs. Bizarre.
Love it mrs. Eddie. Can we talk lunch ideas? Prepregnancy I was always a turkey sandwich girl (easy cause dd loves turkey too). Now I'm struggling to figure out what to eat. Share her chicken nuggets? :(

Jtink I'm sorry. Message me if you need anything at all!! :Hugs:

My ms is mysteriously absent today which really has me worried. On top of that I have a splitting headache.

Mine is getting much less lately greats. I think it's because our placentas are starting to take over so the ms eases up.

I'm so sorry jtink. Take care of yourself.

So who else on here has taken Diclegis? I didn't sleep a wink on it and woke up feeling like a ton of bricks hit me.

I took it for the first time last night. The cnm cautioned me that the reason they have you take it at night is because it makes you sleepy. I do feel tired, but I can't decide it it's the medication or that I only had like 6 1/2 hrs last night (not the medicine, for sure, I stayed up too late before taking it and then had to get up early to get my oldest on the school bus) and only 7 the night before. It really, really knocked out my nausea, but I have a funny/bad taste in my mouth and drymouth. Do you have that?

I'm really pro-vbac and would love to be having a vba2c this time, but I don't feel comfortable doing that as a homebirth (I've never gone into labor before, how would I be able to tell if something was wrong?), but if I was able to do it in a hospital setting, I would in a heartbeat. I tried for a vbac last time, but most of the hosptals in my area don't allow it because of their malpractice insurance, so I wasn't able to 'shop around' for an OB like some women are. The only OB in my area who still does it AND who takes my insurance won't allow you to go more than 1 week overdue on a vbac (they allow 2 weeks otherwise) and they won't induce a vbac either (some OB's will induce vbacs, some will do things to try to jumpstart labor but won't use Pitocin).

AFM, I had my u/s this morning and it went well. I'm 10w4d, baby measured at 11w exactly. U/s tech said by the end of the day, the scan info will be sent to my OB's office and within a few days they'll have it reviewed so I'll know at my next apt whether or not they'll want to change my edd. I hope they don't, I know my dates because I was tracking and ttc, and I'm already worried about having to fight against an early cesarean as opposed to one on my edd. I don't want to bump it up even earlier!:wacko:

Any gender guesses? HB was at 155 and the tech said he couldn't be sure but the placenta may be that flattened off area on the lower right of the photo (I think that makes it on my left side, it was a transvaginal u/s, does anyone know for sure?). I have had a strong 'girl' gut feeling this whole time but as soon as the picture popped up on the screen, my gut said 'that's a boy'.

Attachments

• Baby#3.jpg
    Baby#3.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 9
Forgot to add, on the skin topic, my skin has been really, really dry. Like ugly flakey, dry, not just dry to the touch, my scalp and forehead, eyebrow area and legs/feet mostly. Well, yesterday out of the shower I decided to try some lotion, which I rarely do... And this morning I woke up broken out. I have at least 5 brand new spots, all on my chin and nose, and my eyebrow area is still flakey-gross.

Figures.

I'm so sorry jtink. Take care of yourself.

So who else on here has taken Diclegis? I didn't sleep a wink on it and woke up feeling like a ton of bricks hit me.

I took it for the first time last night. The cnm cautioned me that the reason they have you take it at night is because it makes you sleepy. I do feel tired, but I can't decide it it's the medication or that I only had like 6 1/2 hrs last night (not the medicine, for sure, I stayed up too late before taking it and then had to get up early to get my oldest on the school bus) and only 7 the night before. It really, really knocked out my nausea, but I have a funny/bad taste in my mouth and drymouth. Do you have that?

I'm really pro-vbac and would love to be having a vba2c this time, but I don't feel comfortable doing that as a homebirth (I've never gone into labor before, how would I be able to tell if something was wrong?), but if I was able to do it in a hospital setting, I would in a heartbeat. I tried for a vbac last time, but most of the hosptals in my area don't allow it because of their malpractice insurance, so I wasn't able to 'shop around' for an OB like some women are. The only OB in my area who still does it AND who takes my insurance won't allow you to go more than 1 week overdue on a vbac (they allow 2 weeks otherwise) and they won't induce a vbac either (some OB's will induce vbacs, some will do things to try to jumpstart labor but won't use Pitocin).

AFM, I had my u/s this morning and it went well. I'm 10w4d, baby measured at 11w exactly. U/s tech said by the end of the day, the scan info will be sent to my OB's office and within a few days they'll have it reviewed so I'll know at my next apt whether or not they'll want to change my edd. I hope they don't, I know my dates because I was tracking and ttc, and I'm already worried about having to fight against an early cesarean as opposed to one on my edd. I don't want to bump it up even earlier!:wacko:

Any gender guesses? HB was at 155 and the tech said he couldn't be sure but the placenta may be that flattened off area on the lower right of the photo (I think that makes it on my left side, it was a transvaginal u/s, does anyone know for sure?). I have had a strong 'girl' gut feeling this whole time but as soon as the picture popped up on the screen, my gut said 'that's a boy'.

Congrats on the great scan!

Unfortunately if you're going by the ramzi theory (where placenta implants determines gender theory) it only works between 6-8 weeks because after that the placenta moves. Super cute bub though :thumbup:

Unfortunately if you're going by the ramzi theory (where placenta implants determines gender theory) it only works between 6-8 weeks because after that the placenta moves. Super cute bub though :thumbup:

I didn't know there even was a placenta yet then, I thought it was only the yolk sac! I know (very generally) what the Ramzi theory is, but I don't remember which side is supposed to be which gender.

I'm familiar with the Ramzi theory but I'm confused by something. Last week, I had a scan and baby was on left, bottom side of screen. Today I had another and baby was more upper right? It was a different machine, maybe the wand was upside down or something?

Nice scan pic, queenqueso!!

I just get worried about my ms easing up so soon. It lasted full on until 14 weeks with dd. I'm just having food aversions today. I think all these losses our group is experiencing is really scaring me.

wonders, were they both abdominal? I don't really know, but I see posts that one of the views (abdominal or transvaginal) is really a mirror image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->