**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

Finally got the DNa back. We're all clear on 13, 18 and 21. And it's a girl. We're in shock!

Wow sass many many congrats team pink is growing in numbers!!

Just wanted to update and let you know our angel boy got his wings on Wednesday, February 4th.

Interestingly on the day he passed, before we knew, DH and I finally accepted that he was way too sick to survive and that there would be no miracle.

The following day we went to listen to his heart on the doppler and there was only silence. It was confirmed at the hospital the following day. His bladder continued to grow until it crushed his chest and stopped his heart.

Our boy (we named him Stanley Thomas) was born sleeping last night at 10:45 PM at the hospital.

He was so sick it's amazing he survived until his second trimester. We're glad he's no longer a prisoner of his broken body and that he's in heaven with DH's dad and our grandparents.

Hope you ladies have wonderful pregnancies and beautiful, happy healthy babies.

I am so very sorry, fit_mama. Many hugs to you, dear. Love to sweet angel Stanley Thomas. :hugs:

Finally got the DNa back. We're all clear on 13, 18 and 21. And it's a girl. We're in shock!

Congrats, sass!

Yay for hearing the heartbeat Mrs. Eddie. Aug 18th makes us dd buddies! :thumbup:

I don't have much to report baby related. Starting to notice a small bump this last week. Finally caved and went to buy new bras. Triple D, yikes!! :eek: Appetite is slowly returning. Meat is getting slightly more appealing so that's helpful. Hope it sticks around! Got some nasty non-baby news today, though, from my mom and sister. DH was a sweetheart when I called to tell him, saying he knows it really sucks but that I need to try and keep my stress down. That hardly helps emotions, but it makes me love how much I could hear he cares about bub in such a simple statement. :cry: Don't want to be a complete downer, so crap news is in spoiler below for anyone who wants/needs to avoid. :winkwink:

My dad had to have a biopsy last week on his prostate. Unfortunately got his results this morning and it is cancer. Trying hard to look at the positive...they do feel they caught it early, before it had any chance to spread. It's days like today, though, that I just wish I was closer to home. Part of the hardest thing is this is his first grandbaby...which he has been awaiting and wishing for for years.

I don't have much to report baby related. Starting to notice a small bump this last week. Finally caved and went to buy new bras. Triple D, yikes!! :eek: Appetite is slowly returning. Meat is getting slightly more appealing so that's helpful. Hope it sticks around! Got some nasty non-baby news today, though, from my mom and sister. DH was a sweetheart when I called to tell him, saying he knows it really sucks but that I need to try and keep my stress down. That hardly helps emotions, but it makes me love how much I could hear he cares about bub in such a simple statement. :cry: Don't want to be a complete downer, so crap news is in spoiler below for anyone who wants/needs to avoid. :winkwink:

My dad had to have a biopsy last week on his prostate. Unfortunately got his results this morning and it is cancer. Trying hard to look at the positive...they do feel they caught it early, before it had any chance to spread. It's days like today, though, that I just wish I was closer to home. Part of the hardest thing is this is his first grandbaby...which he has been awaiting and wishing for for years.

I'm very sorry for your news. My grandfather had prostate cancer a couple of years ago. Luckily they caught it early and he had surgery and had been cancer free since. It's rough, but definitely treatable especially if they caught it early! :hugs:

Yay to being bump buddies Mrs. G! I am so sorry to hear your news, I can't imagine how tough that must be. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts. As you said, the fact that they have caught it early is very positive :hugs:

Pearly, glad that your scan gave you some positive news. I hope they clear the confusion soon re your next scan.

Congrats on a little girl Sass, awesome news!

I'm very sorry for your news. My grandfather had prostate cancer a couple of years ago. Luckily they caught it early and he had surgery and had been cancer free since. It's rough, but definitely treatable especially if they caught it early! :hugs:

So sorry to hear your news hun. My MIL had lumps found in her breast a few weeks ago which are cancerous, but were also found REALLY early so she is to get them removed on Wednesday and starts 4week course of radiotherapy. Doctors are confident that it is 100% curable. Thinking of you hun!:hugs:

Thanks for the positive thoughts, ladies. Really helps. Trying not to mope around the house lol. I hate feeling worthless. We have a showing at our house this afternoon so it's a good excuse to get out and get some fresh air and sunshine. Going to attempt a little walking at the park with the dogs. :thumbup:

Really sorry for the sad new mrs. G but it's so positive he was on top of it and caught it early. So many men just avoid doctors and let things slide. Medicene has evolved so much in terms of cancer that they should be able to treat it and eliminate it right away.

pearly - hope things get sorted out for you asap. sounds confusing!!!!

sass - yay for team pink! And great results on the trisonomies!

mrsg - :hug:

Not much on my end…counting hours until my NT scan on Thursday…I hate the waiting game!

Mrs G so sorry to hear hun but since it's an early caught m sure it will be completely treatable

Mrs chezek thanks so much hun and wishing u luck for your nt scan hun m sure it's gonna be great!

Well the confusion is sorted out I called nurse and she said go for 19 weeks no problem so I booked my appointment for 27 March for fetal echo but before that normal scan is on March 4th excited to see my bubb again

Fit mama, my heart aches for you, but you now have an amazing guardian angel looking over you and your dh!

MrsG I'm sorry to hear about your father, but glad it sounds like they caught it early!

Sass, congrats on the girl!

Afm, school is in full swing so dealing with babysitting, school, homework, and pregnancy has me running around like a chicken with its head cut off! Lol but it's helping pass the time.

Next week Tuesday is our early gender scan! Ahhhh so close!

Had to get one of my tires on my car replaced today as it had a nail in it. Husband's car was towed to the shop this morning. Will find out by noon tomorrow what's wrong with it and how much it's going to cost to repair. Stupid Chevrolet cars that break down so easily! Have only had it for 4.5 years and bought it brand new! Grrr.

Had an amazingly relaxing day yesterday. Got my hair cut and colored, got my nails done with my sister, got coffee and a late lunch with her as well.

Constipated again, but nothing is working! I've been drinking water and eating fruits like crazy which usually help.

MrsG - I'm happy that your hubby is showing he cares about your little nugget. And I'm sorry they found out your dad has cancer, but hopefully they can get rid of it!!

AFM - (posted this on fb too) Yesterday and through today I've been getting sharp pains that have me super worried - especially since I've never made it this far. Last night when I got up to get the door one of the pains was bad enough that it took me to my knees and I told DH to go get the door. Then last night when I went to sit up and take my shirt off (I was burning up) my back pain was so bad I could barely do it. And again this morning when I woke up the back pain. The cramping/sharp pain is still going on (it's 9:20am here on Tuesday) and at 0700 I tried to find the HB on my Doppler to ease my mind. I literally only use it once a week (Saturday), the morning I have an appointment or if I'm scared something is wrong - which this is the first time. And I couldn't find it anywhere. I scheduled an appointment at 1030 (another hour away... le sigh) so I'm hoping the doctor I'm seeing will find it on the Doppler or maybe give me an u/s. I'm trying to stay positive, but I'm really scared. This doesn't feel like the stretching twinges I get.

MrsG - I'm happy that your hubby is showing he cares about your little nugget. And I'm sorry they found out your dad has cancer, but hopefully they can get rid of it!!

AFM - (posted this on fb too) Yesterday and through today I've been getting sharp pains that have me super worried - especially since I've never made it this far. Last night when I got up to get the door one of the pains was bad enough that it took me to my knees and I told DH to go get the door. Then last night when I went to sit up and take my shirt off (I was burning up) my back pain was so bad I could barely do it. And again this morning when I woke up the back pain. The cramping/sharp pain is still going on (it's 9:20am here on Tuesday) and at 0700 I tried to find the HB on my Doppler to ease my mind. I literally only use it once a week (Saturday), the morning I have an appointment or if I'm scared something is wrong - which this is the first time. And I couldn't find it anywhere. I scheduled an appointment at 1030 (another hour away... le sigh) so I'm hoping the doctor I'm seeing will find it on the Doppler or maybe give me an u/s. I'm trying to stay positive, but I'm really scared. This doesn't feel like the stretching twinges I get.

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time hope everything checks out OK with baby fingers crossed for you!:hugs:

They found the HB. Whew. Turns out the little turd is about an inch under my belly button to the left side. They tested me for a UTI and everything is fine. And they want me to get a OMT massage from a doctor here on base. I'm feeling a lot better.

They found the HB. Whew. Turns out the little turd is about an inch under my belly button to the left side. They tested me for a UTI and everything is fine. And they want me to get a OMT massage from a doctor here on base. I'm feeling a lot better.

Such great news! So glad to hear...I'm glad the massage helped.

Greats - have you tried drinking a glass of Metamucil once a day? My doc suggested that last pregnancy and it really helped me. Also, some fruit constipates, like bananas! But kiwi, fresh apples, berries help.

Glad all is OK DSemcho, you must have been worried.

Pregnancy massages are awesome, I got them all through my last pregnancy and loved them, I actually have my first one scheduled for the end of this month :thumbup:

Greats sorry to hear about the cars and that you're still having problems with constipation. Have you tried prune juice? Gross but does work. Maybe you could add it to a smoothie or something so it wouldn't be as disgusting...

Glad everything is OK. Seriously these little ones like to scare us:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->