**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

I am so bored with winters too guys I m so waiting for summers to come which is only after. Like a month ugh I hate it

For sure this year is girls year many many congrats Jo and greats so glad to hear the news

Anyone going for spina bifida test which happens between week 16 and 18

I'll be getting it along with my anatomy scan a day before 18 weeks. But baby has consistently been a few days ahead. My OB didn't say it has to be done between 16-18 weeks but that it goes along with the anatomy ultrasound. Although maybe im having a different test. It's a blood test and tests for a bunch of spinal issues. Although I just had a 3d ultrasound and saw her spine in great detail and it looked great. All closed and no issues.

I'm doing IPS screening, which involves two blood tests and a scan. I had the scan at 12 weeks and the first blood work on the same day. I have too do my second test between 15-18 weeks I believe.

I believe the texting helps to determine if the baby might have any "abnormalities" in terms of its development.

Then I have an anatomy scan at 20 weeks!

Desemcho yes we will be trying for baby #3 probably late 2017/early 2018. My max is 3 kids so if we have another girl then oh well lol

Jo that is fantastic news!!!

I have a feeling my nausea is going to last all pregnancy. And this constipation... haven't gone properly in 6 days! Just rabbit pellets here and there. Going to brave drinking some prune juice later. Bleh!

I swear by benefiber greats. Dissolves completely in any liquid. No taste. I put a cpl spoonfuls in one water bottle a day and have no problem going. Beforehand I hadn't gone in three days. It's magic I swear.

Desemcho yes we will be trying for baby #3 probably late 2017/early 2018. My max is 3 kids so if we have another girl then oh well lol

Jo that is fantastic news!!!

I have a feeling my nausea is going to last all pregnancy. And this constipation... haven't gone properly in 6 days! Just rabbit pellets here and there. Going to brave drinking some prune juice later. Bleh!

Oh rabbit pellets! I know all about them lol. I have them here and there but as weird as it is, considering I have IBS, I have been going far more normal than I ever been. I think it's my diet.

AFM, I'm still sick and my insurance doesn't want to give me Diclegis and I ran out of samples so they gave me a generic version and it doesn't help much at all. It sucks.

I'm so jealous of everyone finding out the sex :(

For those who aren't on Facebook, we got our private scan today... And... IT'S A GIRL!!
Her name is River Harmony. <3

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 3
Beautiful name, kdear95!

We have names sorted but won't be revealing until they're here!

Sorry you're still feeling sick too Greats and Mrs. Hudson, that sucks..

Congrats on your little girl Kdear!

Does anyone else think their baby already has an attitude? Haha

So my OH is away on a business trio so I recorded using the doppler last night to send to her. Well, little miss was not having it. I'd hear her heartbeat loud and clear then she'd kick the probe and move away. I had to keep chasing her and each time the same thing. Then when I was done she was moving for a good 10-15 minutes. I'm convinced she was throwing a temper tantrum :haha: I made her mad by invading her space.

The ultrasound tech at our 3d ultrasound said that the doppler makes them hear their heartbeat and it excites them. But I think it made mine mad. She has a nice cozy space in there and suddenly there was a loud thumping. She was not amused.

For the snow count the city im in got the most snow in the entire country! 111 inches. And we're getting more today. Oh joy

16 weeks today! 2 weeks till our anatomy ultrasound! Can't wait to see her again :)

Are you the only city that got the 111 inches? A girl in my other baby club (Oct 2011, on another site) also lives in a city in Mass that got 111! I don't want to post the name because this forum is so public.

For those who aren't on Facebook, we got our private scan today... And... IT'S A GIRL!!

Congratulations!! River is our girl name too, love it!

For the snow count the city im in got the most snow in the entire country! 111 inches. And we're getting more today. Oh joy

16 weeks today! 2 weeks till our anatomy ultrasound! Can't wait to see her again :)

Are you the only city that got the 111 inches? A girl in my other baby club (Oct 2011, on another site) also lives in a city in Mass that got 111! I don't want to post the name because this forum is so public.

Yes, we are. She must live where I do as well. The next closest was also in Ma and got 106. Three of the top 6 were in Ma lol.

Does anyone else think their baby already has an attitude? Haha

So my OH is away on a business trio so I recorded using the doppler last night to send to her. Well, little miss was not having it. I'd hear her heartbeat loud and clear then she'd kick the probe and move away. I had to keep chasing her and each time the same thing. Then when I was done she was moving for a good 10-15 minutes. I'm convinced she was throwing a temper tantrum :haha: I made her mad by invading her space.

The ultrasound tech at our 3d ultrasound said that the doppler makes them hear their heartbeat and it excites them. But I think it made mine mad. She has a nice cozy space in there and suddenly there was a loud thumping. She was not amused.

Aww so cute I got my Doppler yesterday but tried for 10 minutes couldn't hear baby's heartbeat got really disappointed may be I am too early as it says after 14 weeks

Although I heard baby's heartbeat 2 days back in my usual ob gyn appointment so m relieved but really tempted to try again

Any tips guys how to find and how long should I keep trying??

As I am first time mom I haven't got any chance to experience any flutters or anything which makes me feel the baby m so sad by when will I be able to feel the baby

Congratulations!! River is our girl name too, love it!

Thank you!! River was our name either way. :)
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's a good name, lol.

As I am first time mom I haven't got any chance to experience any flutters or anything which makes me feel the baby m so sad by when will I be able to feel the baby

Don't be sad it's still so early especially if it's your first. It'll come I promise.

Don't worry Pearly, everyone feels baby move at different times. Some women have an anterior placenta which makes feeling movement happen a little later. I've heard anywhere between 14-20 weeks but it really depends since everyone's a little different. :)

Pearly don't worry, I didn't feel anything with my first pregnancy until 17-18 weeks and it was just a tiny nudge. Then a few days later it was stronger bc I knew what to feel for and then started seeing movements from the outside.

Happy to see everyone is doing well!! And WOW so many girls!! Hopefully we can battle the number down to even ;) lol

Not sure if I'm getting the spina bifida or not - I'll find out at my 17 week appointment. Also I'm hoping to con my doc into letting me see baby at my 17 week appointment (roughly 3 weeks before my anatomy scan), but I know it's not guaranteed. I'm hoping if he does it that baby is like "HERE!! LOOK AT MY GENITALS!!!!!"

Asked Dh again to get the private scan (3d/4d) at 17 weeks, but he got very angry and we got into a fight over it - so that's a no go. I don't want a circus themed baby shower!! (it's what my co workers are threatening me with)

Try not to worry Pearly, I didn't feel anything with Isla until 16 or 17 weeks. It is frustrating when you can't feel them to get that reassurance but honestly you don't have much longer to wait now :thumbup:

Kyla, this baby actually seems much calmer than Isla was. When we had our scan it was just sleeping with its feet crossed, slowly moving its hands around, so cute. Isla was flipping all over the place at our first scan, she also used to kick me all the time, (quite hard), especially if music was on (she was a big fan of Justin Timberlake's Mirrors song :haha:). Isla is quite a feisty little lady so hoping this means that I might have a calmer baby this time around (I can hope right??? :rofl: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->