**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

I didn't have to have a full bladder for any of my scans last time around and this time they made me hold my urine and it SUCKED. I was so uncomfortable the whole scan! They better let me pee for my 20 week...in fact, I plan to pee before I show up.

greats - we were supposed to do date night for a belated valentine's day/my bday dinner tomorrow night too! But the restaurant I really want to try has no openings. So we will call them again tomorrow to see if they have any cancellations and move it if we have to. We haven't had date night since our anniversary in July!

Wanted to knw about this place as we might be shifting there after baby

My husband lived there for 5 years and his parents still live there so we go visit when we can! And I'm from 2 hours south of it.

Awesome thanks dsemcho so how's the place is it good for living with kids and all?? And also my hubby gets a new project there I guess but I am planning to work too so how's it in terms of job

He said yea depending in where you live it should be fine. And for jobs, he's not sure because he had cook jobs before he enlisted.

They told me just to drink 8 oz of water on my way in to the anatomy scan, so I guess I'm somewhere in the middle?
Hope everyone's feeling better! I find I'm getting stuffed very easily theses days. It seems so early though.
Two days til we leave for our baby moon! Can't wait to get out of this cold!

They told me just to drink 8 oz of water on my way in to the anatomy scan, so I guess I'm somewhere in the middle?
Hope everyone's feeling better! I find I'm getting stuffed very easily theses days. It seems so early though.

I've been getting fuller quicker as well. Where are you going for your baby moon??

Week and a half until the anatomy scan!! So excited. Can't wait to see baby again. And NOT need a full bladder and be uncomfortable and therefor having a hard time enjoying seeing little miss. Yay! Also booked another 3d ultrasound for the weekend after mothers day. We will bring our mothers and grandmothers. Should be fun!

I'm jealous! When I booked my anatomy scan (not for another month), they made sure to tell me I need a full bladder :wacko:

They told me to drink a lot of water, but not as much as I did previously for my early scans.

Yay for baby moon! I haven't even started thinking about ours - we may do it in El Paso.

We're heading to the Dominican!

Ahhhhh have fun!!!! Can you send some warm weather to Chicago? Haha

So me and the hubby have reservations tonight at 7pm but I totally forgot I'm babysitting today! I'm hoping they can pick him up by 6:30 or we can drop him off by his aunt's house bc I really need this date night! Lol we're going bowling after as well so should be a fun night!

Feeling crampy this morning... Like AF cramps along with bad nausea. Haven't really done much this morning so not sure what is causing it? I'm laying down and drinking some water. It's all in the front and back. Wish my hubby wasn't at work as I could really use a nap right now :(

I still get the cramps too, Greats. Not as bad as earlier but they're definitely not comfy. I've been bad about drinking water as well since I'm trying to drink a ton in the morning and taper off in the evening so I don't wake up in the middle of the night to pee... easier said than done!

My stamina has been completely shot! I haven't been that busy either. I managed to score big on a stroller and playpen this week though... I wasn't even planning on starting this early, but holy cow a free stroller and a used playpen that was in practically new condition for cheap? I'll take em! :haha:

We're heading to the Dominican!

That's where we went on our first baby moon! It was fantastic. We're going to Cancun in April this time around. I *cannot* wait!!! I'm tired of the cold and snow and ice... :nope:

I'm seriously praying this baby is easier than my daughter was... My daughter was high needs/fussy/NEVER SLEPT! They say newborns sleep all day. Nope. Not her. She would get an average of 7 hours of sleep per day when they need like 18! Never napped, woke up every hour of the night until 18 months when we finally gave in and did cry it out.

My mom said my older brother had colic, then I was her good baby, then my sister was bad as well. So really praying that pattern stays with me bc then I'm guaranteed a good baby lol!!!

Ugh I can totally relate. My first had colic. Screamed for hours each night. Didn't sleep more than 4hrs at a stretch until 11 months. Walked at 8mo She's almost 2 and she is definitely not a "laid back" kid. Busy busy busy. No fear.

Ditto!! DH and I are always joking that we want go to a different hospital to have (i.e. get) our next baby. Because the hospital where we had (i.e. got) DS 'screwed' us bigtime by (giving) us the naughtiest baby they had :haha:

Anyway, I think we'll stay team yellow this time. This could be our last baby, so we'd like to experience the surprise and mystery of not knowing. If it were just up to us, we'd love to have 3, but we're just plainly exhausted even now. I am also just starting another undergrad degree (already have a doctorate, but its not useful) as I plan a career shift, hence by the time I can finish my degree and have a stable job, I will already be in my 40s.

Gosh we haven't even been able to look at the hospitals, but I know that one that comes suggested is like a 30 - 40 minute drive from where we will be living.

Nothing new this weekend except DH got jalapeno juice in his pee hole.... :rofl: He was screaming that his penis was burning and I was like :haha: the whole time.. I couldn't help it. He got mad and slammed the bathroom door shut. I ended up calling medical and they suggested sugar water (a lot of sugar) which actually worked.

I feel spoiled! The closest hospital is about five minutes away by car, ten or so by public transit. Super close!

We did find out today this one absolutely will not let you leave without a carset even if you don't own a car! DH and I don't have a car so now we're kind of like now what? Do we try and borrow one from someone? Buy one around my due date and return it as soon as we come home? :shrug:

We're planning a home birth but of course things don't always end up according to plan, so we need to have a carseat in case I end up in the hospital anyway.

I wanted a home birth, but DH vetoed it because he's scared something may go wrong lol. I understand his fear - especially since it's the first so I'm respecting his wish because he's already going to be stressed during the labor because there will be nothing he can do to make me feel better.

Yeah DH was a lot more open to it once he learned everything about it and met the widwives (plus being super close to the hospital helps). He knows my immense fear of hospitals so mentally it will be so much better for me if we can do things at home. If the midwives veto it for whatever reason I'd be bummed but I'd understand. They know what's safe and what's not!

unfortunately we'll be like half an hour from a hospital I believe. And we can't meet the docs who will deliver for us yet because we are moving in about 6 weeks back to the states so I'll be between 22 and 26 weeks when we move.

The hospital my OB delivers at is about 45 mins away as is the OB. Sucks but I had a bad experience with the OB in this city while I was going through my loss so no way I was going back. I'll just have to ask my OB when she recommends us heading in as we are farther away. But I LOVE my OB so I'll gladly make the trip.

Anatomy ultrasound is a week from today!

I didn't need to have a full bladder for my anatomy scan either (at 20 weeks). I wasn't sure if I needed to or not so I can with one and they told me to use the washroom as I was basically crushing the baby with my bladder :haha:

Sass, have a fabulous time, I am so jealous that you are going away some place warm.

I think we're going to go away for a weekend in June for our anniversary which I guess will be our Babymoon too :thumbup:

Lavender that's awesome that you're planning a home birth, I am too this time. I had planned on going to the hospital last time but that didn't happen :haha: DH was totally freaked out when I initially wanted to stay at home but in the end he was so happy that we did. It's so nice to be in your own home with your family after baby is born. My Mom and sister went out and got us lunch after I delivered and then I was able have a nap in my own bed, amazing! Our midwives were so great, they cleaned up everything and stayed with me for about five hours after she was born to make sure everything was OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->