**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

Try not to worry Pearly, I didn't feel anything with Isla until 16 or 17 weeks. It is frustrating when you can't feel them to get that reassurance but honestly you don't have much longer to wait now :thumbup:

Kyla, this baby actually seems much calmer than Isla was. When we had our scan it was just sleeping with its feet crossed, slowly moving its hands around, so cute. Isla was flipping all over the place at our first scan, she also used to kick me all the time, (quite hard), especially if music was on (she was a big fan of Justin Timberlake's Mirrors song :haha:). Isla is quite a feisty little lady so hoping this means that I might have a calmer baby this time around (I can hope right??? :rofl: )

For the most part this one is calm. I had a coke and chocolate before my 3d ultrasound and she still didn't move much. She's been calm for all my ultrasounds for the most part. Just little movements. Hopefully that means for a calm baby. Except for these little temper tantrums :haha:

Fingers crossed for calm babies!

Try not to worry Pearly, I didn't feel anything with Isla until 16 or 17 weeks. It is frustrating when you can't feel them to get that reassurance but honestly you don't have much longer to wait now :thumbup:

Kyla, this baby actually seems much calmer than Isla was. When we had our scan it was just sleeping with its feet crossed, slowly moving its hands around, so cute. Isla was flipping all over the place at our first scan, she also used to kick me all the time, (quite hard), especially if music was on (she was a big fan of Justin Timberlake's Mirrors song :haha:). Isla is quite a feisty little lady so hoping this means that I might have a calmer baby this time around (I can hope right??? :rofl: )

For the most part this one is calm. I had a coke and chocolate before my 3d ultrasound and she still didn't move much. She's been calm for all my ultrasounds for the most part. Just little movements. Hopefully that means for a calm baby. Except for these little temper tantrums :haha:

Fingers crossed for calm babies!

We can hope right :rofl:

I'm seriously praying this baby is easier than my daughter was... My daughter was high needs/fussy/NEVER SLEPT! They say newborns sleep all day. Nope. Not her. She would get an average of 7 hours of sleep per day when they need like 18! Never napped, woke up every hour of the night until 18 months when we finally gave in and did cry it out.

My mom said my older brother had colic, then I was her good baby, then my sister was bad as well. So really praying that pattern stays with me bc then I'm guaranteed a good baby lol!!!

Thanks everyone !! Really hoping I get to feel baby as when the right time comes but in between I already have two scans so that's a relief as well
I panicked more cuz of my Doppler how many weeks u guys started hearing heartbeat on doppler? And any trick also how long should we keep trying??

I started hearing her at 9 weeks on the Doppler. I do have an anterior placenta too. I was stubborn though. Took half an hour to find her for a week or so then it got easier but still took a while in the beginning. Then after 12 weeks or so it was pretty easy.

I have a trick that's worked for nearly everyone. Try listening right after you take a warm shower. Babies stay further back as that's where it's the warmest. If you take a warm shower it makes all of you warm so they tend to come to the front and can be easily heard. If your baby is hiding you might have to search for a while. In the beginning it took me half an hour.

Haha that's a nice trick Kylas thanks hun Also I used baby oil although it came with a gel I thought it would glide better with oil but it became pretty hot in some time so I thought not to take risk further
I think I'll stick to gel or water

I'm seriously praying this baby is easier than my daughter was... My daughter was high needs/fussy/NEVER SLEPT! They say newborns sleep all day. Nope. Not her. She would get an average of 7 hours of sleep per day when they need like 18! Never napped, woke up every hour of the night until 18 months when we finally gave in and did cry it out.

My mom said my older brother had colic, then I was her good baby, then my sister was bad as well. So really praying that pattern stays with me bc then I'm guaranteed a good baby lol!!!

Got my fingers crossed for you too Greats! Isla was a pretty easy baby in terms of napping and being able to take her out, etc (loved going out, did well in the Ergo and her car seat) but she would always let you know when she was not happy. She is also an incredibly high energy and opinionated little person now who has a STRONG personality and is incredibly feisty. I love her for it but it would be tough to have to chase around two kids like this :wacko: She is also still not sleeping through the night either, though she's started to get much better, (thankfully).

Hi ladies!

I'll catch up on this in the afternoon. But just wanted to say (and complain) I almost had to go to the hospital this morning. My heart as beating so fast and I was nauseous I thought I was going to pass out. It was really scary. I drank some tea with sugar and milk and luckily started feeling better. I swear its always something.

Hi ladies!

I'll catch up on this in the afternoon. But just wanted to say (and complain) I almost had to go to the hospital this morning. My heart as beating so fast and I was nauseous I thought I was going to pass out. It was really scary. I drank some tea with sugar and milk and luckily started feeling better. I swear its always something.

Hope you're doing ok!

Hi ladies!

That is scary, hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Scan went well, I posted on the fb group... Having another girl!!! Wanted a boy, but oh well, now I'll have 2 princesses to spoil haha

Congrats! We hope to have a second girl but time will tell...hopefully by end of next week we'll know.

I'm so so thrilled to tell you all we're having a boy and two girls!

That is awesome!!! So exciting! Congratulations.

For sure this year is girls year many many congrats Jo and greats so glad to hear the news

Anyone going for spina bifida test which happens between week 16 and 18

I am getting my blood drawn for it around 16/17 weeks. Then, I have my anatomy scan at 20 weeks. So many tests! I'm still waiting for my materniti21 test results.... :coffee:

Guess what!! DH doesn't know this - but he's agreeing to the 3D/4D off base. I scheduled an appointment for 27Feb :D It's actually 250TL (which is about $101.73) AND my manager said she's giving me $50 toward it as part of my shower gift :D So I know he'll agree to it now because we are only paying like $50!! :D Next Friday I get to find out what it is!! :D Omg it's going to be a real person then...

Guess what!! DH doesn't know this - but he's agreeing to the 3D/4D off base. I scheduled an appointment for 27Feb :D It's actually 250TL (which is about $101.73) AND my manager said she's giving me $50 toward it as part of my shower gift :D So I know he'll agree to it now because we are only paying like $50!! :D Next Friday I get to find out what it is!! :D Omg it's going to be a real person then...

That's awesome news, it's so amazing when you find out the sex. I am so jealous that I have to wait until April 2 to find out, seems so far away :growlmad:

Hi ladies!

Ohh mrs h hope u feeling better now??

Wanted to knw about this place as we might be shifting there after baby

Week and a half until the anatomy scan!! So excited. Can't wait to see baby again. And NOT need a full bladder and be uncomfortable and therefor having a hard time enjoying seeing little miss. Yay! Also booked another 3d ultrasound for the weekend after mothers day. We will bring our mothers and grandmothers. Should be fun!

Week and a half until the anatomy scan!! So excited. Can't wait to see baby again. And NOT need a full bladder and be uncomfortable and therefor having a hard time enjoying seeing little miss. Yay! Also booked another 3d ultrasound for the weekend after mothers day. We will bring our mothers and grandmothers. Should be fun!

I'm jealous! When I booked my anatomy scan (not for another month), they made sure to tell me I need a full bladder :wacko:

I don't see how a full bladder would be beneficial. It's not pushing the baby up anymore. I had it full for my 3d and she made me empty it bc it was making it so we only saw half of the baby. Once I emptied we could see all of her perfectly.

I had to have a full bladder with my daughter's anatomy scan back in 2012 and have to have a full bladder this time as well.

This nausea is no fun! Not babysitting at all today. Taking my munchkin to my hubby's work to get her a state ID just for the heck of it. Going to be fun trying to get her to sit still for a photo haha

Have a wake to attend tonight. Then a funeral in the morning (no one close to me, but just going out of respect).

Date night tomorrow night with the hubby! Fancy restaurant as a late Valentine's Day dinner lol

Wanted to knw about this place as we might be shifting there after baby

My husband lived there for 5 years and his parents still live there so we go visit when we can! And I'm from 2 hours south of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->