**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

Yeah Kylas, I would hold off getting it as well. Really it can't be that crucial/beneficial or they would strongly recommend every pregnant woman get it. Interesting who prenatal care varies so much between the US and Canada...

Aw that it explains it Mrs.Chezek, I was so impressed you hadn't opened it yet; I would hightail it over to the bakery too :haha:

So most of you know I'm a nanny. Well there's this mom whose daughter goes to the same pre-K the youngest boy I watch. She is 38 weeks pregnant and looks AMAZING! All she has is this basketball under her top. And she has 4 other kids! One older than her daughter in preschool and 2 younger (3 girls the youngest is a boy not that that matters lol). I'm 17 weeks with #1 and am a MESS! I hate her a little bit lol.

Am I not supposed to feel some baby movements by now?
I am 15 + 3 and really worried :confused:
I don't feel anything! My tummy seems big enough but nothing really moves or churns!

I don't feel anything! My tummy seems big enough but nothing really moves or churns!

Totally normal. A lot of women don't feel anything until closer to or even after 20 weeks.

It's recommended for each new pregnancy. So even if you're up to date they want you to get it while pregnant between 27-36 weeks. They claim it takes two weeks for the baby to become immune before birth. I was reading studies that showed no difference in infection rates among infants whose mothers were vaccinated during pregnancy or after the birth. Also what I keep finding with my research is that the vaccine hasn't been proven to even prevent pertussis or to be safe during pregnant. So I'd put it in my body and risk my baby's health because?

The tdap is three vaccines in one - tetnus, diphtheria and pertussis (whooping cough). My doctor hasn't said anything yet, but I wouldn't get it until the third trimester anyway so I'm assuming she will mention it then. My boss was trying to tell me I HATE to get it and they would force me......they can't force me to get anything I don't want to get.

My impression was they we're vaccinating everyone who lived with baby to insulate baby til baby can get it. I think theoretically you pass some one but no it probably hasn't been proven. They used to just give it to you post birth before leaving the hospital so you could ask them to do it then instead? It's part of the baby's 2 month shots anyway.

I felt the tiniest tiniest tap at 16w with my first but only because I was watching like a hawk for it. My doctor thought I was nuts and didn't believe m because I was a first time mom. So you could soon. At first I just felt the lightest tap like once a week. Then it started to be once a day. And then all the time. You're not supposed to be able to "reliably" feel them until after 20 weeks.

Kylas, personally I would wait. I am all for vaccines for me and baby, but definitely not while I'm pregnant. I got the whooping cough and flu shot after dd was born and will do the same this time. She also got her vaccines on time after she was born.

Don't freak out about not feeling it yet - it's totally normal. Some women don't feel anything until 26 weeks with their first. I felt a small tap at 13 weeks, and in 15 weeks there was just one day I felt it doing flips (I had just had starbucks). But I haven't really felt much since then.

&& TOMORROW IS MY GENDER SCAN!!!!

With DS, the first 'real' kick was around the 22nd week. He was also a very quiet child inside the womb, sometimes freaking me out by not moving for days. During my scans, he's also sleeping and would hardly move. But lo and behold, the moment he was born, everything just changed. He is simply the most hyperactive child anyone could ever imagine. He is now severely underweight even though he eats more than me, as he is like an energizer bunny, the moment he wakes up till night, he just run and play like there is no tomorrow. So much for the quiet fetus, quiet child theory.

I'm getting a bit scared, this baby seems to be 'quiet' as well. Slept throughout the NT scan and an emergency scan at 14w.

My last two scans the baby was moving like crazy lol. But I usually ate a piece of chocolate before hand to make it move.

I was about 17weeks with my first before a I noticed tiny movements nothing definite/regular until about the 19 week mark! This is my second baby and I think I can feel baby occasionally!

OMG I feel as if I've been kicked in the groin! I am so sore down there I'm just hoping it's a pulled muscle and not SPD.

So most of you know I'm a nanny. Well there's this mom whose daughter goes to the same pre-K the youngest boy I watch. She is 38 weeks pregnant and looks AMAZING! All she has is this basketball under her top. And she has 4 other kids! One older than her daughter in preschool and 2 younger (3 girls the youngest is a boy not that that matters lol). I'm 17 weeks with #1 and am a MESS! I hate her a little bit lol.

There was a lady like that who went to my midwife too. We also did the hospital tour. I was lumbering around looking like a whale and she looked amazing. She was really nice though so I couldn't hate her too much :rofl:

Oh and good luck with your gender scan today DSemcho, excited for you!

Chicachic it's totally normal as others have said not to feel baby move until later on, also depends on the position of your placenta. I just am starting to feel movements with this one and it's my second, with my first I didn't feel anything until 16-18 weeks.

I'm bummed I haven't felt baby either and I'll be 15 weeks tomorrow. Although I did have one morning where I felt a poke that I'm sure was baby. But I feel like I have a few things working against me - anterior placenta, an interesting combo of strong abs, but belly fat, plus its my first baby. I have an appointment in 2 weeks so hoping if I don't feel anything by then, she will give me some encouraging words.

Ladies don't be discouraged if you can't feel baby yet, especially if this is your first. It's actually really uncommon to feel baby early on especially if it's your first. Most ladies don't feel baby move until 18-20 weeks.

Had a horrible day yesterday. Just really glad it's behind me. Just had a string of bad luck and ended up not going to school even though I tried.

Baby does not like me laying on my right side. Every time I do she moves like crazy!

It's snowing... Again. I'm so tired of the cold and this snow that we are seriously contemplating moving to a warmer state. Lol!

I ordered a new bouncer and a new infant car seat! All I really need for baby is the moby wrap I plan on getting today and the breast pump once it gets approved by my insurance (which it will in May). Also thinking of splurging and getting a movement monitor. I've been eyeing the Levana Ono that you clip onto baby's diaper. I wish I had gotten one with my daughter but never heard if it until after she was born.

Hey ladies! So excited for the next round of gender reveals dsem and mrs. C! How fun.
I've started in with all of the organizing too greats. It's just nesting in warp speed I guess.
Kyla- I couldn't get tdap w dd because I had a reaction when they gave it to me as a baby, so I haven't gotten it since and they didn't make a big deal of it at all. Dd got it on time with no issue.
Also my friend just had her fourth and it was her smallest weight gain. Very annoying. And my other friend is 7 months and is just my size. Grrrrr
Dsem- if DH doesnt go with you tomorrow, how long will you make him wait to find out? I would torture mine if he didn't come! But I am such a jerk. ;)
Chica- I think I was 17/18 weeks when I felt those first flutters so no worries.

I'm debating between the next gender scan (the free one) (Mar 23) and birth lol. I'm not sure. It seems like he may go though..

5 1/2 more hours until I know!!

Good luck with your appointment DSemcho! :)

I've been lying on my back here and I keep randomly feeling little jabs and fullness that comes and goes on my right side. The fullness is almost like when you have gas moving through you. It's so weird!

If it's not baby I wonder if it's my scar tissue from endo getting stretched more. I had so much crampy pain in the first few weeks since scar tissue does not like being stretched!

Exciting stuff Dsemcho hope OH stops being dumb and goes with you!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->