**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

I gained 20 lbs with my first pregnancy too. I started at 135lb (am 5' 7") and dropped back to it at delivery but breastfeeding sucked another 10# out of me! So I was rocking at 125 for over a year after delivery. Once I stopped nursing though I instantly gained 5 lbs. I started this pregnancy at 130b and we'll see where things go...I didn't gain much the first tri cause of the morning sickness but now that it's passed, I'm totally giving into cravings and just don't have the time I had the first time around to cook healthy, etc. I'm just too tired after getting my 2 year old fed, dressed, entertained, etc. So I don't think it will be as 'graceful' this time around :dohh:

It's been snowing all day here and we already had a ton of snow on the ground. I'm so tired of winter! Though it is beautiful. Since the snow is soft but sticky, we actually got to go sledding this morning. Just for a little bit cause it was coming down pretty hard. If it ever stops, I'd like to go make a snowman. Anything other than sitting at home with a toddler!!!!

So this is where you're all hiding! I guess I don't look through the forums too often. I hope you guys don't mind if I jump in :) I'm due with my second girl 11th of August but will be having cesarean probably at 38 weeks in late July.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys :flower:

:flower:

So this is where you're all hiding! I guess I don't look through the forums too often. I hope you guys don't mind if I jump in :) I'm due with my second girl 11th of August but will be having cesarean probably at 38 weeks in late July.

Join in. If you look on the front page. There is info about the secret Facebook group. I think it gets more action now than here on bnb. Some of us cross post some don't.

Welcome. And I'm due the 11th as well

Ugh. We are moving back to the states in 40-ish days, and DH is saying we don't need cell phones when we get back because we haven't needed one the whole four years we've been in Turkey. The difference is that we don't go off base without each other, and the base is so small that I'd be able to find him. However in the states it'll be different because once we get there we are driving from Baltimore, MD to Holloman AFB, NM. But also with me being pregnant if something goes wrong I need to be able to call him anytime. And my family will want to talk to me a lot and I don't want to be on the phone a lot, so texting is helpful. Please tell me I'm not crazy? We can get unlimited texting and talking for $130 a month (both phones). And what if I go down to El Paso without him one day (1.5 hours away) and I go into labor??

You're not crazy! It's totally a valid concern. Your needs change as your living situation changes. If I was in your shoes I'd totally want a cell phone, too! It's a huge comfort having one myself because of the texting and having the phone on me wherever I go so if there ever is an emergency I can make calls ASAP.

Glad you found us. We aren't hiding, but not as active as before we also had a fb group too. A good chunk of people use that rather than here so it's not as active, but there are instructions on the first page to join the group. Friend one of us admins and we will add you.

Ugh. We are moving back to the states in 40-ish days, and DH is saying we don't need cell phones when we get back because we haven't needed one the whole four years we've been in Turkey. The difference is that we don't go off base without each other, and the base is so small that I'd be able to find him. However in the states it'll be different because once we get there we are driving from Baltimore, MD to Holloman AFB, NM. But also with me being pregnant if something goes wrong I need to be able to call him anytime. And my family will want to talk to me a lot and I don't want to be on the phone a lot, so texting is helpful. Please tell me I'm not crazy? We can get unlimited texting and talking for $130 a month (both phones). And what if I go down to El Paso without him one day (1.5 hours away) and I go into labor??

A cell would definitely be important for a pregnant lady. A whole number of things could happen. What about a prepaid cell? Or one you can pay as you go? They're cheaper and you only pay for what you use. As long as you can get whole of him, hubby doesn't necessarily need a cell if you could call him at work and whatnot.

Ladies, if we can please check the front page and make sure everything is up to date - due date, gender, etc. I want to make sure it's as accurate as possible. I posted this on the fb group as well so hopefully we can even up the numbers between the two sites. Thanks!

MrsChezek I'm finding that pregnancy is a totally different experience with a toddler. Way more tired this time around and feel like it's going by way too quickly. I totally get eating what is convenient every once and awhile, last night Isla and I both snacked on Goldfish crackers after I picked her up from day care :haha:

DSemcho, you are not being crazy at all, you totally should have a cell phone, I know when pregnant I am paranoid if I ever forget my phone at home. You guys could just get basic pay as you go plans that wouldn't be that expensive. Probably a good idea for your DH to have one as well in case you need to get ahold of him.

I've told DH we will need the unlimited talk and text when baby comes. Especially the texting. Before we moved to turkey I could easily clear 1,000 texts a month. And I don't like talking to my mom on the phone but she'll want to talk all the time.

Updating to say I'm team :blue: and due date will be staying at the 16th of August.

Thanks ladies! I appreciate you all checking.

So baby girl has officially had a name change. We were trying to figure out between Ashlyn and Juliana. OH suggested Ashlyn Juliana. I really wanted to use Grace after her great aunt, but I told her since I preferred Ashlyn (she said she was equal on them) that she got to pick the middle name. So Ashlyn Juliana it is!

My date is actually July 28, though I have an apt next week and I intend to discuss moving it officially back to Aug 1.

(I was tracking ovulation with test strips and we specifically bd'd only 3 times, so I'm rock solid on my dates. I know it's only half a week off, but since it's a rcs they're wanting to go at 39w.)

I'm still good on the front page, Kylas.

DSmecho, I can completely understand you wanting a cell phone plan when you return. Hopefully DH comes around! Personally, I would be worried sick to not have my phone in case something were to happen and I needed to get ahold of DH. I've even been trying to remember to take it out when I walk the dogs lately, for fear of falling on the ice!

You can always do what me and my dh do... We have pay as you go phones... We do Virgin Mobile and pay $78/month for the both of us combined including taxes and we get unlimited texting, data, and 200 calling minutes a month. Actually since we've been with them for over 2 years we now get unlimited calling included. We had to pay for the phones up front, but it's been wayyyyyy cheaper than when we had a plan with Sprint.

My due date was actually moved to August 18, I'm still predicting girl. Thanks Kyla!

My info is accurate as of right now - thanks Kyla! and lovely name choice :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->