**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

Many congrats on team pink lavendar!!

Greats wish you all the best for your scan hun mine us in 2nd April!!

Well had my last appointmet on 12th and they tested for spida bifida got the result came out negative yayyyy

The same day had my glucose tolerance test The one hour test , this not given to all its basically my endo was worried as i had pcod so suggested for early glucose tolerance and I was so scared cuz she really has scared me all the time about it and guess what I passed with flying colors got 108 and the cut off is 140 hurray now I really want to throw the result on her lol

But will be certainly going for 24 weeks glucose tolerance too !!

Already 18 weeks and have started feeling little flutters which I assume is correct in what I am feeling sometimes there are dull achy pokes which confuses me is it the round ligsment pain of uterus growing or baby doing it but some are no pain free flowing movement for few seconds which I believe is called flutters!!

Also i am lot dizzy these days esp if I have no eaten for more than four hours
How do I deal with this?? Is there anything alarming??

Let's hear your names! And the meaning behind it, if any. If you don't know gender, give your top boy and girl names (one for each)!!

This little one is Ashlyn Juliana. We had settled on Ava Grace. Ave we just loved and Grace after OH's great aunt who passed and she was very close with. Then I realized there are Ava Graces everywhere. It was too popular for me. Then I loved Juliana and Ashlyn. OH loved both and couldn't decide between them so I decided on Ashlyn. I wanted Ashlyn Grace to keep her great aunt's name, but she didn't like them together so she suggested using both names. And voila Ashlyn Juliana :)

Congrats lavender welcome to team PINK!

Good luck greats :)

Our girl will be Essence Eliza

Good news re the glucose test and spina bifida test Pearly, you must be relieved.

If this LO is a girl, her name will be Harper Ryan Patrice (middle names are both family names).

If this LO is a boy we are leaning towards Ethan Ryan David (middle names family names again), although we are not 100% decided on Ethan yet....:wacko:

Love Harper, livia and Ashlyn. I super love ryan for a girl. It's always been on my top ten.
Hope your scan is going great greats!
We're back around to Remy and now debating Remy Olivia vs Remy Samantha. Remy means rower which my husband did in high school and college. It's also French and I did study abroad in France. And we got it from a series of novels we listen to together on road trips. The characters are married and named Sam and Remy Fargo.
So we want the middle name to end in a. Samantha has more reasoning behind it but we like Olivia so much so we're just torn at this point.

Really like Remy as well Sass; it's not an overly common name either :thumbup:

I did the final part of my IPS testing today (just blood work and urine). Looking forward to getting the results at my next midwife appointment in a few weeks

As I left the building I realized I wouldn't be coming back there until my 20 week scan, so excited for that :happydance:

Thank everyone! I actually celebrated by hitting up a sale and got my very first pink onesies for her. I just about fell over from cute putting those into the pair of overalls I already had at home. :)

That's great your tests came back all good Pearly! Best way to combat the dizzies is always have snacks and water on you at all times. I always have to put nut bars and other things in my purse when I go out and just be really good about snacking constantly.

As for names there's no strong contenders right now but we have plenty of time to decide! My mother's actually going to send me a list of family names to help me out so that will be nice to have.

Congrats again lavender!

Just checking in over here :)

For us a boy will be Oliver Turner. I know its really popular but I just love the name. Turner came from a Google search I did and it's also the last name of my favorite musician.

For a girl it will be Lucy Ione. Lucy is after my grandma whom I dreamt about when I got my BFP and Ione is DHs great grandmothers name.

I chose Livia bc my fave actress is Liv Tyler. I originally liked Olivia but it's way too popular for my liking, so came across Livia. Will call her Liv for short.

Middle name will be Avery. Hubby chose it bc it's a name in the Harry Potter books (though a death eater!!!! Lol)

I had my anatomy scan this morning! Baby looks great! And measuring over 21 weeks lol

This one is Cole (no middle name yet) Semcho

Sorry for the MIA on here - been super busy and sick as I've said on the FB page. Next ultrasound is on 23March and my last appointment is 2April.

I like the name Lucy a lot too, very cute!

Glad that the scan went well Greats!

Nothing much to report here, tired today. Was counting down the days to my mat leave yesterday. Pretty bad as I'm going to be here until the end of July :haha:

My midwife was telling me that they will sign me off sick then, she told me that I should definitely do that since I have the sick time and with already having another LO at home, will be nice to have some time to myself to rest while she's still in daycare full time. I am very much looking forward to that time. So I guess between that and the holidays I still have left to take (I think I have 17 days left, though I will likely carry five over for after mat leave) I won't be here that much longer at all...

Lucy just fits the baby I pictire in my head. So if it's a boy I'll be very weirded out. I don't truly care either way I just have had an image in my head that'll be hard to shake.

I'm really tired too. Took me forever to get out of bed.

How much maternity leave do Canadians get mrs. Eddie?
Are you finding out the sex mrs. Hudson?
Our anatomy scan is in 2.5 hours. It's the first scan I'm having from an actual medical person, so im super nervous they'll tell me something is off. Excited to see her, but just terrified too, you know? I get like this before every big event. I'm such a ninny.

Sassy, everything will be fine, don't worry!

Afm, I'm really sick... Again! I'm seriously sick every week now! And I need to vent. Any time we have an ultrasound, my husband will take the entire day off from work no problem. But when I had the stomach flu last week he refused to leave work early so that I could go to the doctors. And today, I begged him to take the day off so that I can rest, and he refused. He's ignoring all my texts as well.

I don't get it? It's not fair!

Edit: I have a slight fever now... 100.8. I sent him a picture of the thermometer. No reply.

Sass we do plan to. Our anatomy scan is on April 6th. I know what you mean. I'm so nervous for ours. I had to take some medication twice in first tri that was a class C drug and it's had me concerned this whole time. It was under my ob's instruction but still. Good luck at yours!

Greats wth? On both you being sick and DH not helping you. I'm sorry that's happening. I hope it gets figured out and he helps you soon! My DH took the whole day off for my last scan which he didn't need too.

I'm so hungry but nothing in this house sounds good. I may just have to get something. But I don't have the energy to move.

Greats u really need doctors assistance soon I dnt understand why ur hubby behaving this way but leave everything for now and go to doctors ur health and baby's more important hope everything gets fine soon!!

My 20 week scan on 2nd m excited and nervous yesterday whole night I felt flutters was so exciting to feel it as it's the first time I ever felt my baby

Sass good luck hun

Mrs h how are u hun!!

Pearly our scans are on the same day :thumbup:

Sass, we get a year off here, which is awesome. My workplace is also very family friendly so I get topped up to 70% of my salary for the first 6 months I'm off.

Greats, that's awful that your husband wouldn't stay home, I would be furious. I hope he doesn't expect you to look after him next time he gets sick :growlmad:

Pearly I'm doing good! And you? Today is a no energy day for me.

Wow a year! I'm jealous.

A year sounds so nice!
Did you buy some otc meds greats? Boo to your hubby. Not cool.
Scan went really well. Baby is measuring a few days ahead putting me closer to August 14 than August 17. So funny. I thought I would be the other way based on my o day, so more like August 20 or so. Wonder how accurate they are? Only bummer is my placenta is too low. Hoping it moves up. I get another scan in 7 weeks to take a look.

Thanks ladies. After bitching him out via text he finally came home from work at 2pm so that I could rest and not chase after our daughter and the boy I babysit. I stopped at the store to pick up some lemon and honey so I've been drinking hot tea with that and slathering Vicks vapor rub on my chest every hour. This pregnancy is kicking my ass!

Baby liked the hot tea with honey and lemon... She's kicking like crazy! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->