**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

On River, a couple of things. We are die-hard Browncoats, anyone who knows what that means will know the importance of that character in that world.
My husband is also a massive fan and was stoked when I told him that this group was August Fireflies :thumbup:

Money's tight here too.
I went back to the uni, doing a career shift (from being an academic), hence not only am I not having any time to enjoy this pregnancy, we're also struggling to make ends meet.
Can't afford daycare so I study from evenings till 1-2am, then care for DS from 730am-5pm, from then DH takes over. Sometimes, he has to do overtime, which is UNPAID... Grrr, can't believe this could happen in this country, but yeah, we just try to deal with it, because he's supposed to be a salaried employee, which is a highly-desired position (but not with that level of salary) :(

Well, the only bright side is I don't even have time to get bored with this pregnancy. I'm not even thinking about the sex of the baby anymore.

Good morning!

Sorry I've not been around for a couple of weeks. My niece is going through chemotherapy atm so I've been with her, my sister and brother in law a fair bit since it all started.

I hope you're all doing well? I'll endeavour to catch up on all that I have missed!

Sorry for the double post but we have revealled the names we've picked for our trio.

Alec Henry, Lydia Annalise and Heidi Lucia

:cloud9:

Sorry for the double post but we have revealled the names we've picked for our trio.

Alec Henry, Lydia Annalise and Heidi Lucia

:cloud9:

That's awesome! Beautiful names! And I'm terribly sorry to hear about your niece! I truly hope the chemo isn't too much for her. My brother passed from cancer back in 1993 and chemo was very very rough on him.

Afm, I've had quite an exhausting day. Church and cleaning galore! Our apartment is slowly coming together and looking like an adult/sophisticated family home as opposed to a poor college student home lol!

Pretty much all we have left to organize is the closet by the front door and our entire bedroom. Goal is to have everything cleaned, organized, and in place by Easter, so not too much time left!

20 Week scan in one hour!! :D SO EXCITED!!

Also next Friday is my last day of work before our big move!! Omigosh!

Mrs. H, really only 6 weeks :wacko: Only that's horrid, there is no way I would go back to work that soon after having a baby. I honestly can't get over how terrible the mat leave is in the US :nope:

Greats, yes there is like a couple minutes where you just sit and do kegels. My DH would also be asking what they were :haha:

Jo, I love the names :cloud9:

Good luck on your scan DSemcho!

In terms of money, we are more stressed about paying day care for two in August 2016, which will be like $1600 a month :wacko:. Unfortunately (fortunately?) neither one of us can justify staying a home as our monthly salaries are greater than the cost of day care. We also have both worked hard for our careers and love what we do. However, if I could justify it, I would definitely stay at home and I think that what others have said re the sacrifice being worth it would be totally true. I did not want to go back to work after Isla was born and tried to figure out a way to stay home with her and still make some money (couldn't figure that out :haha:). I am now enjoying being back at work but I wonder if I will go through the same thing with this LO :shrug: If I could find a job working flexible hours from home so my kids only had to go to daycare part time that would be ideal but unfortunately those jobs are few and far between here.

I only get 6ish weeks as well. But I'll be working for my mom so baby will be coming with me. I might not even take 6 weeks. I'm taking as long as OH gets off from her job and she's not sure exactly how long that is yet. Will depend on how long we can afford to not work as well. Her leave is paid 60% I think but mine isn't and I have student loans for days!

Hope everyone had a good weekend! We went to some outlets yesterday that had a Disney store and carters and Gymboree and Oshkosh. Got a bunch of cute stuff. But I do have to be closely supervised or I'll go nuts! I say it's my right as a mommy to be to buy my baby whatever I want! And no one can tell me differently.

OH is sick now. Went to the ER last night. Not the flu or strep so some viral thing. She's off work the next 2 days to hopefully sleep it off. I'm already having some of the same symptoms so fingers crossed it's just coincidence!

Oh also wanna say how much I love all you ladies. In a non creepy sort of way haha. Idk what Id do without you all to talk to and I love watching everyone else's pregnancies develop and everyone else's stories. I don't have many friends (my best friends ditched me when I got pregnant with my loss as they "don't like babies.") so it's been rough, but I love having all of you to share this with!

Mrs. Eddie, I totally get staying working. This is my first time being a sahm, it took a while to get used to! I'm so used to working and sending Rylee to her babysitter lol I do plan on going back to work (though not law enforcement) next year some time.

Kylas, I lost all my friends after having Rylee. It sucks and it used to bother me a lot, but I don't care anymore haha my life is full of love and that's all that matters to me. And I love having this group (and the fb one!) It saves my hubby from having to hear about every pregnancy moan :haha:

So last Monday it was 70*F and today it's 28*F and snowing! WTF! I hate Chicago weather, it's so ridiculous.

I'm almost over my chest cold but now Rylee has it and isn't sleeping well. Bah!

Greats, I have all the respect in the world for SAHMs, it is honestly the toughest and most selfless job there is. I love Isla more than anything but honestly I don't think I could stay at home long-term with her. I really enjoy my time at work with adults. Even now the majority of our social get togethers are full of children/babies so it is nice to have time just as me and not as a "Mom" necessarily. I can totally see why you would consider going back.

Awww, sending the love right back to you Kyla :cloud9: I feel bad for both you and Greats that your friends weren't more supportive. I have been very lucky in that my best friends and I all had kids around the same time. Two of my best friends do not have any children but they has always been supportive and both of them love Isla (we're actually going to hang out with one of them this weekend). If it makes you feel better, I also met an additional network of friends after Isla was born through groups and a few of us are still close so hopefully after Ashlyn is born you will meet some new Mommy friends who will be supportive :hugs:

That's awesome! Beautiful names! And I'm terribly sorry to hear about your niece! I truly hope the chemo isn't too much for her. My brother passed from cancer back in 1993 and chemo was very very rough on him.

Thank you!

She's a month into her chemo and it's not been easy. She is only 5 years old which I think has been the hardest part for us all to deal with. Being so young means she doesn't understand.

Jo, I love the names :cloud9:

Thank you!

Jo, so very sorry to hear about your niece. It always makes me so sad when kids have to go through cancer and all that revolves around it. Hope the treatment goes quickly for her and she's feeling better real soon! My dad was recently diagnosed with cancer. They just went for a second opinion and I think it's been determined that they're going to just watch and wait for now. It's stressful, and I hate that I can't be there for him. :cry:
As for your names, they are beautiful! Love them all

Awwww, Kylas!!! :hugs: Love all of you, too! I know I participate more on FB, trying to get better about logging in on here. I have very few close friends, and so far they seem as though they'll be supportive....but in distance...they're so far away. That makes things tough. I know just my DH in our current location, being we also just moved (didn't really have any close friends in our last location, but at least I knew people lol!). :friends:

Hey ladies my name is Alyssa. I am due August 29th! This is #2 for me and we find out the gender of our lil one on 4/4 at our gender reveal! I am super excited to have you ladies to talk to!

Hey ladies my name is Alyssa. I am due August 29th! This is #2 for me and we find out the gender of our lil one on 4/4 at our gender reveal! I am super excited to have you ladies to talk to!

Hi there! How's your pregnancy going so far?

Mrs. Eddie yeah it's pretty ridiculous. Depending on how my current job goes I may go back part time but we're in that weird income range where we can't affor daycare and we can barely afford for me to not work so who knows. Most likely I'll stay home until I can find a part time job more in my area of office admin. Well just have figure out day care between the moms.

Jo I'm so sorry to hear that! I have her in my thoughts.

Lysrae welcome!

Oh awesome! That's the same date as our party! We do know the gender but it'll still be fantastic to announce that to everyone. I hope it goes swimmingly for you! :thumbup:

Jo I'm so sorry to hear about your niece! Cancer is awful, and especially so in someone so young. I hope that she's able to get through the chemo as well as she can. :hugs:

Jo I must have missed the post about your niece, I am so sorry to hear that she is going through this. It is heartbreaking to here about anyone going through cancer but the thought of a five year old having to endure that is so awful. Keeping her and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Welcome Alyssa :hi:

Mrs. H, I think part-time work, (if you can swing it), would be the best of both worlds. If we had family that lived closer to us so we could rely on them for some childcare I think that would be an amazing option. :thumbup:

Jo really sorry to hear about ur niece hun my prayers are there with you and ur family! hope she gets better soon!!!

Love all the names Jo!
Welcome Alyssa!
I took 2.5 months off with my first then happily went back part time for a year. I was happy going back because dd was a huge napper. She was only awake a few hours a day. And we really needed the extra cash towards the move and new house. But towards the end of the year, I started getting really nervous I would miss her first words, first steps, etc. she went to two naps around 9 months so that made life a little easier too. I became a SAHM after our move. Dd was 16 months. I was really scared of being bored, but I've been so busy. It's crazy! We also joined a local moms club that meets multiple times a week, so that's been really nice.

I hope things get fixed up with your niece as quickly as possible too Jo. Must be so hard to try to explain it to her. I'll be sending positive vibes your way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->