**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

Hey ladies my name is Alyssa. I am due August 29th! This is #2 for me and we find out the gender of our lil one on 4/4 at our gender reveal! I am super excited to have you ladies to talk to!

Welcome! Will add you

21 weeks today! Yay!

Sass, if I was home every day I would never be bored, (more like exhausted :haha:).

Kylas, happy 21 weeks :cloud9:

Had our anatomy scan this morning! I was a nervous wreck beforehand, but everything was great! I have an anterior placenta so that explains why I haven't known for sure if I was feeling baby the couple of times I felt something faint but unusual lol. We planned to stay team yellow but when she asked if we wanted to find out I told DH it's up to him (he had asked me awhile back if we were finding out...I could tell he was wanting to) and he said sure. :haha: So...we have a healthy baby...BOY! One more in an attempt at getting Team Blue's numbers up!! :thumbup: I just love the little foot, so had to share that image, too. :cloud9:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1761.jpg
    IMG_1761.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1762.jpg
    IMG_1762.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1
Had our anatomy scan this morning! I was a nervous wreck beforehand, but every was great! I have an anterior placenta so that explains why I have known if I was feeling baby the couple of times I felt something faint but unusual lol. We planned to stay team yellow but when she asked if we wanted to find out I told DH it's up to him (he had asked me awhile back if we were finding out...I could tell he was wanting to) and he said sure. :haha: So...we have a healthy baby...BOY! One more in an attempt at getting Team Blue's numbers up!! :thumbup:

Congrats on team blue!

I have an anterior placenta as well, but I feel her move all the time. I think mine is higher up than she is so when she shifts I can't feel her, but for the most part she likes to hang out low where I can still feel her.

Congrats on team blue mrs g!
I had my stupid dental surgery yesterday. It was so scary. My blood pressure bottomed out and I need to be put on oxygen and get an IV of fluids. Now I'm home on Tylenol. They gave he Tylenol w codeine but I'm scared of too much hurting LO. Do you girls know how much acetometiphan is too much for pregnant people? Is it the same as non pregnant people? I'm in loads of pain when it starts to wear off but I feel like I need to find a valance between the pain and the baby.

Hey ladies my name is Alyssa. I am due August 29th! This is #2 for me and we find out the gender of our lil one on 4/4 at our gender reveal! I am super excited to have you ladies to talk to!

Hi there! How's your pregnancy going so far?

So far I have been pretty sick. Totally different than my 1st. I can successfully keep down pineapple, strawberries, waffles and sushi (only cooked of course). But I cant complain I love this feeling and love the little movements I have been feeling!

I had my stupid dental surgery yesterday. It was so scary. My blood pressure bottomed out and I need to be put on oxygen and get an IV of fluids. Now I'm home on Tylenol. They gave he Tylenol w codeine but I'm scared of too much hurting LO. Do you girls know how much acetometiphan is too much for pregnant people? Is it the same as non pregnant people? I'm in loads of pain when it starts to wear off but I feel like I need to find a valance between the pain and the baby.

Sass, that does sound absolutely terrifying! Hope the pain gets better. I don't know for sure on how much acetaminophen is ok, might not hurt to give your doctor/midwife a call. Definitely does sound like you need some relief, though! :hugs:

Hi and welcome, Alyssa!

Dont take over 500mg within 4-6 hours. That is what my bff was told when she had a tooth pulled when expecting.

Congrats on Team Blue MrsG09; I love that little foot picture, so sweet :cloud9:

Sass, that sounds awful, so glad that you're OK :hugs:. Did your doctor not tell you how much you should take? I would call back and ask for clarification. Sorry to hear that you're in so much pain. :nope:

Sass, maybe call your obgyn and see what they say? I wouldn't take something with codeine in it tbh.

Afm, I'm in such a foul mood today! Everything is annoying me. Neighbors upstairs are so loud, constantly arguing and their 2 year old just runs around screaming all day. And they've been using the only washer and dryer in the building since 8am. I just wanna do one load of wash! Lol So glad they're moving soon!!

I figured out why I was confused. I'm giving baby brain the partial blame. Turns out the generic Tylenol I have at home is not regular (200 mg) but extra strength (500 mg) so when I thought I was taking one I was really taking 2.5. Luckily I figured it out before lunch. Now I'm just taking one every 4-6.
I was surprised about the codine too! The oral surgeon actually got the recommendation from my OB. I thought it would have been Vicodin since that's what they gave me after my c section but they said no way and told me just codine. So weird! I'm doing pretty well staying off it for now. But they said day 3-5 will be the worst so I'm bracing myself. :(

Yayyy for team blue Mrs G09, many many congrats!!

Sass thank gods you found about the extra strength tyelnol before going over the board with that hope the pain eases itself soon!!

Afm I am highly confused about the week to month calculation of trimester
Ladies pls help me like by which week does which month starts as online I see different site giving different answers , so like 5 th month starts when 18th week starts if that's true then how are the months going forward are calculated ??

Yayyy for team blue Mrs G09, many many congrats!!

Sass thank gods you found about the extra strength tyelnol before going over the board with that hope the pain eases itself soon!!

Afm I am highly confused about the week to month calculation of trimester
Ladies pls help me like by which week does which month starts as online I see different site giving different answers , so like 5 th month starts when 18th week starts if that's true then how are the months going forward are calculated ??

The months thing is so hard to figure out! Two charts were actually posted to the Facebook page today in an effort to straighten it out, and the general consensus was that it's too confusing! One of them says that at 18 weeks, you're 4 months along, the other one says that the 18th week is the beginning of your 5th month. Which is kinda the same thing (you've finished 4 months and are starting the fifth) but it's awkward to figure out! I've decided to count backwards from my edd, 8/1, and say that I'm 'about 6 months'. :shrug:

Afm, This is kinda dumb, but I'm starting to get worried that no one will throw us a shower. We don't really need one, but it's common around here for every baby to have one. It's considered a bit rude to throw your own, someone has to offer to throw it for you. So I just assumed going into it that someone would have one. Several friends have asked DH about when it might be, but no one has actually offered to be the one to have it. Baby will still have everything she needs, of course, I'll just be left feeling let down about it. :cry: I know, first world problems, right?

Is there anyone who is NOT Team Yellow/Green who is still waiting to find out the gender, or does everyone who wanted to find out know now?

I think we are still waiting for some people towards the end of August to find out. Not sure.

I'm just saying that I'm 5 months pregnant lol. 4 weeks is 1 month, 8 is 2, 12 is 3, 16 is 4, 20 is 5 lol. I know not every month has exactly 4 weeks in it, but it's to much to guesstimate. Plus my LMP was 27 October... so... End of Nov 1 month, End of Dec 2 month, etc etc.

Afm, This is kinda dumb, but I'm starting to get worried that no one will throw us a shower. We don't really need one, but it's common around here for every baby to have one. It's considered a bit rude to throw your own, someone has to offer to throw it for you. So I just assumed going into it that someone would have one. Several friends have asked DH about when it might be, but no one has actually offered to be the one to have it. Baby will still have everything she needs, of course, I'll just be left feeling let down about it. :cry: I know, first world problems, right?
Honestly if I don't get anyone offering to throw one I'm doing it myself. I have no close relatives nearby and no super close friends nearby either (mostly because I moved). I doubt anyone would throw me one, but I'm sure I'd get a lot of people later coming to me all "why didn't you have a shower?"

I never got a wedding and am still really bitter about that so I don't care if I come off as rude by doing my own. I'd rather get called rude than be upset that I missed out on another event. It still hurts so badly going to friends weddings and I don't want to be that way with showers, too!

I had a work shower already, but it was also my going away so yeah. But I know when we move back to the states in a couple of weeks I won't be getting one. We are moving to an area where I don't know anyone and the closest family is 12/14 hours away. However I am letting people buy me things if they want, and I am having an "online shower" event where I will open all of the packages at once and let them then tell me who sent what lol. I'm thinking I'll do it at the end of June or beginning of July because baby can come between beginning of July and beginning of August.

I wouldn't want to throw my own shower either. Around here it's considered a bit rude as well. Luckily my mom and OHs mom want to throw us one. So we will be doing two since OHs family is 2 hours away. I'm just worried her mom will do it at her house which I will NOT step foot in (neither will the baby) as she's a smoker and the house reeks! And I'm worried there will be alcohol there too which I do not like for a baby shower and also OH and I are both staying away from it until I can drink. She already said she's bringing some when she comes to visit us ... In our own home ... Where we do not allow alcohol at the moment.

I also go by assuming each month is 4 weeks. So I'm 21 weeks now so 5 months. At 24 weeks I'll be 6 months and so on.

Sass, I can't believe that they wouldn't clarify medications with you more clearly, they should have wrote down what you should take, how much, etc. I hope you're over the worst of the pain soon.

Pearly, according to the What to Expect book you start your 5th month of pregnancy at Week 18-Week 22. I find it confusing as well re months and weeks so I always just follow what it says in the book :shrug:

QueenQueso, I am still waiting to find out the sex, will find out next week on April 2, cannot wait!

As for the baby shower, I'm not going to have one this time as we had a large one for Isla and we got a ton of stuff (and also already have the majority of the stuff we need). After your first baby, most people don't have showers anymore here. Friends and family will bring presents when they come to meet the new baby though. I wouldn't necessarily throw one for myself either, (that would be a lot of work for you to take on later in your pregnancy as well). Do you have a close friend or family member that you can ask about potential shower plans or maybe just be blunt and tell them that you would really like to have one? My Mom and sister hosted mine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->