**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

I need to do some yoga but I never bring myself to do it since I'm on my feet most of the day. Maybe tomorrow I will though.

Finally back online after our week away! I worked all weekend overtime then was working and at my physio appt yesterday so I finally have time to log on properly.

I carried Jack high, he was always right under my ribs. This is baby is literally standing on my cervix--really annoying at times. Hope he flips soon!

Thanks Greats; it was amazing to be able to relax. Good luck for your three hour test, I really hope that you pass. I'm looking forward to Mother's Day as well; my DH normally takes Isla out for a few hours in the morning so I have time to myself to relax, which is AMAZING!!!

Mrs. H, I agree with Pearly, yoga will definitely help with your back if you can find some time to do it. Even just a few relaxing poses would probably help if you didn't want to do a full work out.

Welcome back Maggs, hope you had a great trip!

So just spoke to the receptionist at the MW office and apparently I have to take the 3 hour glucose test now, GAH!!!:growlmad:

My blood sugar was apparently just a little high but I am now required to take it.

Glad in some ways that I decided to take the 1 hour test in case something is really wrong but also regretting it now as I may have to take this longer test for no reason at all...:cry:

What's really funny is that my MW was joking with me yesterday about the test, saying that there was no way it was going to come back positive, that I had no risk factors, blah, blah. I think she jinxed me :haha:

Oh that sucks!!!!! I don't fully believe in these glucose tests. When do you go to take the 3-hour one? I'm slotted for Friday morning at 9am. Bring a book to read or something. I'm bringing homework.

I've been cleaning like crazy today! Our cat peed in the corner of our living room... She only does this if her litter box is dirty (which it isn't) or if someone is near her box whrn she needs to go. So I have this mini floor vac to help clean it up. Need to do it a few more times bc I can still smell the cat pee in here. Grrrrr.

Boy I babysit keeps biting through the spout of all my daughter's sippy cups and then proceeds to shake the sippy upside down so all the juice comes out. He did this all over my bed while I was cleaning the floors. So pissed off! And his parents won't pack a sippy for him of his own.

Just flying by to say hi and can't believe how fast time is ticking away.

I have my Glucose test on Saturday. Not looking forward to it. I didn't have GD with #1 so hoping I'm lucky this time around too. Also hoping I don't flake out while waiting for the end.

Saw my Obs last week and she said all going well she'd induce me at 39 weeks. This is mainly due to my fear of not getting to the hospital on time if I went into labour naturally. We live 40kms from the hospital, which might not seem like much bit this could mean upwards of 2 hours in the car in traffic if it was peak hour. I had DS #1 at 37+3 induced because of my high BP.

I hope everyone has a lovely Mother's Day for those who have it coming up this Sunday. We aren't really doing anything, but I know there's a nice little gift for me and hopefully a sleep in.

xo

Greats, I have to pick up the paperwork tonight after work, I'll probably call them tomorrow to book. Totally sucks for sure and I'm almost 100% sure I don't have GD. I have none of the risk factors and have been eating WAY better this entire pregnancy and have gained less weight overall, (funny since I passed with flying colours last time, maybe I should be eating more junk) :haha: I am realizing though that I probably didn't do myself any favours by eating a large fruit salad and toast with jam before the test :dohh:

I will definitely bring a few books to read. My DH has offered to drop me off and pick me up before and after so I don't have to drive in case I'm light headed, etc. For those of you who have taken the test before, do you think that's a good idea?

Also, sorry about your cat and the misbehaving little boy. I honestly don't know how you are able to look after other people's kids and keep your cool, I would probably lose it at this point...

Poppie, I hope you pass with flying colours. Exciting that you have your induction date booked.

Eeshh not logged in here for a while, you ladies have been busy.

Hope your all doing well, I will try catch up x

We've had a misbehaving dog lately. It's been raining non stop here in CO so our oldest dog doesn't want to potty outside. I even stood out in the rain with him Tuesday and he still wouldn't go. Then he went in the house while I was grocery shopping. He's such a brat.

Back is still killing me so I'm trying to get in for a massage tomorrow. They didn't have any open on Tuesday. I know I really do need to do yoga. I got to go to work soon but will try tomorrow.

Good luck to all you doing your glucose test. I get to do mine right before our baby moon so hopefully it goes well.

Mrs - as I said in my journal, I would recommend he pick you up. Especially if it's a fasting test. If not, you may not need him too, but better safe than sorry. I was super out of it, but it had been over 12 hours since I'd had anything to eat or drink so I was thankful OH was there.

Thanks again for the advice Kyla!

In other pregnancy related news, I am really sick of people commenting on my bump size. Some people will tell me how much smaller it was than last time, other people are telling me how huge it's getting.

Seriously, pregnancy seems to be the one time where people feel that it's totally appropriate to comment on your body size and I am getting a bit tired of it :growlmad:

Mrs. Eddie I so hear you! It's either "oh you're really small" or "wow you're really big". Could we not comment on size at all? It irritates me a lot. My mw said my tummy is measuring perfectly for how far along I am so they can all take a hike lol.

I'm tired and cranky and craving Italian sausage!

I'm having DH pick me up tomorrow after the glucose test as well and taking some snacks to eat as soon as it's done. I only had to do the one hour one last time but now here they do the 2hr as standard. I just think I'm going to be starving! As far as taking a book, I am currently reading Call the Midwife, so I'm sure that looks funny when I'm at my obs waiting for my appointment or like tomorrow, waiting for my tests. Haha!

Talking about cravings, last night I wanted to chomp on ice. I always have iced water in a drink bottle but this urge just came over me that I wanted to crunch up all the ice until it was gone. Weird!!

We did have a great week away, thanks!

I'm so glad I don't have to do the GT. I get mega hangry...I'd not be a nice lady to be around. Good luck to the rest of you.

Mrs Eddie...everyone always has to say something don't they. My neighbour said to me the other week how huge I was and since I cut my hair, it makes me face look fat! Sour old biddy!!

Must be a full moon coming on. My cat brought a not quite dead bird into the house yesterday and chased the poor thing around. Feathers everywhere!! I was not impressed!

Sorry to hear you Ladies are dealing with other people's stupidity too. The funny thing was that the person who commented on how large I was getting the other day is not really in the best shape so kind of ironic.

Mrs. H, like you I am apparently measuring on track so I guess I should tell them to stuff it as well :haha:

Maggs, I can't believe your neighbor said that to you, that is so rude :growlmad: I also can get pretty hangry so imagine I'll be in a foul mood by the time the test is done. DH has promised to take me out for a nice brunch after!

Poppiebug, good luck on your test. Apparently, I am only doing a two hour one as well according to the requisition form :shrug:

I am a bit annoyed as they just left me the form last night, no instructions on where to go to get the test, how long to fast for, etc. My MW's office is closed today so I'll have to wait until Monday now before I can book this stupid thing. Just want it over with.

Ugh mrs E so sorry hun u have to go thru this mine was done yesterday the one hour one and hoping that I pass too but with the number of ppl failing this I am dreading I might have to go for 3 hr one too which I seriously don't want but let's c result will be in by Monday so fx

I knw everyone passes the 3 hr one and so will you hun fx for u and to all whose glucose test is there around

Ppl around comment about everything theses days as they have no other business just ignore the statements or give a good one to them as mrs h said :hugs!!

Ugh mrs E so sorry hun u have to go thru this mine was done yesterday the one hour one and hoping that I pass too but with the number of ppl failing this I am dreading I might have to go for 3 hr one too which I seriously don't want but let's c result will be in by Monday so fx

I knw everyone passes the 3 hr one and so will you hun fx for u and to all whose glucose test is there around

Ppl around comment about everything theses days as they have no other business just ignore the statements or give a good one to them as mrs h said :hugs!!

Thanks so much Pearly, really hope I pass too! I'm sure you will pass your one hour test. I should have been more cautious of what I ate before taking mine, which is why I think I failed it. FX for you too! :hugs:

Screw brunch Mrs. Eddie, I'd be getting hubby to get a big mac and strawberry milkshake :haha:

Ladies I hope you all pass! I'm currently at the lab for my 3-hour. The drink was disgusting and I'm starting to get a headache. I'm so hungry right now! Had to drive myself here unfortunately bc hubby is home with our daughter and the boy I babysit will be there before I get back home. Ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->